“Beautiful Executive Suites, Perfect Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill

You added Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 New Jersey Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #71 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Beautiful Executive Suites, Perfect Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Was down in DC with my family from March 14- 16 and stood here because of the location. We loved that we arrived at 11am after a long drive from NYC and were able to check in early. Had a King Bed Suite with a pull out bed which was really comfortable. Suite was spacious, stood on the 9th Floor but it was too noisy. Lots of activity early morning so do not stay in a room across from the ice machine. Also, very disappointed in valet- you spend $50 a night for your car to be scratched. They do not even have a garage-had I known, I would have parked it on the street. We had 2 huge scratches, called once we got to NY and nothing was done, not even a "we apologize". The valet guys have no idea what the area is like either-whish is a huge turn off as they couldn't even direct us to the nearest best breakfast joint. The Concierge was nice, check in staff was good as well. Housekeeping was ok but I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near maintenance closets and ice machines.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

(except if the fire station opposite has cause to be active!).

Great location on the hill, although the hotel itself could be a slightly dated multinational hotel anywhere in the world. Rooms were dated with shower no bath.

There was a big conference in, when I stayed there and neither the lifts/elevators nor WCs/washrooms could cope at peak times.

Room Tip: avoid the front by the fire station - can't see the Capitol building from there anyway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We had an excellent stay the room was great. I am in a wheelchair. I can't remember the set lady the checked is in very nice. I was surprising my husband with eine and strawberries. I bought ahead if time. The Sweet lady sent me a surprise didn't charge me for them.
I didn't like the dinner meals. Breakfast was great. Wheelchair friendly..nice people all through hotel. Valet were very nice helping with wheelchair show us all the places to get in hotel. If the lunch and dinner had more variety. We would come back. Thank you the stay
I will consider coming back in summer if youcan accommodate me without getting two rooms.with me needing accessible shower. Let me know if you can help or we have to go somewhere else..We had good time except the gentleman suggested we use big red bus it has wheelchair lifts we spent 78 dollars and wait 2 hours to get more the lift but that's not hotel problem we lost half a day we did the night your much better but paid other 78 dollars. Thanks for hotel service. ElizabethSutton1989@gmail.com

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Came into town for a conference across the street at the Washington Court Hotel. Wanted to stay at a hotel close but not at the Conference hotel. Checked in with the Kiosk in the lobby (what a way to discourage interaction with your staff) Got to the room and left my things in the tub as I was running late and didn't have time to inspect the room, when I returned around 3:00 am to sleep I pulled back the sheets to inspect the beds and noticed blood stains on the WHITE linens. The rear of the pillows also were stained. After paying what I paid for 4 nights I expected a little bit more. I didn't want to deal with housekeepers in the room at three in the morning so I called down to request extra blankets to place on top of the bed sheets. The next day I didn't even receive housekeeping which I had left a note to explain the situation and had to have the HK come in at 2am to take care of.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for my birthday weekend in February of 2014. Its a nice hotel in a very good location. It does need a few updates though. Also, valet parking is a bit expensive, however, you may be able to find free on-street parking on the next block up.The staff was friendly. And the wifi was good. My only complaint is the shower. The one in our room only turned on halfway, so its as if you are taking a shower and a bath at the same time. It was like showering in a puddle in the rain, but its drizzling. We expressed this to the hotel staff and they were very apologetic and assured us that they will have maintenance take a look at it and fix it. The large mirror in the room was my favorite!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Riverview, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We checked in this past Thursday. Hillary checked us in and we mentioned it was our Anniversary that day. We dropped off our bags at our room and headed out to see some of the memorials. After a tiring walk we returned to our room. On the desk was a bottle of wine, two desserts and a wonderful card to celebrate our Anniversary. It was a wonderful gesture and showed the level of the service this hotel offers. It will be our only option for our stay when we return.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, A Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words, and for providing feedback on your recent stay. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay, and your anniversary. It is wonderful to hear you were able to go out and enjoy some of the attractions in the area, and then come back to relax and enjoy your evening. I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed the desserts, wine, and card; and the service we provided. It’s wonderful to hear that you’d choose us again on your next visit to Capitol Hill, and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Allie H. –A Guest Relations Associate
Tel Aviv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Friendly staff, in need for serious renovation.
Hotel is centrally located. Nice gym with flexible hours
Rooms are big and clean, but need serious touch up.
Hotel itself requires renovation.
Staff including all is extremely friendly

Room Tip: Not infront of the street
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill? Share your experiences!