We just returned from a 4 night stay and had a great time! The hotel is older but in good condition. It could use some updates especially ventilation in the elevators and the pool area could be improved but the lobby and rooms were great.
We had a room with two doubles on the 8th floor for 2 adults/2 kids a little small but we were t in the room much anyways. The beds were comfortable and AC worked great which was well appreciated after long days sightseeing in the heat and humidity.
We only had 1 breakfast at the hotel and it was good but a little spendy. Thanks to the previous reviews that had the tip for Whole Foods, we frequented the store often! Huge variety and the prepared food bars and deli were open until 10p. Our other favorite was the Shake Shack near DuPont Circle, best quick serve burgers I've ever had!! We ate there 3 times it was so good and the shakes were awesome too!
The hotel has a great location for accessing the metro, the big red bus or the trolley tours. It seemed a little further than 6 blocks to the White House but is walkable.
Overall we had a great stay and I would recommend this hotel to others looking for a clean, affordable hotel in a good location in DC
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Central / White House Hotel
- Holiday Inn Washington - Central / White House Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House is conveniently located on the corner of 15th St and Rhode Island Ave, 6 blocks from the White House. The hotel is within walking distance of 2 Metro stations, within 1 mile of Amtrak, and 4 miles from Reagan National Airport and the Pentagon. The Holiday Inn Washington offers free high speed Internet and fitness center.The Holiday Inn is minutes from Washington DC area attractions, including the Smithsonian museums, Library of Congress, National Zoo, MCI Center, Washington Monument, US Capitol, Washington DC Convention Center, and Washington National Cathedral.As a proud recipient of the Quality Excellence Award for guest satisfaction and impeccable service, the Holiday Inn Central combines the elegance of mahogany with the sophistication of rich Italian marble. Dine at Avenue CafA(C), our full-service restaurant that specializes in American cuisine and where Kids Eat Free! Enjoy a specialty drink in the lounge, or go to our rooftop to swim in the outdoor pool or delight in a panoramic view of the city.We offer flexible meeting space ideal for business and social events. The Holiday Inn in Washington, DC has a gift shop, game room, underground parking, and self-laundry facilities. We invite you enjoy our stylish comfort, convenience and excellent hotel service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline, Otel, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington - Central / White House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.