“Great place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill

You added Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 New Jersey Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #64 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I liked my stay there and the people that works there. Breakfast is not included but still a great place. Location is perfect and I could even see the capitol from my room. I walked around the area right after I checked- out and left my bags in the hotel so I did not carry them around

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
I am very pleased to hear that you liked your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill in DC and the people who works at that property. We are grateful to hear that you highly recommend our property to your friends and family for its great location close to the Capitol and the great service offered by our concierge. Thank you for sharing your appreciation with us and your kind comments were forwarded to the Executive management at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you again in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
Alexandria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed just one night at this hotel, but attended a conference there over 3 days. The hotel staff were consistently friendly and helpful. My room was very nice...modern, with a comfy king size bed and 5 wonderful pillows...with additional bedding and pillows in the closet. The entire room, including the bathroom, was immaculately clean and was very quiet though I know that the hotel was completely booked.

The hotel is just a block or two from the U.S. Capitol, and is also a block or two from a lovely park and memorial (with a fountain). The gorgeous Union Station (VRE and Metro access) is a 5-10 minute walk, with higher end shops and dozens of restaurants. There are also several excellent restaurants (including Art & Soul just across the street) that are within close walking distance.

Room Tip: Some rooms may have a view of the U.S. Capitol building, so ask the desk if those are available.
Green Features: I did notice that the trashcan in my room allowed guests to separate recyclable materials from others.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Stayed a couple of days during peak cherry blossom time. Check-in was rapid and painless. Friendly staff. Rooms are not cramped, desk area functional, bathroom spacious. Comfortable and clean. Meeting space was small but adequate. Bar is out of control over-priced. Would stay here again but I prefer some of the great boutique hotels in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, A Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. I am thrilled to learn that you had a pleasant check-in process, and found our staff to be friendly. It is terrific that you enjoyed your room, and found it to be spacious and clean. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future, as we would to love to welcome you back.

Allie H. – A Guest Relations Associates
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

The Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill is a place where everything works. The room was large, comfortable and well-appointed. The food was very good. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool/workout area suffers from the design issue--I can't really say "flaw"--common to places with indoor pools: you'd better workout in the morning unless you want someplace that sounds an elementary school playground. Nevertheless, the room was a bargain, and as the taxi came to fetch us back to the airport we realized that, yes indeed, it's right next to the Capitol.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
I am glad to you had a great stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington. Thank you for pointing out our location, large rooms, staff, and food. I hope you get to stay with us again soon.

-John S, Guest Relations Associate
Atlanta Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

The Hyatt is conviently located on New Jersey Ave, a few blocks from the Capitol and very convenient to Washington-National Airport. The hotel is huge and the staff is impersonal. The room was small but clean. The bed (booked a King, but was only double beds were available) was extremely uncomfortable. I was disappointed that the bellman had no umbrellas to lend out when it was raining. The concierge was extremely rude. The hotel has very nice meeting room space and is great for groups of business travellers. I would not recommend this hotel for romance, vacation or families, but is very acceptable as a business hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience during your stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill in DC. Despite its convenient location close to the Capitol and the Washington National Airport, I am so sorry to hear that the staff are impersonal, room too small, bed not comfortable, bellman had no umbrellas to lend out when it raining, and concierge very rude. Please be assured that I will be in contact with our hotel's executive management team in an effort to address your concerns you mentioned in your online review and to ensure that future guests do not experience the challenges that you have described. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail at social.media@hyatt.com or by contacting our Hyatt Guest Relations department by phone at 1-800-323-7249 or by e-mail at caemail@hyatt.com if you wish to discuss further your concerns regarding your stay.

I really hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide the excellent service that is indicative of Hyatt.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Our spring break trip to DC last week included our stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. Overall I was extremely pleased.

Purchased the room through Hotwire. Honestly, the location was close to Union Station, the Capitol Building, the National Mall (museums), and Chinatown. I could not have selected a better location! DC is a great city to walk and this hotel was perfectly located to do it all. The Cherry Blossom Festival was going on which was neat, but would have been better had the weather cooperated. But we were right there in the middle of it all. The cost for three nights on Hotwire was just about the same as had I booked one night on Hyatt's website directly.

Check in was professional and easy. The room (576) was small for a family of 4, but it was clean, beds comfortable, and the water pressure in the shower was amazing! The view to the office building across the street was the only negative comment about the room. Also pleased that a rollaway bed was brought up though it was never requested...great service in doing more than expected!

The pool was small, but that didn't bother the kids at all. Great workout facilities and the men's locker room had a sauna.

The bar area was perfectly set up. After a day of walking, the lounge was a great place to relax with the family and talk about the days events. Drinks were pricey, but it's DC, so I expect that.

We ended up parking at Union Station at $22 per day rather than the hotel's $48 per day rate...easy walk from Union Station even with big pieces of luggage.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay and the convenient location of the hotel. I'm very happy to hear you received great service from our staff. We would love to welcome you back and hope to see you soon. Thanks for choosing Hyatt.

Becky S
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

The manager, Megan was so sweet and upgraded us to a corner suite. Valet was a little backed up but the men were very pleasant. Checking in was smooth and quick. My husband had pre ordered a dozen roses, champagne and chocolate strawberries earlier in the week. They were supposed to be there when we arrived but only the roses made it. We called the front desk and they assured us that the champagne and strawberries would make it to us later in the evening. We had to scoot off to a dinner cruise so didn't get to enjoy a toast but when we returned we had strawberries, chilled champagne and a nice card with well wishes waiting for us. It was a nice treat to come back to! I'm pretty sure the champagne and strawberries ended up being complimentary. We were starving at 1am so ordered room service and it was great. The suite was beautiful and we had a great view of the city. Everything was just wonderful from the living room area to the bedroom. We didn't use the breakfast voucher. There was a long line at 10:30 so we ate somewhere down the street. Wish we had a chance to try the buffet. We will be staying here again in the future. See you in 1 year for our anniversary :)

• Stayed April 2014
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
adb1978,

Congratulations on your marriage! I'm glad we were able to make your honeymoon memorable. We can't wait to see you again next year! Thank you for choosing Hyatt.

-Paul R
Guest Relations Associate

Been to Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill? Share your experiences!