We recently spent 4 nights in the Central White House Holiday Inn in Washington DC and had a very good time.
From the moment we walked through the hotel doors for the first time the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and the same was so in the hotels dining room as well.
We were on a sightseeing trip to DC and the hotel's location was great. We were in easy walking distance of local restaurants and convenience stores and when we felt energetic we could walk to the White House in 15-ish minutes, Capitol Hill in 20 minutes and numerous other memorials, sights, subway stations and downtown restaurants in a similar time.
For our time and the season we were in DC the hotel and our room were good but I wouldn't have wanted to be in the hotel in the summer needing air conditioning. Our room had A/C but it was one old fashioned style unit / room, the noisy type of unit that gives you the option of having it on and not being able to sleep because of the noise or having it off and not being able to sleep because of the heat.
The hotel offers WIFI but to get a reasonable signal you need to be in the reception area. Wifi in our room was very hit or miss, sometimes it worked and sometimes not. In the ground floor dining area it was normally impossible to pick up a signal so overall the internet facility was poor.
All things considered I would return to the hotel but not in the heat of the summer and not if I needed guaranteed WIFI access
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House is conveniently located on the corner of 15th St and Rhode Island Ave, 6 blocks from the White House. The hotel is within walking distance of 2 Metro stations, within 1 mile of Amtrak, and 4 miles from Reagan National Airport and the Pentagon. The Holiday Inn Washington offers free high speed Internet and fitness center.The Holiday Inn is minutes from Washington DC area attractions, including the Smithsonian museums, Library of Congress, National Zoo, MCI Center, Washington Monument, US Capitol, Washington DC Convention Center, and Washington National Cathedral.As a proud recipient of the Quality Excellence Award for guest satisfaction and impeccable service, the Holiday Inn Central combines the elegance of mahogany with the sophistication of rich Italian marble. Dine at Avenue CafA(C), our full-service restaurant that specializes in American cuisine and where Kids Eat Free! Enjoy a specialty drink in the lounge, or go to our rooftop to swim in the outdoor pool or delight in a panoramic view of the city.We offer flexible meeting space ideal for business and social events. The Holiday Inn in Washington, DC has a gift shop, game room, underground parking, and self-laundry facilities. We invite you enjoy our stylish comfort, convenience and excellent hotel service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Central / White House Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn