“Just North of White House - 24 hour parking” 4 of 5 stars

The Quincy
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1823 L St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Dupont Circle)   |
Ranked #18 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Indianapolis, IN
“Just North of White House - 24 hour parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

What sold me on this hotel, was the parking. Their rates are for 24 hour onsite parking, whereas most of the nearby hotels have rates that expire at noon the day following check-in. Because we were arriving at 10:30PM and leaving DC after dinner the following day, this saved us a day of parking. which is substantial. (Note: all hotel parking charges tax, so increase posted rates by 7%) We stayed at this hotel only one night, and we enjoyed our stay. We chose a room with a small kitchen area, because it was the only room available that would accommodate 3 adults easily. The sofa bed was clean and comfortable enough, as was the king sized bed. The building is older, so it has some charm mixed with a bit of a musty smell, though not enough to trigger allergies. We were on the 12th floor, and it was notably noisy with the A/C off, so we left the fan on. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There was an online coupon on the hotel cite for free breakfast, which was a more-than-adequate $6 voucher per person to the Au Bon Pain croissant bakery next door. They were happy to store our baggage, and enjoyed their lobby area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
fos_thequincy, Guest Relations Manager at The Quincy, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Hello New2Paris! We truly appreciate you taking the time to review our property. Your opinions are extremely important to our staff and potential guests. We are all glad to read our parking system exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed a nice breakfast at the neighboring bakery. Also your kind words about our staff mean the world to us! Thank you so much for choosing the Quincy during your time in Washington and we'll all be looking forward to your next trip here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Turkish first
Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We choose the hotel for the location – walking distance for a round trip in DC and some good restaurants in the area and for price -$ 100 per night. And these were ok, at least for one night that we spend here.
The room is clean, but not at all cozy and is noisy. For breakfast we found a Starbucks in the neighborhood.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hello InesTa. Thank you so much for choosing the Quincy during your time in Washington. We really appreciate you taking the time to post this review and we are glad to read that you enjoyed our neighborhood. Next time you visit us we'll make sure your room is comfortable and cozy! Thanks again for choosing the Quincy and we will be looking forward to your next trip here!
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We popped over to DC for one night with our kids, 11 and 17 to hit the Air and Space Museum. We only had one day and wanted to stay someplace not too expensive, but walking distance to the White House and everything. Our friends, who were locals, suggested the Quincy! I'm so glad they did. The rooms were big and beautiful, the staff was so HAPPY to help us with anything we needed, and it was a nice 7 minute walk to the White House. There were little shops and cafes, restaurants all along the way. And for the area, I was shocked to find a hotel so reasonable! I highly recommend staying here on your next visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
fos_thequincy, Guest Relations Manager at The Quincy, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Hello lesth821! Thank you so much for posting this wonderful review! Our staff is thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with us! Your recommendation means the world to us and we really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback! Thank you so much for choosing the Quincy during your time in Washington and we will all be looking forward to your next trip here!
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My room at The Quincy was booked for me by a client. Although I appreciate that level of service, I hold a very strong preference for Marriott, Hilton, or Sheraton properties. Please forgive me because I do know that quite a few boutique hotels are more than worth it and many times significantly better than the primary chains, but I like my points - I have a family, you know.

So when I checked-in I was greeted very warmly (after several flight delays that canceled a nice steak dinner). The desk clerk told me that, if I hurried, I could get something to eat next door at Mackey's (review for Mackey's upcoming, too). Not only did I get something to eat well after 10 p.m., they happily gave me the menu and seemed happy that I ordered. Anyway, back to The Quincy.

My room was a really nice sized room for Washington DC, very clean, and quiet (my colleague apparently had quite a bit of noise, I should mention). Unfortunately, it was only a one-night stay because I really enjoyed it.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn't have to stay (by their own choice) at one of the main chains!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
fos_thequincy, Guest Relations Manager at The Quincy, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Hello LutosFriend! Thank you so much for choosing the Quincy during your time in Washington! Our entire staff is excited to read that you enjoyed your stay! We strive to provide our guests with a unique experience and personal touch that we feel some of the other hotels cannot provide. We hope your first experience at the Quincy will bring you back to us on your next trip to Washington! Thanks again for choosing the Quincy and taking the time to provide us with your feedback! Have a great day!
Metuchen, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay and got a great rate online.

