I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency many times on business. The location can't be beat; it is in the heart of Capital Hill and is within walking distance of the Capital and the House and Senate offices. I was in town for a Conference, held at the Hyatt, and meetings with our Members of Congress.
Every time I have stayed here it has been a pleasant experience. Check-in is quick and courteous. All the staff are friendly and efficient. I was pleasantly surprised that we had free internet on this visit! Also, they have upgraded their room keys. No longer do you insert the key card into the door. Now you just swipe the card across a reader on the door; neat!
The rooms are nice with good bedding. We didn't have a good view this time but we have in the past; no big deal. One small problem in our room was that the shower head was leaking and I used all the tea bags and I had to leave a note to get more.
We had a meeting in the Thorton Room on the top floor. It is very nice with a good view. It used to be a better view before they built the building next door.
There is an indoor pool and work out room located on the 2nd floor. There is a nice restaurant called Article One located in the lobby along with a comfortable seating area with long tall tables and cozy stuffed chairs. My husband and I sat down for a drink and a server was there immediately, took our order and brought us some nice chips and dip. The only problem was that our server disappeared and I had to ask for her. However, she promptly appeared with our tab. There is a very nice breakfast buffet located here as well.
One odd thing about this hotel is that the stairs are not accessible from the ground floor. We stayed on the 2nd floor and I often like to use the stairs for exercise and it saves time on waiting for an elevator when a conference session lets out and everyone makes a bad dash for the elevators. On this visit, a couple of the escalators to the bottom floor were out, one of them was open and at least one could walk down the steps. The other one was blocked. This caused a bottleneck when our general sessions ended and everyone tried to get to the upper level. I observed people working on them but they were not completely repaired by the time we left (5 days later).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying a full city block in the heart of Capitol Hill, 2 blocks from the U.S. Capitol and Union Station;walking distance to national and cultural attractions, restaurants and theaters. The hotel features a contemporary atrium lobby, restaurant and lounge - Article One-American Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Amex, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Washington On Capitol Hill Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Washington Dc