If you recall Holiday Inns as a kinda ok place for families, you will be surprised. If you have had lots of experience with ok, but not especially friendly front desk staff, you will be surprised. This is a well managed, attractive hotel that has a great location for several parts of DC, whether business or travel. As others have noted, it is quite close to the metro - but ask which entrance to come out of the METRO - depending on which exit you choose you, could be a 5 minute walk, or a 10-12 minute walk. I think 7th and D or 7th & Maryland is the closest, but check. (I forgot)
Unfortunately I forgot tooth brush, tooth paste, razor and shaving cream. Front desk staff immediately provided me with free replacement. Problem with tv? They dealt with hit.
This place is across the street from US Dept of Education (where I had meetings) and 2 blocks from Smithsonian Air & Space Museum.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol Hotel
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Washington Capitol
- Holiday Inn Capitol
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol. We offer the ideal location for business and leisure travelers coming to Washington, DC. We are conveniently located one block fromSmithsonian s National Air & Space Museum. Walk to major Washington area attractions including the United States Capitol Building, Smithsonian Museums, White House, Washington Monument, World War II Memorial and the Holocaust Museum. This Washington, DC hotel is within reach of DoEd, DOE, DHHS, FAA, FEMA, HUD, NASA, USDA, and USITC. Stay connected with our complimentary high-speed Internet access in all guest rooms and 24-hour business center. Maintain your exercise regimen in our 24-hour, state-of-the-art aerobic fitness center. All hotel rooms are equipped with refrigerators. Our superb location, friendly and experienced staff, makes the Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol the best choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Enjoy a hearty breakfast at our new Capitol Bistro, where Kids Eat Free, grab a quick meal at the Shuttle Deli Express, or coffee from our full service Starbucks. Unwind in the modern, comfortable surroundings of the 21st Amendment Bar & Grill or take a relaxing swim in our seasonal rooftop pool overlooking the US Capitol. Make the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol your first hotel choice when traveling to Washington, DC! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.