I would say for a family looking for a great place to stay that is clean and affordable, this would be the place from my experience with DC. My only problem is if you want to visit all the fine restaurants, this place is way out of the way. However, if you are visiting Capitol Hill (which we were) it is the best location. The rooms were clean, the bed was better than my bed at The Willard later in the week. They have mini fridges in the room for your own items! I love that! I stay at a lot of upscale hotels and it irritates me that they fill it with THEIR overpriced items and leave no room for anything I might have! LOL I think & heard that the neighborhood is a little dicey at night so take a cab if you go out. There is a CVS almost right next door for convenience items - no wine and beer sold there. The hotel niteclub was VERY crowded on Wednesday night and it was obvious white women were not welcome to enter to even buy a drink and walk out. OVERALL, though, a great value. They have a lovely courtyard and lobby, and a quick breakfast/Starbuck's buffet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol. We offer the ideal location for business and leisure travelers coming to Washington, DC. We are conveniently located one block fromSmithsonian s National Air & Space Museum. Walk to major Washington area attractions including the United States Capitol Building, Smithsonian Museums, White House, Washington Monument, World War II Memorial and the Holocaust Museum. This Washington, DC hotel is within reach of DoEd, DOE, DHHS, FAA, FEMA, HUD, NASA, USDA, and USITC. Stay connected with our complimentary high-speed Internet access in all guest rooms and 24-hour business center. Maintain your exercise regimen in our 24-hour, state-of-the-art aerobic fitness center. All hotel rooms are equipped with refrigerators. Our superb location, friendly and experienced staff, makes the Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol the best choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Enjoy a hearty breakfast at our new Capitol Bistro, where Kids Eat Free, grab a quick meal at the Shuttle Deli Express, or coffee from our full service Starbucks. Unwind in the modern, comfortable surroundings of the 21st Amendment Bar & Grill or take a relaxing swim in our seasonal rooftop pool overlooking the US Capitol. Make the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol your first hotel choice when traveling to Washington, DC! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and BookIt.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Capitol