Stayed here for two nights on business. Ate in restraunt, utilized workout facility, took Metro to airport, drank in bar area.
Stayed here based on proximity to federal buildings to be visited and fact that other comopany employee had already made his reservation here so as not to take too many taxis to meet. I stayed on 15th floor It appears at some point that the maintenance staff was just let go and no one clean or maintains anything outside of the lobby area.
Positives (not too many):
1) Close to metro station (located below hotel area) so getting to and from hotel was easy.
2) Good ood in Aerican Grill - had fish and was very good.
3) Bellman were friendly and helpful
4) Heating and colling in the room worked well
5) My room had a small balcony
6) Starbucks in lobby.
1) Room was in need of repair - The door access look was about to fall off, the security lock slider did not engage, the TV was ancient and small, the wood TV stand was dlaminating, the electrical outlet by the desk in the room almost pulled all the way out when trying to unplug devices (exposing electrical wiring), the slider door to the balcony was stuck and difficult to open.
2) Workout area 11th floor - Smelled like mold and old socks. Decent size area and equipment but something bad is going on with HVAC. Also, the security lock on the workout door was broken and door ajar, meaning not secured at all.
3) Lack of Miantenance in Common Areas - 11 floor and 15th floor by elevators sohowed evidence of water damage (cracked and stained drywall), carpets worn, one elevator was down 1.5 days i was there, and other misc repairs needed.
4) DIrty - Rooms and looby were pretty clean but hallways and elevators dirty (I observed the same grape and piece of muffin in my elevator for two days as well as other unidentified stains on the car walls).
5) Staff at from desk was appathetic and not very friendly. This could be based on the fact that they have to work in this place, but nevertheless, not very professional.
6) Expensive WiFi Access and Poor Signal - $10/day for WiFi and signal in my room on 15th floor was constaintly falling off.
Washington D.C. is expensive no mater where you stay (if inside the beltway) so room cost here was a little less than average (even better with Gov't) discount). That said, this place did not justify the rate charged.
Would go here again for coffee, lunch, dinner or drinks but wIll never stay here again.
Taking my elevator up it went from Lobby to 11th, 12th, 14th and 15th floors. There maybe a club le...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
February 15, 2013
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you did not have the best experience possible at our hotel. We take our customer service very seriously at L'Enfant Plaza Hotel and will make sure to address the issues that you have indicated. Again we apologize for the experience you had at our hotel and we will use your feedback to correct any mistakes.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.