“Don't book here if you want sleep and an honest cab ride” 2 of 5 stars

Special Price
SUMMER SAVINGS UP TO 15%
Ranked #14 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
USA
“Don't book here if you want sleep and an honest cab ride”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

I've seen the other ratings regarding noise - they are true - I stayed here for 9 nights and it was every morning. A clogged toilet was not fixed for 24 hours - it took two calls to get it fixed. Then to top it off, I and a colleague scheduled a cab for 4:45 am. When I arrived the front desk guy had someone else in the cab and was adding another. I had to argue to not let the cab leave without my colleague. Then it isn't a cab at all - a personal car. Once in the "cab" come to find out the other two people had scheduled their cab for 4:30. At the airport they tried to charge us $20 per person - I don't know what the other two paid, but we refused and he took $10 per person. The day before another colleague shared a real cab to the airport and only paid $15. Talk about scam. I love the location and the room is very nice - but I prefer honesty and sound sleep.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
agm_thequincy, manager at The Quincy, responded to this review, April 14, 2010
Hi Travler768473!

Thank you for staying at The Quincy! We are aware of the noise issues and we are working with the city to stop the trash pickup from our neighboring buildings so early in the morning. We apologize that the maintenance issue took so long to be fixed,that issue has been addressed. We always want our guests to leave happy and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future to make it up to you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Turkish first
Philly, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

My review is mostly good. The door man was great. We didn't know that parking would be so high. The room was spacious and comfortable. They should have upgraded the televisions to flat panel/wall mounts instead of the older models. The shower and tub are small. The bed an comfortable and large. We liked the room and lobby decor. It was a good location. We went for a weekend getaway to see a jazz concert at blues alley, do the DC segway tour and cherry blossom festival. We walked to most places. I didn't realize everything in the area of the hotel closes around 6:30/7pm on a Saturday.

The only complaint I do have is I booked in advance (February) and was charge for at least one night and then. After check on Sunday, I was charged for two nights with no release of the orginal charge for one night back in February. I will follow up with the hotel about this. I did ask the clerk at check about this and he couldn't answer. Other wise it was a good trip and we would stay there again, unless we decided to stay in Georgetown (closer to the shopping).

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
agm_thequincy, Manager at The Quincy, responded to this review, April 14, 2010
Hi ald3114!

Thank you for staying at The Quincy! We are glad you enjoyed our large and comfortable rooms! We like our lobby decor, so we are glad you liked it also! We are in the process of getting flat panel tvs, we hope to have every room equipped with one very soon! Hopefully your billing issues was resolved to your satisfaction!

We hope to see you in the future!
Halifax
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

I can't comment on the quality of the rooms as I never got to see or stay in the room I booked and prepaid for over a month in advance. Evidently, the hotel had over booked and 'bumped' us in favor of someone who wanted a longer stay. Despite knowing this well in advance, we were NEVER informed and did not find out until after arriving from the airport. We were then told that our only option was to stay in a dive in Arlington VA, but that we would receive a full discount for the inconvenience. Well, my credit card statement arrived an guess what? No refund. Trust me, we will get our money back; I will sue it I have to, but I have never encountered such unprofessional practices by a hotel in my life. Do not book here. We did and it ruined our trip and a month later it is still causing a headache to try to get our promised refund. Shame on you Quincy!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
agm_thequincy, Management at The Quincy, responded to this review, March 25, 2010
Hi Spb321,

Thank you very much for your comments about the situation you encountered. This is not the experience that we want people to walk away with from our hotel. We are deeply apologetic for the annoyance and inconvenience that we caused you. I have contacted the third party vendor again and they will speed up the refund process.

We hope that you will give us another chance in the future!
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

This hotel is only one block from the office where I attend regular meetings. It is very good value as the room is large, the room amenities are similar to more expensive hotels and everything was clean and comfortable. But at 5:30 am I was woken by incredibly loud noises from the alley outside my window. It sounded like a series of explosions but I soon realised it was the noise of huge metal garbage containers being emptied into a truck then dropped back into place. This noise continued, interspersed with beeps as the truck backed up the alley, until 6:30 am, by which time I had given up and got ready for the day. As I had come from Los Angeles, which is three hours earlier than DC, I was woken at the equivalent of 2:30 am - which negatively affected my ability to work all day. The hotel really must solve this problem - from the other reviews it seems to have been ongoing for quite some time. I couldn't recommend it to others until this is fixed.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

The hotel is in a good location with the metro station close by, approx 2 blocks, and is surrounded by cafes and restaurants. The rooms are large (we stayed in 602), with a queen size comfortable bed and good pillows. Room had flat screen tv, good bathroom and kitchenette. There is NO breakfast available at the hotel, but the cafes are close so it is no problem. Our room faced the street, so we got street noise and the windows are not double glazed. The noise is mainly early morning peak traffic. If you want to stay here, ask for a room that doesn't face the street. The hotel has free internet in the business centre with 2 computers and a printer. Staff were friendly and helpful. There are ice machines in the stair wells. As we live in Australia, paperback books are expensive, but in Washington they are about half price (Borders) as to what we pay back home. I bought about a dozen, went to the post office and shipped them home. With paying for postage, I still saved about $50.00. We loved Washington, would love to go back and the Quincy Hotel was a fine hotel where we would stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
agm_thequincy, Manager at The Quincy, responded to this review, March 17, 2010
Hi Jenny0401,

Thank you for staying at the The Quincy Hotel! I'm glad that the accommodations and service were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal at The Quincy Hotel!

We hope to have you stay with us in the future!
Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

I stayed at The Quincy with my significant other for the New Year’s 2010 weekend and the experience was terrible, however the management’s customer service in handling our problems were great. I’ll start off with all the bad aspects of the hotel. The door customer service was not that great, the receptionist decided it wasn’t important to greet me or offer the Bally’s gym cards they are supposed to offer guests. First off, the décor and infrastructure is not identical to the website’s pictures and descriptions. This is an old boutique hotel that has been remodeled, however a lot seemed skipped during the renovation. The two elevators are only large enough for maybe four people without large luggage, and on the second floor there was a slight rank of an older building. The view from our room was of the central air conditioner, it was this huge disgusting contraption. We closed the blinds so that we didn’t have to suffer with the view. Second, the heating system is a bit odd. There is a thermostat in the middle of the room that I adjusted, only to later see in small print that “if” it didn’t work, to adjust the main HVAC unit behind the couch. This is a college-style heater that sucks to see in a hotel that boasts rooms over $100 a night. Thirdly, looking around the room we find a fridge and microwave that look to be from the 1980s. The bathroom was absolutely disgusting and the closet doors were rickety and old. The carpet around the bathroom and closet area was unevenly cut and the carpet itself seemed very lumpy. I think the only thing in the room that matched the website’s description was the desk. The desk is quite large for those who need to get work done. The rooms are indeed spacious, as other people have noted, however I wonder what good a large room does with crappy equipment. I kept my slippers on, there was no way I’d be walking on that carpet bare-foot. The big doozy came at midnight. Our toilet flooded (this was not due to us), the toilet had barely been utilized. However water spilled all over the floor making the room not really suitable to spend the night in. When I called the front desk, to make a long story shorter, the men were nonchalant, and said all other rooms were sold out, and finally sent us off to a partner hotel that they assumed the costs for (that hotel was not much better…). The main part that hurt and upset me was the lack of care they had. Here is a paying guest looking for proper, dry accommodations after midnight on what is supposed to be the best night of the year, and we’re being shuffled around in the cold trying to find a cab to take us to the new hotel. After this hellish nightmare, I wrote a letter to management and was really impressed by the response. A manager called me back with sincere apologies, and they seemed like they were going to take serious steps to make sure this type of thing never happened again. I got a refund, and was reassured that the men on staff that night were going to catch up on their customer service classes. I was also told that the room I stayed in was being taken off the market to be re-analyzed for further improvements. You can’t find good customer service these days. I was very taken aback and satisfied with the timeliness of response and the actions taken to remedy what had happened. I should also mention that this hotel is connected to a nightclub; the walls must be quite thin, because my room sounded like the dance floor itself. All in all, if you don’t need many fancy bells and whistles to your room and just need a bed to sleep in; this hotel might work for you. If you want a clean and modern facility, this may not be it. Stay here at your own risk!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
agm_thequincy, Manager at The Quincy, responded to this review, March 17, 2010
Hi Sherell2008!

Thank you for staying at The Quincy! We have corrected our maintenance and customer service issues and we are deeply sorry for the Inconvenience that you were caused during your stay. I'm glad that you were satisfied with the response you received from management and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future!
Brasilia, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

Perfect location, and excellent service. The room was beautiful and cozy.

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple