“Great hotel and great location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Washington DC

You added JW Marriott Washington DC to your Saves list
JW Marriott Washington DC
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1331 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20004 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #74 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
San Francisco, California
“Great hotel and great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Great Hotel to stay especially if you're doing sightseeing! The lobby is so pretty, rooms are ok, we happened to get a room on lower floor with a view of the roof. The room is clean, and spacious the standard for most Marriott Hotels (elevator was a little confusing) I wish we could have stayed longer (it was not avaialble for the rate that we got) since it's so convenient to all the sites, metro and dining places! We had a drink at the bar, good service, good drinks and just a nice comfortable place to unwind after a long day sightseeing! I will definitely book this hotel again for future trip! Kudos to the housekeeping staff, i left my travel clothes in the closet and i didn't realized until a four days later. I called the hotel and gave them the room number and they turned it in! It was ready to be picked up a few hours later.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

The JW Marriott Washington DC is a luxury hotel located on Pennsylvania Avenue down from the White House. It is conveniently located within walking distance of a number of fine restaurants. It is a couple of blocks to the Metro, which gives you access to all the wonderful attractions in DC. For Marriott Elite there is one of the better concierge lounges in the chain. As would be expected for a hotel of this stature the service was impeccable. Room was large and comfortable. Added bonus, Seattle Seahawks stayed in the hotel the night before meeting President Obama.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We liked the hotel,but I expected more.We stayed 4nights,and celebrated two birthdays.I had hoped the hotel could have helped ordering a cake,we got addresses for places they sold cakes,but this doesn't really help traveling from Europe arriving the hotel the same day as one of the birthdays.We ended up with cupcakes.
The location was fantastic,and the view from our rooms very nice.
The person who checked us in didnt inform about opening hours for executive lounge or where in the hotel it was located.
The rooms were not the biggest,and with a very small bathroom,but it was very nice.
It could have been cleaner,we found long black hairs in the bathroom,and make up on the bathroom door and also in the bed.We told housekeeping,and the next day it was better,but this isnt suppose to happen,and much cheaper hotels are much cleaner.
Excecutive lounge was very good
Wfif worked good
Pool area was very good,and the person working there and in the gym was very nice.
I would maybe recommend some mousetraps !!!! I have to say I have never seen a mouse in a hotel before,but there were 2-3 in the pool area /hallway the first day we used the pool.

Overall a good stay,but not the best,and if I could chose again,I would chose a hotel with a little bit more personal service when celebrating birthdays.

new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

This hotel is very conveniently located. You can walk everywhere. It is clean and comfortable. The lobby, the brunch buffet, the rooms are great. The halls need some updating. All in all I would stay here again. The staff is helpful - a wonderful family weekend

Martinez, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Washington D.C. during memorial weekend is incredible. JW Marriott made my vacation comfortable and a happy to return to after a long day as a tourist. The service was fast and friendly. The room was very comfortable, especially the bed/pillows. The hotel is at least two blocks from most of the restaurants (other than the hotel). However, the walk to the Metro (Federal Triangle) was quick and easy with in two short blocks. I would stay at the JW again and again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel many times and really like it. My only complaint is that the concierge lounge is tiny compared to most Marriott properties. Overall a prime location where you can wake up looking at the Washington monument from Pennsylvania Avenue just like the president.

A solid Marriott experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
nymetfan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stayed 3 days on business. Booked room at $299. Upon checking in the front desk asked if a 5th floor room overlooking 14th street would be satisfactory. I said sure. When I looked at the key card holder later that eve it showed a $329 rate. The next morning I questioned the rate and was told that since I had a "city view" the room rate was higher. I was told that the rate would be adjusted after I complained that a higher rate was never mentioned. When I received the final bill upon checkout only 2 days were adjusted.
To be clear, the 5th floor has NO city view unless seeing the top 25% of the Washington Monument is a view. Looking directly at the side of the Willlard hotel is not a view.
Overall the room was comfortable, clean but on the small size and in need of updating,
Tip: 1) If you want a city view try going up to the top floors, 5th doesn't cut it
2) 14th street side has traffic noise
3) look at your bill closely

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
DanielMcKeon, Resident Manager at JW Marriott Washington DC, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide our property with feedback regarding your most recent stay. Your comments are truly one of the best tools that we have for better serving our future guests.

Please allow me the time to formally apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered while staying with us at the JW Marriott Washington DC. From your comments, it seems that we fell considerably short in our efforts to provide you with the room accommodations that you were hoping for. I completely understand how frustrating that may have been having to hear traffic noise while you were trying to sleep.

You are a valued guest, and everything that we do is aimed at making your hotel experience one that is enjoyable and memorable. I again would like to apologize that we were unable to make that happen during your most recent stay.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss these issues any further. Thank you again so much for choosing to stay with us. I look forward to hearing from you.

Been to JW Marriott Washington DC? Share your experiences!