I kept looking for hotels in the DC area at a decent price for parking. I found this hotel and it was a good stay for us. Parking was $31.50 per day, which is still on the expensive side, but better then other prices I found. When we pulled into the front drive, the valet wasn't too friendly. He saw that we were getting stuff out of the car but he didn't bother to ask us if we needed help or anything. I worked at an InterContinental before and I know that the valet person gives the first impression to the guest about the hotel and I didn't get a good feel about the hotel. I let it go and then went to check in. My husband went to park the car, which was in a garage under the hotel. I got us checked in, and the front desk agent was nice. I asked about the transportation system and he was very helpful. We went to the room and it was very clean. Now I inspect rooms when I go to hotels. After working in a hotel, I know the standards! The bed was comfortable and the pillows were great! The view wasn't too bad, we were on the 3rd floor. It was in a good location compared to the downtown and all the sightseeing places. I am a PC member, and I was recognized as one at check in and I was also given a voucher/coupon for $10 off any meal in the restaurant or a complimentary drink. We weren't able to utilize it since we were always gone. It was a good gesture! I appreciate hotels that give attention to their club members. I would certainly come back and stay! Just please make sure the valet staff does their job up to the standards of IHG! Thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House is conveniently located on the corner of 15th St and Rhode Island Ave, 6 blocks from the White House. The hotel is within walking distance of 2 Metro stations, within 1 mile of Amtrak, and 4 miles from Reagan National Airport and the Pentagon. The Holiday Inn Washington offers free high speed Internet and fitness center.The Holiday Inn is minutes from Washington DC area attractions, including the Smithsonian museums, Library of Congress, National Zoo, MCI Center, Washington Monument, US Capitol, Washington DC Convention Center, and Washington National Cathedral.As a proud recipient of the Quality Excellence Award for guest satisfaction and impeccable service, the Holiday Inn Central combines the elegance of mahogany with the sophistication of rich Italian marble. Dine at Avenue CafA(C), our full-service restaurant that specializes in American cuisine and where Kids Eat Free! Enjoy a specialty drink in the lounge, or go to our rooftop to swim in the outdoor pool or delight in a panoramic view of the city.We offer flexible meeting space ideal for business and social events. The Holiday Inn in Washington, DC has a gift shop, game room, underground parking, and self-laundry facilities. We invite you enjoy our stylish comfort, convenience and excellent hotel service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Central / White House Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn