“Better than expected” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House

You added Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1501 Rhode Island Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30% this Summer
Ranked #89 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
VA
“Better than expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I will have to admit, first I was a little skeptical about how my stay was going to be at this property after reading some of the reviews, just prior to my stay here. To late to cancel I had to just find out for myself which I'm glad I did. It was great location wise. The one thing I will say is the elevator was a little slow. and you needed your key to access it. felt great for security but I was in town visiting family so when they came to visit me it was a little hassle to get them up but it wasn't a major problem. Front desk team could have been a little more welcoming but they got the job done overall not a bad choice if you need a hotel downtown.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Wausau, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This was our second visit to this property and we found it to be excellent, with very reasonable rates for Washington DC. For Priority Club members with status, we need to tell you that we are two for two on substantial room upgrades and on both occasions, the hotel was sold out. We liked the breakfast in the restaurant and the service was excellent on all counts, in every department. Rooms are clean and spacious. It is a bit of a march to the nearest Metro stations and about a wash between Dupont Circle and McPherson Square, but not a bad walk in decent weather. There are two computers available for guest use in the front desk area. Both are very slow and we advise you to bring your own laptop or ipad if that's important to you. But we highly recommend the hotel and the embassy neighborhood in which it is located.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is convenient for both business travelers and tourist. Easy walk to Dupont Circle for restaurants. Others within few blocks. Whole foods within few blocks. My room was on odd side of hall and was quiet. Even faces streets. Only drawback I saw was although the wifi was free, it was lousy.Didn't matter where in hotel-between coworkers, we were on 2,4, 8 and we tried the lobby. Not too great for those of us here on business. My room and bathroom was very clean and comfortable. Other than wifi, great stay.

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was the most expensive place we stayed, 6 adults from New Zealand road tripping from New Jersey to Florida, it was worth the extra money to be only 10 to 15 mins walk from the White House. We left our car at the hotel and walked most places. Were only in DC for 1 night so location helped allot to maximize what we could see. A number 54 bus will get you back from the air and space museum to within 1 block of hotel... Pretty handy. Check in was easy, staff were great, food in restaurant was pretty good, no hesitation in recommending

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bloomfield, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was to be a quick turnaround trip: 1 night in DC for a business function so I wasn't too picky about where I stayed. I choose the Holiday Inn because it was close the function. I'm traveling with a cane because of recent foot surgery. I was quite surprised when, as the taxi pulled in, a friendly man was immediately aside my taxi to assist me. He brought me and my overnight bag to the front desk. There, Shannon, welcomed me and checked me into room 823. She was most helpful and the most polite person I have ever dealt with in hospitality. Shannon called me by name, welcomed me as a Priority Member and answered all questions promptly. Mohammed, who had helped from the taxi, assisted me directly to my room showing me the coffee lounge area, etc. along the way. The room was comfortable, clean and everything was in working order. I was most please with a big desk on which to work (and with the free wi-fi). Since I had a few hours to waste, I brought my mint tea bags and a book back downstairs to enjoy the lounge. If first impressions are what count the most, The Holiday inn Central/White House has no worries. These employees are the face of the hotel and, even possibly, the chain. They represent you well! I had a most pleasant stay, will tell others and will return when I have need for accommodations in the DC area. Thank you!

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed in this Hotel during Hurricane Sandy, and i can't praise the staff enough for the help they gave me during my stay. They tried tirelessly to get a taxi for me during the storm; they extended my checkout time as i couldn't reach my destination on account of road conditions (the exact phrase i was given was "take as long as you need"), and they gave me a discount for an extra nights stay. They bent over backwards for me and i can't thank them enough! About the hotel itself, my room was clean, spacious, and quite (the top floor). It's about a ten minute walk to the National Mall, There's a 24hr gym and a swimming pool on the roof during summer months. Would highly recommend and will stay again if i ever find myself in Washington DC.

• Stayed October 2012
Bear, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I can't say anything but great things about my experience with this hotel. I had originally booked with Sheraton Pentagon City back in March for the Marine Corps Marathon(october)a few weekends ago. I had gotten a call from that hotel saying that they did not have a room for me(despite pre paying and over 6 months prior) due to rennovations. They wanted to move from within walking distance to the starting line, to 30 minutes away. All this 3 weeks prior to my race.

My parents who fortunately booked later then me were unable to get into that hotel and ended up finding a room in the Holiday Inn. Was a great thing that they did. We were able to get a room as well. Not only did I find that it was a short walk to the metro(which took me to the starting area near the pentagon), but it was within walking distance of alot of the sites, restaurants and other attractions.

The front desk staff was very friendly, infact, they told my dad that we should sign up for the priority club. This gave us a later checkout(2pm) and also a 10 voucher for their restaurant. The wait staff was very friendly and joked around with my family. We had a minor issue with our TV and after calling the front desk, a person was at our door within 5 minutes and fixed the problem quickly. They also brought up a mini fridge so that we could store our dinner from the night before. But this is not were the customer service stopped. When I finished the marathon, I realized that there was no way that I was going to make it back intime for the later 2pm check out. The front desk told us that we could take our time and just to get back when I could and to grab a shower etc.

Hands down one of the most impressive stays that I have ever had at a hotel. I would highly recommend this location for anyone that is down in DC. It has parking located under the building(secured), alot of restaurant options within walking distance and is a short walk to the metro station allowing for ease of touring the sites! Only small negative, was we could hear all the commotion down on the street(ambulances,motocycle etc). But like I said...very small negative. Hotels have their noise.

Whenever I come back to DC, Holiday Inn Central/Whitehouse will be a top my list!!! Thanks for making a bad situation from the Sheraton Pentagon City, into a totally positive one!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family