For my first trip to DC I was not sure what to expect from this hotel or location, and I was happily surprised. The hotel was in the perfect location, just two blocks from the White House, numerous museums and the wonderful green space called "the mall". We had quite a long walk to our room, but that is the only minor negative that I have with the hotel. The restaurant does not get great reviews here on TripAdvisor so we did not even try it. There were several top rated restaurants within a 5-10 minute walk, and with just 3 nights in town there were a few options other than the hotel restaurant. It's nice to have a Starbucks right there in the lobby as well.
The room was very clean and well equipped, and quite comfortable for a business traveler. It's nice to have familiar accommodations for people that travel a lot, and Marriott does that quite well. The staff was very friendly and helpful when needed. The hotel is their flagship hotel and quite impressive overall, with massive crystal chandeliers in the lobby, and lots of conference space. I will most likely stay here again the next time we come to town, unless the lovely Willard Hotel next door has similar rates. Not sure about their rooms, but the lobby is truly amazing. Stop by and take a look and a few photos if you get a chance.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Washington Dc Hotel
- Jw Marriott Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At JW Marriott Washington, DC, we've thought of all the details so you don't have to. Our staff is well-versed in anticipating the needs of our guests and providing an environment of peaceful luxury. We offer state-of-the-art technology that you've come to expect while traveling in each of our guest rooms including 37" LCD HDTVs, connectivity panels for laptops, MP3 players and cameras, and high-speed internet access throughout. Situated near some of the most recognizable landmarks in Washington DC, our hotel provides easy access to renowned monuments, the National Mall, museums, and other cultural venues around the city like the National Theatre, the Convention Center and the National Portrait Gallery. Additionally, we are conveniently located around the corner from the White House, one block from the Metro and 15 minutes from Reagan National Airport.Our unbeatable location and attentive service allow you to enjoy the very best of the nation's capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your JW Marriott Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.