My family stayed here Aug. 20 - 24th. We had a standard room which included a king size bed, a sleeper-sofa, a desk and chair, and a decent size (37" or 40") flat screen TV with cable (including HBO). The bathroom had a shower and bathtub, and there were two sinks/mirrors, one inside with the shower and one outside. There's a small fridge in the dresser, as well. The room didn't blow me away or anything, but it was clean, relatively quiet, and more than big enough for two adults and a child to share.
We stayed here mainly because it was the most affordable place that was still within a reasonable walking distance of a Metro station. From the Reagan National Airport we were able to take the Blue Line to MacPherson Square and then it was about a 5 block to our hotel (on the corner of 15th and Rhode Island Ave.).
From the hotel you're about a 1/2 mile North of the White House, or about 1 mile from the National Mall. It's a 20-30 minute walk. You're also about a 6 block walk (1/2 mile or so) from the Farragut North station where you can ride the Red Line up to National Zoo. There are literally dozens of restaurants within a couple of blocks, as well as a Whole Foods and a CVS.
I'd definitely consider staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House is conveniently located on the corner of 15th St and Rhode Island Ave, 6 blocks from the White House. The hotel is within walking distance of 2 Metro stations, within 1 mile of Amtrak, and 4 miles from Reagan National Airport and the Pentagon. The Holiday Inn Washington offers free high speed Internet and fitness center.The Holiday Inn is minutes from Washington DC area attractions, including the Smithsonian museums, Library of Congress, National Zoo, MCI Center, Washington Monument, US Capitol, Washington DC Convention Center, and Washington National Cathedral.As a proud recipient of the Quality Excellence Award for guest satisfaction and impeccable service, the Holiday Inn Central combines the elegance of mahogany with the sophistication of rich Italian marble. Dine at Avenue Cafe(C), our full-service restaurant that specializes in American cuisine and where Kids Eat Free! Enjoy a specialty drink in the lounge, or go to our rooftop to swim in the outdoor pool or delight in a panoramic view of the city.We offer flexible meeting space ideal for business and social events. The Holiday Inn in Washington, DC has a gift shop, game room, underground parking, and self-laundry facilities. We invite you enjoy our stylish comfort, convenience and excellent hotel service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Central / White House Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn