I was a little worried when I read some recent reviews, but this hotel is perfectly fine. It is exactly what one expects from a Kimpton Hotel. Breakfast was decent and served quickly.
A couple of things which must be mentioned:
1) The nearest metro station (Dupont Circle) is a good 10 to 15 minute walk. If you enjoy walking in DC, this should not be a problem.
2) The area immediately around the hotel is fairly residential, therefore you will need to walk to find a restaurant. Not a big deal since there are so many great options in DC.
- Also Known As:
- Kimpton Washington Dc
- Hotel Helix
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Helix is a swanky boutique hotel fashionably located in Washington DC's downtown Logan Circle neighborhood. Fun, hip and smart, this Kimpton Hotel delights the moment you walk through its doors. The bright colors and ultra-mod style are matched by luxurious, sparkling service and careful attention to detail. Hotel Helix, complete with the adjacent Helix Lounge, is a glamorous base for exploring the nearby White House, Washington Monument, Smithsonian Museums and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Expedia, Otel, Venere, Amex, Olotels, Agoda, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Helix, a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.