I can't say anything but great things about my experience with this hotel. I had originally booked with Sheraton Pentagon City back in March for the Marine Corps Marathon(october)a few weekends ago. I had gotten a call from that hotel saying that they did not have a room for me(despite pre paying and over 6 months prior) due to rennovations. They wanted to move from within walking distance to the starting line, to 30 minutes away. All this 3 weeks prior to my race.
My parents who fortunately booked later then me were unable to get into that hotel and ended up finding a room in the Holiday Inn. Was a great thing that they did. We were able to get a room as well. Not only did I find that it was a short walk to the metro(which took me to the starting area near the pentagon), but it was within walking distance of alot of the sites, restaurants and other attractions.
The front desk staff was very friendly, infact, they told my dad that we should sign up for the priority club. This gave us a later checkout(2pm) and also a 10 voucher for their restaurant. The wait staff was very friendly and joked around with my family. We had a minor issue with our TV and after calling the front desk, a person was at our door within 5 minutes and fixed the problem quickly. They also brought up a mini fridge so that we could store our dinner from the night before. But this is not were the customer service stopped. When I finished the marathon, I realized that there was no way that I was going to make it back intime for the later 2pm check out. The front desk told us that we could take our time and just to get back when I could and to grab a shower etc.
Hands down one of the most impressive stays that I have ever had at a hotel. I would highly recommend this location for anyone that is down in DC. It has parking located under the building(secured), alot of restaurant options within walking distance and is a short walk to the metro station allowing for ease of touring the sites! Only small negative, was we could hear all the commotion down on the street(ambulances,motocycle etc). But like I said...very small negative. Hotels have their noise.
Whenever I come back to DC, Holiday Inn Central/Whitehouse will be a top my list!!! Thanks for making a bad situation from the Sheraton Pentagon City, into a totally positive one!!!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Central / White House Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington - Central / White House Hotel
- Holiday Inn Washington
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington-Central/White House is conveniently located on the corner of 15th St and Rhode Island Ave, 6 blocks from the White House. The hotel is within walking distance of 2 Metro stations, within 1 mile of Amtrak, and 4 miles from Reagan National Airport and the Pentagon. The Holiday Inn Washington offers free high speed Internet and fitness center.The Holiday Inn is minutes from Washington DC area attractions, including the Smithsonian museums, Library of Congress, National Zoo, MCI Center, Washington Monument, US Capitol, Washington DC Convention Center, and Washington National Cathedral.As a proud recipient of the Quality Excellence Award for guest satisfaction and impeccable service, the Holiday Inn Central combines the elegance of mahogany with the sophistication of rich Italian marble. Dine at Avenue CafÃ©, our full-service restaurant that specializes in American cuisine and where Kids Eat Free! Enjoy a specialty drink in the lounge, or go to our rooftop to swim in the outdoor pool or delight in a panoramic view of the city.We offer flexible meeting space ideal for business and social events. The Holiday Inn in Washington, DC has a gift shop, game room, underground parking, and self-laundry facilities. We invite you enjoy our stylish comfort, convenience and excellent hotel service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Olotels, Otel, Agoda, Hotwire, Venere, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington - Central / White House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.