“Good Luck finding it” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #107 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
NYC
“Good Luck finding it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The L'Enfant Plaza Hotel is right above the L'Enfant Plaza Metro station, but I walked from there around the property for half a mile without encountering a single sign pointing to the Hotel. I finally walked along an underground expressway where I found the garage for the Plaza itself, and from there found my way to the hotel. On entering the hotel lobby, a low-ceiling and noisy area, I was quickly helped for check-in. I advised the desk clerk of the poor signage, to which he replied - oh, wait, he didn't say anything at all. "I'm sorry for your inconvenience," would have been a reasonable response.

I was then advised that my room faced an area of construction that would be noisy until midnight. I asked for another room, one facing the HUD building and which would not be so noisy. With some reluctance, I was given such a room.

The rooms themselves are time-worn with a small bathroom, poor electrical access, and expensive internet service. The only real plus is the nice lighting at the bedside - something rarely found these days.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
LEnfantPlazaHotel, General Manager at L'Enfant Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear TwinComanche,

Thank you for your comments. I will make sure to sit down and review the signage and it’s ease. We hope that you choose to stay with L'Enfant Plaza on your next trip to DC.

Dwayne Dean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Greek first
columbia south carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Parking is fun to get to and even funner to get around in the garage.You're going to be paying $40/day to park.Check in was quick but not over friendly.Getting luggage from garage to our room was hard.if you've ever seen Ghostbusters,then you've seen decor like this hotel has.I liked it because i love that style but i can see where business folks would expect better.The room was very large and clean.The furniture a lil worn but not aweful.The worst part about the room was not having a fridge or microwave.I liked the bathroom heating fan though.Our maid always left plenty of supplies for us.
The grill in the lobby was very pricey...it was $16 for breakfast buffet.It was good and had some upscale offerings,but no one eats $16 worth of food for breakfast.There is a nice lobby gift shop and store and CVS below the hotel to get items you may need during your stay.If only you had a fridge to hold them...
Having the food court down below was nice ,but if you're not there by 6ish....you're out of luck.
The area was nice and convenient....on a quieter street.
All in all i would recommend this hotel,but do not think it's worth paying over $125 any time of year .I've seen some prices going up to almost $300 and feel aweful for those who pay that price.Disneyworld charges that much for their deluxe resorts and they are some of the best I have seen.
I really think they should not charge for internet either...alot of hotels give this for free.That will run you $10/day....so if you add the parking fees and internet to your bill....be prepared to pay $50/day extra.This is handy to know for families out there who are on a budget and may want to seek out another hotel that would nickel and dime you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
LEnfantPlazaHotel, General Manager at L'Enfant Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear cundifffamily,

Thank you for your comments. I find it delightful that you have an appreciation for our current décor! We appreciate your business and hope that you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to DC.

Kind regards,

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself was good...clean, service was friendly and rooms were spacious. I wish I would have known there was construction in front of the property with jack hammering until midnight. Guests should be warned when booking the reservations.

• Stayed April 2013
LEnfantPlazaHotel, General Manager at L'Enfant Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear cange,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad to know that your actual accommodations and service were satisfactory. Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences related to the construction taking place in front of the hotel. We hope that you choose to stay with L'Enfant Plaza on your next trip to DC.

Simsbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

It's on the wrong side of the mall but metro is convenient. It's cheaper than alot of "luxery" hotels in DC but you get what you pay for. Little things like no electrical plug-ins on the desk, you have to find an available outlet. The bed was comfortable but dated like the room. Everything is extra: 10$/night internet charge; 40$/night parking; etc.. Construction in the front of property had noise into the night, They had firedrills for 1.5 hrs for 2 nights (7 to 8:30) in a row and when complained they said it's the landlord and couldn't do anything about it. Heavily used by conventions so lobby was always crowded and noisy. So if $$$ is all you care about nothing was negative enough to recommend against it but there we always found ourselves on the opposite side of the mall between 7th and 12th street for dinner with a 10$ cab ride back to the hotel or faced a 20 minute walk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
LEnfantPlazaHotel, General Manager at L'Enfant Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear John0903,

Thank you for staying with us. We hope that if you return to the DC area you will consider staying with us again.

Regards,

Monmouth Junction, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had a ladies weekend in DC this past weekend and were very pleased with L'Enfant. The location was great, close to major sites and also a metro station so we coudl go anytwhere from this location. Staff was very nice and accomodating. Rooms were clean and functional. The food and service in the American Grille was okay, we had plans to eat elsewhere once we arrived but torrential downpours kept us in the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to others. Great value and price.

Room Tip: Stay away from the front of the building, there is currently construction. We were in the rear and f...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Pdmmartino,

Thank you for letting us be a part of your ladies weekend!! Hopefully what happened at L’Enfant stays at L’Enfant! LOL We appreciate your business and hope that you choose to stay with us again should you travel bring you back to DC. Please socialize with us on Facebook and Twitter.

Best regards,

Idaho Falls, Idaho, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

My room is fairly large; bedding is nice; fixtures and bathrooms very dated. I am on business travel and there are not enough convenient outlets to use and charge my computer, cell and tablet. Internet service is very slow and they charge for the service in room. TVs are old (no flat screens here!) and reception is horrendous.

The bathroom outlets will not hold a plug. I'm am constantly having to reinsert my curling iron plug and re heat it. Not good if you are running short on time. Shower head is leaky and stream is not consist. One person who is traveling with me ran out of hot water very quickly in her room. Coffee service set up in the bathroom - Very unsanitary!!!

The only reason I chose this hotel is because of its proximity to my meeting location. On future trips to DC, I will return to the consistently business friendly and professional Marriott hotels even if I have to stay in the outlying area. This hotel could learn a lot by studying Marriott's practices. They are doing some renovations, but they have definitely waited too long.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Savvygrl,

We thank you for your business and your comments which we will use to better serve future guests. We are sorry that we could not make your stay at L'Enfant a better one.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Location, location, location ....good but not so great...
Lobby area was great, so was the staff, The room was clean but needed updating... TV reception was poor...after a long day..you want to kick back and relax for a few and watch the tube. Old TV's and poor reception and 10 channels...
The construction out in front of the hotel with the constant jack hammering until midnight was a nuisance, I was on the east side, not up front and it was annoying to put it mildly.

Dear Bruce Y,

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that you experienced the construction activity and noises taking place in front of our hotel. It would be great if we could up and move our property while this is going on but unfortunately we can’t. I hope that you will consider staying with us again once it is “all clear on the front.” Again, we thank you for your business and your comments which we will use to better serve future guests.

Dwayne Dean

Been to L'Enfant Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!