This was our first trip to Washington and we stayed four nights at the Holiday Inn. When we arrived we were warmly greeted by the receptionist and given a room on the 9th (top) floor.
The room was extremely spacious and the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. I found all the staff to be very warm and friendly.
The hotel decor was a little old fashioned but everywhere was clean. There was a launderette area on the 3rd floor, which was free of charge, very handy for us Brits on holiday.
The hotel is situated on a busy road. We turned off the air con at night as it was noisy but you could still hear the humming of the corridor air con.
The nearest metro is at Dupont Circle, which is about a 15 minute walk.
I would definitely stay here again
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Central / White House Hotel
- Holiday Inn Washington - Central / White House Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington-Central/White House is conveniently located on the corner of 15th St and Rhode Island Ave, 6 blocks from the White House. The hotel is within walking distance of 2 Metro stations, within 1 mile of Amtrak, and 4 miles from Reagan National Airport and the Pentagon. The Holiday Inn Washington offers free high speed Internet and fitness center.The Holiday Inn is minutes from Washington DC area attractions, including the Smithsonian museums, Library of Congress, National Zoo, MCI Center, Washington Monument, US Capitol, Washington DC Convention Center, and Washington National Cathedral.As a proud recipient of the Quality Excellence Award for guest satisfaction and impeccable service, the Holiday Inn Central combines the elegance of mahogany with the sophistication of rich Italian marble. Dine at Avenue CafÃ©, our full-service restaurant that specializes in American cuisine and where Kids Eat Free! Enjoy a specialty drink in the lounge, or go to our rooftop to swim in the outdoor pool or delight in a panoramic view of the city.We offer flexible meeting space ideal for business and social events. The Holiday Inn in Washington, DC has a gift shop, game room, underground parking, and self-laundry facilities. We invite you enjoy our stylish comfort, convenience and excellent hotel service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington - Central / White House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.