I was with a group so had to stay at this hotel for a few days because that is where my group was. At first I was concerned that it would be depressing but it wasn't at all. The room was very clean and had everything that I needed. The internet was a little flaky but I managed to work with it anyway. Since I was alone I had plenty of room for my things. The bathroom had a nice big counter to spread out all my make-up, etc. In addition there was another sink outside the bathroom. There was a desk and a sofa with a coffee table. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were nice. I don't think there was any movies on the t.v. but I could be wrong about that. I didn't have room service but I did eat at least three times in the dining room. The service was extremely friendly even though not always super fast. One night I ordered fish and it had crab in it and that was not what I ordered since I am allergic to shell fish. They apologized many times and the chef cooked me the order that I had wanted in the first place. The only thing was that I did have to ask the restaurant manager about it since the waiter kept insisting that it didn't have any crab. He finally went back and asked the chef who admitted that he had made a mistake. If you are on a budget this is a good hotel - I saw lots of Brits here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House is conveniently located on the corner of 15th St and Rhode Island Ave, 6 blocks from the White House. The hotel is within walking distance of 2 Metro stations, within 1 mile of Amtrak, and 4 miles from Reagan National Airport and the Pentagon. The Holiday Inn Washington offers free high speed Internet and fitness center.The Holiday Inn is minutes from Washington DC area attractions, including the Smithsonian museums, Library of Congress, National Zoo, MCI Center, Washington Monument, US Capitol, Washington DC Convention Center, and Washington National Cathedral.As a proud recipient of the Quality Excellence Award for guest satisfaction and impeccable service, the Holiday Inn Central combines the elegance of mahogany with the sophistication of rich Italian marble. Dine at Avenue Cafe(C), our full-service restaurant that specializes in American cuisine and where Kids Eat Free! Enjoy a specialty drink in the lounge, or go to our rooftop to swim in the outdoor pool or delight in a panoramic view of the city.We offer flexible meeting space ideal for business and social events. The Holiday Inn in Washington, DC has a gift shop, game room, underground parking, and self-laundry facilities. We invite you enjoy our stylish comfort, convenience and excellent hotel service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Central / White House Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn