“In Washington it is the Quincy for us!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
SUMMER SAVINGS UP TO 15%
Ranked #14 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
New York City, New York
“In Washington it is the Quincy for us!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

This is our second stay at The Quincy and we were just as happy as the first. The rooms are super spacious, the bathrooms also roomy with nice hardware and right before the bathroom in front of the closet, there is a small area with an empty refirigerator so you can store your stuff, a microwave and a coffemaker with coffee provided. The closet has an iron and ironing borad as well as a safe and umbrella.
Location is safe and convenient, altough mostly offices, but there are restaurants and coffeshops right across the street and almost next door. You can walk to the White House shops and metro. Next time we are in Washington it is the Quincy for us!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
agm_thequincy, manager at The Quincy, responded to this review, January 26, 2010
Hi Tropicalia,

Thank you for staying with us again! We are so happy you always choose us when coming to DC! Our super spacious rooms will be awaiting your next arrival!

We can't wait to see you next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Turkish first
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

We booked The Quincy through travelzoo.com for the unbelievable price of $79 for a king suite, and it was wonderful! From Cathy in In-House Reservations to the front desk staff, and housekeeping, EVERYBODY was helpful and great to deal with! The room was clean and HUGE and the bed was very comfortable. As other reviewers have mentioned, the bathroom was rather small, but since I don't sleep in the bathroom, it doesn't matter! We were on the eighth floor at the front and my sister and brother-in-law were on the same floor on the back of the building, and none of us were disturbed by noises. Even without a discount price, we would definitely stay at The Quincy again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Hi Twina49

Thank you for staying at The Quincy! We are glad you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate the comments about our wonderful staff, we are here to make sure you leave our hotel smiling and wanting to return to stay with us!

We will see you next time!
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

I recently spent a horrible night at the Quincy. Construction with jackhammers began at 5 AM outside my window. The hotel claimed it didn't know but ear plugs were placed by the side of the bed so they must have known something was up. Worse, the earplugs were not wrapped so I had no idea if they had been used by previous guests. gross! They did take some money off my bill but I would have rather paid more and slept.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
agm_thequincy, Manager at The Quincy, responded to this review, December 10, 2009
Hello Bdaytravels,

Thank you for staing at The Quincy! I can assure you that The Quincy was not informed of any construction/jackhammering being done by our neighboring buildings. We do offer earplugs to all of our guests as a "sleep sound" option to help with the sounds of being in downtown DC! The earplugs come in plastic containers, that are replaced for every new guest.

We apologize for any Inconvenience that you were caused. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future!
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

This is my first time at the Quincy, I arrived last night for 4 nights. Because of past reviews I requested a high floor, towards the front which I got. The hotel is located in a great part of DC and a few blocks from the subway. There are numerous places to eat within walking distance. My fav is Potbelly which is at the end of the block. There is also a Borders bookstore at the end of the block. Past reviews said it was noisy, I did hear some siren, but no where near what you hear in NYC. Front desk was nice and the rooms are big, huge desk, mini sectional. Bathroom a bit small but functional. Loved my bed and slept great. Got a great rate and will come back with my family in a couple of months.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Tifton, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

When we made our selection for a hotel for a long weekend (Oct. 17-20), we were primarily interested in value and convenience. The Quincy was a perfect location for the Metro, restaurants, and the sites we wanted to visit. Desk staff were a little aloof, but the bellman was always so friendly and helpful. We were really pleased when we saw our huge room. The bed was comfortable as were the sofas for lounging, and we enjoyed the microwave and refrigerator. It was rainy the first part of the weekend so the complimentary umbrellas were a nice perk. The only negatives were needing to open windows to let in some cooler air because only the heat was working and adjusting to some minor funkiness with the bathroom plumbing. Also, our room overlooked the street; and there was quite a bit of noise at night - I still slept well.

As has been mentioned in some earlier reviews, some of the restaurants in the area are closed on the weekend, but we found plenty open nearby. We wanted to eat ethnically - the type of restaurants not that available in our area - and enjoyed the nearby Aroma (Indian) and Mai Thai (on 19th St. with several other restaurants on the way north to Dupont Square). One night when we were exhausted we had pizza delivered from Luigi's, advertised in the hotel literature. It was fine. When the weekend was over, we ate breakfast twice at the Corner Bakery across the street and enjoyed lunch at Potbelly's.

We easily walked to the White House area and Dupont Circle with Embassy Row. Other places were accessible with a quick walk to the Lafayette North or West Metro stops. (Metro in Washington is so much easier to use than in New York.)

(I hope I have gotten names right - lost my notes.)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
agm_thequincy, Manager at The Quincy, responded to this review, November 13, 2009
Hi Farmgirl48,

Thank you for staying at The Quincy! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and was able to try different restaurants throughout the area.

On your next visit to The Quincy, We will try to have you on a higher floor so there will be less noise!

Hope to see you soon!
Aalborg, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2009

This a hotel with big and clean rooms. The hotel is well run and the staff is very flexible and friendly.

The location is really cool. Metro station just 2 blocks down and a 15-20 minute walk to the white house and close to shops, restaurants and the bus to Georgetown.

Ask for a room on the frontside as there is some noise on the lower floors on the backside.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Hi Bholst,

Thank you for staying at The Quincy! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate the comment about our staff being flexible and friendly! We always want to make our guests happy!

We look forward to you staying at The Quincy in the future!
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

Just got back from Washington, I only spent one night there (work for an airline so can pop over for the weekend) ... with limited time available I needed a good downtown hotel, and with a tight budget I needed it to be good value. Both were achieved perfectly by The Quincy .. easy to get to from the airport on the Metro, tucked away nicely but within 15 minutes walk of the White House and easily accessible to Metro stations .. I was there at the weekend which is a quiet time in the area but there's a Borders across the road which is open on Sundays and proved a warm waiting area with coffee when I needed to waste half an hour before heading home. The room I was given was huge, contemporary and cosy with a huge sofa and TV ... I'd read earlier reviews about the noise out back, so my heart sank when I looked out of the window and saw I was right above the air conditioning and garbage disposal area .. probably because it was the weekend, and more likely because I was a little jetlagged and had earplugs in, I heard nothing and slept like a baby. Staff were OK, not overly this or that, but efficient and I felt comfortable that if I'd needed anything they'd help out.

For a lone traveller and female, I got a good feeling from the place, it was small enough to be discreet and cosy but big enough not to feel claustrophobic. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Hi Cupcakejones,

Thank you for staying at The Quincy, We are glad you enjoyed your stay! I must agree that Borders is a great place to have coffee and quiet time before heading to the airport!

We apologize that your room was located over the airconditioning unit and garbage area..On your next visit to stay with us, we will try to make sure that you are in a room that is in a better location!

We hope to see you in the future!