“great family Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #107 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Concord, New Hampshire
“great family Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We are so glad that we chose this hotel for our family vacation to Washington , D.C. first of all the location in proximity to all of the major features and museums is just perfect and within walking distance. We also loved the fact that the metro station is located directly beneath the hotel which was extremely convenient since parking can be difficult in the city. The staff was wonderful , friendly, and very accomadating. the rooms were well appointed , spacious, and clean, and the views spectacular. The workout room was large and equipt with eliptical machines, bikes and treadmills each of which had their own mini television. Also, there were free weights , lockers and showers. We would recommend this hotel to other families looking for a great hotel to stay in for their vacation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
LEnfantPlazaHotel, General Manager at L'Enfant Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear NH surfer K,

Thank you for your comments. We love to hear great feedback from our guests and it brings us great satisfaction to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay! At L'Enfant Plaza we stress great customer service and we are glad that we were able to bring you customer satisfaction. We frequently offer specials, so keep up with us on Facebook and Twitter! We look forward to having you during your next trip to the DC area. Again, thank you for your positive comments.

Dwayne Dean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Greek first
Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed here for two nights on business. Ate in restraunt, utilized workout facility, took Metro to airport, drank in bar area.

Stayed here based on proximity to federal buildings to be visited and fact that other comopany employee had already made his reservation here so as not to take too many taxis to meet. I stayed on 15th floor It appears at some point that the maintenance staff was just let go and no one clean or maintains anything outside of the lobby area.

Positives (not too many):
1) Close to metro station (located below hotel area) so getting to and from hotel was easy.
2) Good ood in Aerican Grill - had fish and was very good.
3) Bellman were friendly and helpful
4) Heating and colling in the room worked well
5) My room had a small balcony
6) Starbucks in lobby.

Negatives:
1) Room was in need of repair - The door access look was about to fall off, the security lock slider did not engage, the TV was ancient and small, the wood TV stand was dlaminating, the electrical outlet by the desk in the room almost pulled all the way out when trying to unplug devices (exposing electrical wiring), the slider door to the balcony was stuck and difficult to open.
2) Workout area 11th floor - Smelled like mold and old socks. Decent size area and equipment but something bad is going on with HVAC. Also, the security lock on the workout door was broken and door ajar, meaning not secured at all.
3) Lack of Miantenance in Common Areas - 11 floor and 15th floor by elevators sohowed evidence of water damage (cracked and stained drywall), carpets worn, one elevator was down 1.5 days i was there, and other misc repairs needed.
4) DIrty - Rooms and looby were pretty clean but hallways and elevators dirty (I observed the same grape and piece of muffin in my elevator for two days as well as other unidentified stains on the car walls).
5) Staff at from desk was appathetic and not very friendly. This could be based on the fact that they have to work in this place, but nevertheless, not very professional.
6) Expensive WiFi Access and Poor Signal - $10/day for WiFi and signal in my room on 15th floor was constaintly falling off.

Washington D.C. is expensive no mater where you stay (if inside the beltway) so room cost here was a little less than average (even better with Gov't) discount). That said, this place did not justify the rate charged.

Would go here again for coffee, lunch, dinner or drinks but wIll never stay here again.

Room Tip: Taking my elevator up it went from Lobby to 11th, 12th, 14th and 15th floors. There maybe a club le...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
LEnfantPlazaHotel, General Manager at L'Enfant Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear ZipZap35572,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you did not have the best experience possible at our hotel. We take our customer service very seriously at L'Enfant Plaza Hotel and will make sure to address the issues that you have indicated. Again we apologize for the experience you had at our hotel and we will use your feedback to correct any mistakes.

Anchorage, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Check in was a breeze and the proximity to the metro are the only good things I can say. Dated and worn out. Broken tiles and grout in the bathroom. Stains everywhere!!! No outlets near the night stands. If it weren't for the fact that I am here for meetings I would check out. Feel like I need hazmat gear to walk aroud the room. This place is nasty. Sleeze taxi drivers in the elevators trying to get you to take the cab instead of the metro. This place is questionable at best. Avoid!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear AKFly,

We are sorry that your stay was not satisfactory to you. We thank you for choosing L’Enfant Plaza.

Regards,

Denver, CO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I booked this hotel through the trade group I was coming to visit. Even though Tripadvisor gave it so-so reviews I gave it a chance. I was in DC for four night and left the L'Enfant after one night. I went to the Fairfield and was able to get a room at a lower rate which was far superior to this hotel. It is unclean, the rooms are severely dated and in need of repair and updating. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear DoctorRDenver_CO,

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that your stay was a disappointment to you. We thank you for your business and your comments which we will use to better serve future guests.

Regards,

Forest Hills, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This hotel was located in the middle of an office complex that had its own metro station. Its hotel lobby was very spacious. It has an outdoor pool. But the rooms' furnishing was old. The bed was not firm enough for me.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Samuel F,

Thank you for your comments. We thank you for your business and your comments which we will use to better serve future guests.

Best regards,

Robina, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I booked a room with a King, View and and Balcony in October 2012. Upon check-in was told this room was unavailable, there was a room however with 2 beds that had a view if I would like. This conversation with the staff member was very fast and to the point I really could not understand her and she seemed very irritated about something.....my first impression was that I was taking up her time!
My husband and I had trained from N.Y., that day and fought through the 1700 hrs pick hour customers from Union Station to the Hotel all we now wanted was to check-in, have something to eat and get to bed.
We went to the first room to find 2 double beds and Yes a view. The majority of husbands and wives sleep in one bed if I recall. My heart sank! We both went back down to the lobby and I to the front desk again. I received the same standoffish greeting as before from the same receptionist who very unhappily took the keys from me and proceeded to give me ones for a King and Balcony!
Off we traipsed... Yes! This was it. I went over to the "sliding" door, which opened well enough to check out the BALCONY! Perplexed I was to see something about a foot in width protruding from the door. I then tried with all my might to move the fly screen, but with great difficulty. It was rather obvious maintenance personal didn't like fly screens! The wheels on it had not been serviced from its inception! And it was warped. I left well alone! The room was very old and clearly not looked after, but clean. Then I proceeded to the closet .... another fight with the sliding doors... The whole frame was warped. I managed to put our valuables in the safe however.
The "Block-out" curtains were too short width wise too. The bath could have had a grip mat in it to stop injury while showering. Nonetheless, it was clean and the bed very comfortable.
We learned on one of our day trips Washington DC experienced a large earthquake 2011, maybe this hotel didn't do a good enough structural check or the possibility is that the management doesn't care. It was very clear staff didn't enjoy their work. To get a smile from the door men to the receptionists to the table waiter in the pub. That was an experience I have yet to see anywhere else, where a seemingly frustrated waiter holding a large tray with 2 servings on it literally picked up an empty large tray off a serving cabinet and threw it to the floor. This cabinet stood off to the right to a doorway from the bar. He proceeded to then PUT our order in front of us. The only charming person on duty there that night was the Bar man/ senior
person.
Getting milk is difficult, I mean, the rooms only have cream whitener in the coffee per packs. We like milk out of a bottle or carton. I asked a waiter from the main restaurant for some for the room and he was surprised the rooms didn't have any of the kind and produced a small bottle for $2.20. Don't forget to tip!
There was NO such person at the concierge desk. We wanted to do a day trip to Jamestown on such thing! AND THIS IS THE CAPITAL CITY of the U.S.A!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
LEnfantPlazaHotel, General Manager at L'Enfant Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Anne C,

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed that you did not receive exemplary customer service. If you have names of the staff members that were not up to hospitality standards, I would appreciate you forwarding them so that I might discuss your interactions with them. It is unfortunate that you had a negative experience with so many people you came in contact with. Again we apologize for the experience you had at our hotel and we will use your feedback to correct any mistakes on our part.

Logan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Being right by metro stop is good but the strong chemical fragrance in the ventilation was overwhelming and inescapable. I asked what it was and staff helped me change to a room that didn't smell--at first. But as soon as heat came on, it smelled that way too. I kept looking for one of those plugin air fresheners-- if you like those you'll be fine with this--but finally figured it out when I opened the window and it suddenly was much worse coming from heat vents. It triggered a migraine. Miserable experience. It was very cold out but maybe when neither heat nor AC are needed-- in spring or fall-- it wouldn't be so bad. Otherwise the service was good and food in hotel restaurant was ok although not memorable.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Lori R,

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that your stay was not enjoyable. Unfortunately, I cannot explain why or where the smell you indicated came from as we do not utilize any type of scent enhancing systems. I am pleased to know that you did experience good service. We thank you for your business and choosing to stay at L’Enfant Plaza Hotel. I truly hope that you will stay with us again,

Kind regards,

Dwayne Dean

Been to L'Enfant Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!