“Top notch customer service...Fantastic location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1501 Rhode Island Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #91 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Bear, Delaware
“Top notch customer service...Fantastic location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I can't say anything but great things about my experience with this hotel. I had originally booked with Sheraton Pentagon City back in March for the Marine Corps Marathon(october)a few weekends ago. I had gotten a call from that hotel saying that they did not have a room for me(despite pre paying and over 6 months prior) due to rennovations. They wanted to move from within walking distance to the starting line, to 30 minutes away. All this 3 weeks prior to my race.

My parents who fortunately booked later then me were unable to get into that hotel and ended up finding a room in the Holiday Inn. Was a great thing that they did. We were able to get a room as well. Not only did I find that it was a short walk to the metro(which took me to the starting area near the pentagon), but it was within walking distance of alot of the sites, restaurants and other attractions.

The front desk staff was very friendly, infact, they told my dad that we should sign up for the priority club. This gave us a later checkout(2pm) and also a 10 voucher for their restaurant. The wait staff was very friendly and joked around with my family. We had a minor issue with our TV and after calling the front desk, a person was at our door within 5 minutes and fixed the problem quickly. They also brought up a mini fridge so that we could store our dinner from the night before. But this is not were the customer service stopped. When I finished the marathon, I realized that there was no way that I was going to make it back intime for the later 2pm check out. The front desk told us that we could take our time and just to get back when I could and to grab a shower etc.

Hands down one of the most impressive stays that I have ever had at a hotel. I would highly recommend this location for anyone that is down in DC. It has parking located under the building(secured), alot of restaurant options within walking distance and is a short walk to the metro station allowing for ease of touring the sites! Only small negative, was we could hear all the commotion down on the street(ambulances,motocycle etc). But like I said...very small negative. Hotels have their noise.

Whenever I come back to DC, Holiday Inn Central/Whitehouse will be a top my list!!! Thanks for making a bad situation from the Sheraton Pentagon City, into a totally positive one!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

531 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Minutes by walking to the White House area and metro, big rooms with comfy , large beds. Trouble free check in check out.

Airco quite noise, but i did not have to use it. Internet was free, however not working well, guess it is the internet itself, not the wifi, as both wifi in my room as well as the computer in the lobby were veeeery slow and loosing connection.

No plug adapter available for European sockets.

For some reason extremely expensive for the date I booked - 190 USD, so booked by Priority points.

Good recognition for Priority Club members - got a voucher for 10 USD to be deducted from my dinner ( e.g. main courses were listed between 10-20 USD).

Recommended overall.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Very pleased with the price, location, standard and service of this hotel. Only gripe would be that the free wifi really didn't work in our 7th floor room. Would definitely recommend this hotel for a stay in DC.

As an aside, my friend and I were at this hotel just before the hurricane swept the east coast and had to change our travel plans while we were staying. We ended up in the lobby at 3am rebooking hotels and buses and were delighted by the service of Jon who was on duty at the time. He was super helpful and really helped eased this stressful situation. He is a credit to the hotel :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Perh Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

only 10 minute walk from the 'good stuff' to see. hotel was clean, the service good, the help also good. the weather wasn't great (too hot) but that wasn't the hotel's fault. we liked the location (wife, me and 4 adult 'kids'). we weren't in washington long - so don't know if we missed out on anything. Hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cebu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

well, stayed there 1 week to attend a convention a the Washington Center, a few blocks away, maybe a 10 minute walk...

Rooms were okay, nothing fancy, nice big telly with lots of channels, Free wifi was a bonus

Staff generally excellent, i would say i would stay in this hotel again

a problem with my credit card though, since the room i stayed had already been pre-paid in full, the front desk staff charged me again for my stay, although ive been told they will reimburse me, its still a hassle

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Used for a 3 day stay in DC.

Check-in hassle, friendly professional reception staff.

Clean, well appointed rooms. Spotlessly clean bathroom.

Breakfast room, buffet on offer, good breakfast options, attentive staff, a great plus!

Location? Easily found by taxi drivers, a 10 (?) minute walk to nearest DC metro stop.

Neighborhood? Safe, not too noisy, despite constant front door traffic.

Positives? Professional staff, clean rooms

Negatives? Infuriatingly annoying hotel wifi. Patchy. Inconsistent (but complimentary!), no mini-bar-fridge.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Pros:
* Friendly & responsive staff
* Decent accommodations

Neither pro nor con:
* Neighborhood seems transitional. If you head towards P, there's a Whole Foods and a few restaurants but preferred to dine closer to downtown.

Cons:
* Noisy - outside and inside, late night. Stayed on the second floor, so perhaps it's quieter higher up?
* Parking - vehicles over 6'5" won't clear garage and their alternative is courteous but not convenient
* Nearest metro stop is at least a 15 minute walk. Doesn't seem far but after a day of museum tours, it's far! Walking downtown takes about 20-30 minutes

In the future I would prefer to pay more and stay either closer to downtown or in a hotel that makes me feel more comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House? Share your experiences!