My family just returned home from a week long trip in D.C. We arrived at the hotel and the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean- not the greatest view, but we didn't care as we didn't spend much time in the actual room. The hotel is very convenient and an easy walk or metro ride to any of the sights in D.C. I was MOSTLY concerned about feeling safe in the city and walking back to our hotel at night, as we have 2 children. I felt 100% safe, and the hotel is in a very safe neighborhood. 2 days before check-out, I asked if it would be possible to extend our stay by one night. The woman at the desk checked and there was not availability. I could tell she saw my disappointment, and told me not to worry about it- that she would figure it out. I feel like all of the staff at this hotel go above and beyond to make sure your experience at the hotel and in the city is a great one! The ONLY reason that I couldn't give it a '5' rating is because all the reviews that say the wifi is terrible? It is. I had some work to get done one evening and the connection is REALLY slow. If they could improve upon this, i would not hesitate to rate it higher. I would stay in this hotel again.....!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House is conveniently located on the corner of 15th St and Rhode Island Ave, 6 blocks from the White House. The hotel is within walking distance of 2 Metro stations, within 1 mile of Amtrak, and 4 miles from Reagan National Airport and the Pentagon. The Holiday Inn Washington offers free high speed Internet and fitness center.The Holiday Inn is minutes from Washington DC area attractions, including the Smithsonian museums, Library of Congress, National Zoo, MCI Center, Washington Monument, US Capitol, Washington DC Convention Center, and Washington National Cathedral.As a proud recipient of the Quality Excellence Award for guest satisfaction and impeccable service, the Holiday Inn Central combines the elegance of mahogany with the sophistication of rich Italian marble. Dine at Avenue CafA(C), our full-service restaurant that specializes in American cuisine and where Kids Eat Free! Enjoy a specialty drink in the lounge, or go to our rooftop to swim in the outdoor pool or delight in a panoramic view of the city.We offer flexible meeting space ideal for business and social events. The Holiday Inn in Washington, DC has a gift shop, game room, underground parking, and self-laundry facilities. We invite you enjoy our stylish comfort, convenience and excellent hotel service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Central / White House Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn