The service upon check-in was really bad, they did not know what they were doing. I called before i checked in to make sure my accompany would be able to check in with out me and they said "yes no problem as long as they have the white card at check in". My accompany Janet Romero arrived with the employee card late around 11 pm tired and ready to get some rest but they would not check her in because I wasn't present. I called and spoke to the guest service representative as Janet was checking in and was denied the employee rate with out my presets he told me he would have to change the rate to the $89 rate. I then asked to speak to a Manager and was able to speak to a Stephanie Hunter,she informed me that they would not be able to check in my accompany with out my presets I explained to her that i was in NY and wasn't coming back until next week. Stephanie didn't seem to care at all she told me they would have to pay full amount which was $102 a night after the other employee told me it would be $89 a night. That is so unprofessional and very upsetting! after speaking to the manger for 20 min she started questioning me if i was even an employee at a Holiday Inn which was really stupid and unprofessional of her! At that point I had enough with her! I spoke again GSR and he told me he would give me the $89 rate until i showed up. I had to drive back the next morning all the from NY just to be present and get the employee rate. That next morning there wasn't any water and were given water bottles to shower with how disturbing that was for my guest! When i got there to show my presents i noticed our heat wasn't working. The engineering guys was so friendly and awesome, he fixed our heat but after 5 min it didn't work again. I called the front desk and the GSR on duty was very rude! I explained to her that i was trying to get in shower and needed to know if we had to move rooms or not she told me ' I don't know I will have to call you back". That for me isn't good costumer service! we finally moved rooms and they did not seem to car nor did they apologize for the disturbance. When we got into the elevator it looked liked housekeeping storage room i took pictures and will be sending them in as well. I've stayed at many IHG hotel properties and this has been the worst service! Coming from someone who works at a hotel dealing with costumer services on daily bases I was really upset on how this staff delivers costumer service and i check out i wasn't asked how my stay was and I must say Stephanie Hunter doesn't deserve the manager position she really needs to take costumer service classes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol. We offer the ideal location for business and leisure travelers coming to Washington, DC. We are conveniently located one block fromSmithsonian s National Air & Space Museum. Walk to major Washington area attractions including the United States Capitol Building, Smithsonian Museums, White House, Washington Monument, World War II Memorial and the Holocaust Museum. This Washington, DC hotel is within reach of DoEd, DOE, DHHS, FAA, FEMA, HUD, NASA, USDA, and USITC. Stay connected with our complimentary high-speed Internet access in all guest rooms and 24-hour business center. Maintain your exercise regimen in our 24-hour, state-of-the-art aerobic fitness center. All hotel rooms are equipped with refrigerators. Our superb location, friendly and experienced staff, makes the Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol the best choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Enjoy a hearty breakfast at our new Capitol Bistro, where Kids Eat Free, grab a quick meal at the Shuttle Deli Express, or coffee from our full service Starbucks. Unwind in the modern, comfortable surroundings of the 21st Amendment Bar & Grill or take a relaxing swim in our seasonal rooftop pool overlooking the US Capitol. Make the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol your first hotel choice when traveling to Washington, DC! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and BookIt.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Capitol