The location is fantastic: two blocks to Red and Blue/Orange Metro lines. Pub downstairs, Le Bon Pain at the corner with other cafes and restaurants within a block's walk. Dupont Circle a 10 minute walk.

Neil at the desk cheerfully switched our rooms from the back to the front of the hotel when I asked about some of the noise complaints I'd seen here. Still heard noise, but not the horrendous dumpster racket others mentioned. It is a city hotel with city noise. I did sleep and did not need earplugs.

The rooms were spacious and well appointed with a modern funky yet retro vibe with black & white tile in the bathroom, which had a great rain-style showerhead. I loved that there was a full kitchen so we could enjoy leftovers from some of the fabulous dinners we had and also microwave breakfast sandwiches so not every meal had to be a $50-$100 extravaganza. There were two full size closets with small dresser towers in each. (No separtate dresser in the room). Vanity outside the bathroom with a large mirror and blow dryer.

Admittedly, Internet wasn't great, so I used 3G on my iPad and the downstairs business center when I needed to print out tour passes. I could see where that would be a problem if you were traveling on business. Biggest pain was the single working elevator which was small.

The staff was friendly, laid back and extremely helpful...to the point of calling a local take-out place at 11:20pm and asking them to stay open an extra 15 minutes so we could figure out what we wanted and call them back for delivery. That was the nicest thing since I was dealing with my cranky daughters after a 3 hour moonlight trolley tour and hunger wasn't improving anybody's mood.

Oh and there was a $30 a day parking fee. I think this is standard for city hotels here and elsewhere so I can't hold it against management. Some places I considered were as high as $45.

Overall, I would recommend the Quincy to anyone and would gladly return!

Room Tip: Street facing rooms seem to be Queen or 2 double beds. King size is on the back but it's an alle...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hello angpin! Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review! Your kind words mean a great deal to our staff! We really appreciate you choosing the Quincy for your family's vacation. We take great pride in providing our guests with exceptional customer service and we are all extremely pleased we were able to meet your expectations! We are also very happy to hear you enjoyed our neighborhood and the room you stayed in. Our entire staff will be looking forward to your next trip here and thanks again for choosing the Quincy during your time in Washington! Thank you for your wonderful recommendation and enjoy the rest of your summer!
Reykjavik, Iceland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

When you try out their bed for the first time you can't wait until you get to sleep in it for the first night. Then you go to sleep you find out that this hotels noise insulating is not great. You will be bothered by almost any sounds guest make around you or if something is happening outside. Its terrible. My room was on the fourth floor and a corner room so I was surprised on how much noise came into my room.

The room is spacious, has a nice tv, desk, a chair and a comfy sofa. The bathroom is okay, the showerhead was loose from the wall so it seemed the bathroom had been rushed. I liked the small fridge and the microwave.

Make sure you dont use their phone, I made two short domestic calls and I was charged over $10. Unbelieveable.

The elevator was very slow and only one in order.

Overall I would consider staying there again if the price is right but I did not rest well the two nights I spent there.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello OrvarF! Thank you so much for choosing the Quincy during your time in Washington! We truly appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to post this review. I do want to apologize for the outside noise interfering with a restful night’s sleep! We will do everything in our power next time you stay with us to ensure you get a peaceful night's sleep! We are happy to hear you enjoyed the bed and room and I completely agree with you, the beds are super comfortable! You look forward to another opportunity to exceed your expectations and thanks again for choosing the Quincy! Have a wonderful day!
Saxonburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I booked my room online over two weeks before my visit and got a fab rate. The rooms
are quite large and comfy. Huge desk and huge mirror very handy.
There is a free internet cafe in the basement. Great location to see all the sites.
No restaurant, but has a door to connect to the one next door. Staff was very helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
fos_thequincy, Guest Relations Manager at The Quincy, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Hello Horsewoman_7! Thank you so much for the wonderful review! Your feedback means the world to our staff and everyone is super excited to read that you enjoyed your stay! We are happy you enjoyed your room and we will be looking forward to your next visit here! Thank you so much for choosing the Quincy during your time in Washington! Have a wonderful day and we'll see you next time!

Been to The Quincy? Share your experiences!