We just returned from a week's vacation in DC and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the HI - DC Central. The staff catered to our every need. We asked for a roll-away on our reservation but they didn't have one when we checked in. Somehow they came up with one for us. We were upgraded to a King Suite so we had plenty of room. It was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The pool felt great after a hot day in DC and the roof top view was also neat. The hotel is centrally located b/w 3 or 4 metro locations (about 4 blocks). You can easily navigate to all the DC attractions without a car and if you need to take a taxi its around $10-$15 to get to most of the places of interest. We walked from the WWII Memorial back to the hotel one night and it was about 1 mile. Personally I like the area. There is a Whole Foods, CVS, 7-11 and a number of great restaurants around the corner. We ate several times at the hotel restaurant and their breakfast buffet was great. The management and staff at this hotel are probably the best of any IHG hotel I've ever stayed at, for that matter any hotel I've stayed at. They really want you to leave happy. They made our vacation very enjoyable. We will definitely stay here next time we return to the City. Thank you to Barbie and everyone at the HI DC Central for a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House is conveniently located on the corner of 15th St and Rhode Island Ave, 6 blocks from the White House. The hotel is within walking distance of 2 Metro stations, within 1 mile of Amtrak, and 4 miles from Reagan National Airport and the Pentagon. The Holiday Inn Washington offers free high speed Internet and fitness center.The Holiday Inn is minutes from Washington DC area attractions, including the Smithsonian museums, Library of Congress, National Zoo, MCI Center, Washington Monument, US Capitol, Washington DC Convention Center, and Washington National Cathedral.As a proud recipient of the Quality Excellence Award for guest satisfaction and impeccable service, the Holiday Inn Central combines the elegance of mahogany with the sophistication of rich Italian marble. Dine at Avenue Cafe(C), our full-service restaurant that specializes in American cuisine and where Kids Eat Free! Enjoy a specialty drink in the lounge, or go to our rooftop to swim in the outdoor pool or delight in a panoramic view of the city.We offer flexible meeting space ideal for business and social events. The Holiday Inn in Washington, DC has a gift shop, game room, underground parking, and self-laundry facilities. We invite you enjoy our stylish comfort, convenience and excellent hotel service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Central / White House Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn