“Great Birthday Experience in DC” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #46 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
New York City, New York
“Great Birthday Experience in DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed in Georgetown as I have friends who live in DC who recommended it as it was a surprise for my daughter for her 10th Birthday. When I booked, I thought staying in historic Georgetown would be great to share with my little girl, but I got so much more from the trip. Due to the inclement weather, I arrived three hours late on Valentine's Day at Midnight and was greeted by a gracious host named Jacy at the front desk. It looked as if several other guests had experienced delays as well because we were all checking in at one time. However, with no hassle, Jacy, got me checked in and up to my room in about 20 minutes...with a smile. That was my first sign that we were in the right place. Throughout our stay, we were also greeted with a smile and a willingness to be helped by such a fabulous staff. When my family and I took our first day trip to the White House, our front desk consierge, Fashon, made a great suggestion to leave the car and take public transportation. That led to the next few days of touring Georgetown, Alexandria, Virginia and the National Mall in DC. Like Fashon, our front desk hosts, like Corinne, Karen and Maitre'd Jake were never to busy to give us assistance, directions or a friendly hello as we walked in and out any time of the day! Loved it! What's great at the hotel as well is that they have a restaurant downstairs. Though there are places to eat around town, finding one that is child-friendly and going out after 8 can be a challenge because it is after all a college town. John F's restaurant was superb...from the food to the staff to the calmness of the room at any time of the day, we really made it the place to be during our stay. Though my daughter and I tried different places like Georgetown Cupcakes- Yum!, I loved that they made us feel at home. For example, I went out with my daughter to eat at this restaurant the first night there and it was terrible. We came back to hotel to check to see if the restaurant was open and they had just stopped serving. However, one of the waitstaff named Martha was so amazing and after hearing our story, she spoke to the manager, Angel and the cook, Maria who immediately accommodated my family with a delicious hot meal and excellent service after a tough evening. Because of that experience and their courtesy, we had breakfast and dinner there after that during our stay because the service was so good, it felt like family. I can't, however, forget to mention the wonderful morning staff, Yeshi, Betty, and TJ. They served us every morning with a smile and we enjoyed pleasant though brief conversations that really started our day right each day. I can't say enough about my experience except to share that it turned out to be more than what I expected. What I thought would be an affordable place that was safe and clean to enjoy with my daughter over the weekend, became a great experience that helped us take in the life in DC and its people. You get to know a place by its community and at the Holiday Inn - Georgetown - it is really about family. They make it a place where everyone feels they belong no matter how long you're there. Thanks for the memories! I will return again soon!!!!

Room Tip: I thought the rooms facing the south side brought in good sunlight in the morning and it was great...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
LMims, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Washington - Georgetown, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Wow! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the Georgetown area as well as enjoyed your stay here inside the hotel. We highly appreciate you recognizing just about the whole Hotel staff as well. We will definently be sure to pass it on to everyone you mentioned. We know that you have many choices of other hotels to choose from, but whenever your in town come stay with us again!!! We appreciate your business!!!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Rennes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We spend a whole week at the Holiday Inn Georgetown and our stay was very enjoyable. The room was large enough, always clean and comfortable. We just heard a bit our neighbors through the door that was locked. There was a large choice for buffet for the continental breakfast. TG and Yeshi helped us for the breakfast and were really nice and friendly. Staff was nice. We recommend this hotel for a not expensice stay in Washington DC.

• Stayed February 2014
LMims, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Washington - Georgetown, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Mmanson35, Happy to hear that you were able to enjoy this hotel while away from home. We hope that you are able to come back again in the near future and stay with us again.!!! Please come again!!!
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

The room was very comfortable and clean. They have an amazing staff specially Betty who I meet in the breakfast time she was very helpful. The location was great with a lot of stores near. I will definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank You for writing a review online on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all guests feedback. We hope to see you again soon!!!!
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We had a wonderful weekend trip from Holland. the staff, especially Betty from the breakfast, was very nice and professional! thank you! We will come back, probably this summer and bring the rest of the family!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank You for choosing our hotel to visit, when we know you have many more other Hotels to choose from. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you are able to stay with us again!!!
Laurel, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We visited Washington DC to see some colleges with our son. This Holiday Inn is much nicer than the others we have stayed at. Nice walk to Georgetown restaurants and shops. Very close to Georgetown University. The breakfast was excellent - fresh omelets, fruits, juices, etc... Our waitress Betty was exceptional. She served us quickly and professionally, and she helped us with sandwiches for lunch during our drive from Georgetown to Johns Hopkins in Maryland (the college tour times prevented a sit down lunch). We will definitely stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: They have a deal that includes breakfast for two and parking. If you are visiting colleges, you can...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Walter Jacob, thank you for your online review. I am glad you were able to choose our hotel out of the other Holiday Inn locations that we have here in the Washington, DC area. We hope that you come back again to visit us. Thank You again!
Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Truly enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn. The location was perfect being that M street was a quick walk away. But it was the staff that made this hotel worth it. Especially TG of the the breakfast staff, really stood out with her smile and sweet personality. The rooms were average but its DC, who plans on being inside. I will definitely be heading back to this hotel soon.

• Stayed February 2014
Yani819, thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review for the Holiday Inn online. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay while visiting us here in the Georgetown area. We hope that you are able to visit us again!!!!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is a good hotel for short business stay.
The $ 35 per day parking fee seems to be a bit much for this location.
What they lack in amenities the make up for with great staff. Lisa who seems to be the guest relations manager is superb.
I will stay here again

Room Tip: Maybe to far from the convention center
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
David C, thank you for writing on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your business and will be sure to pass on the recognition to Ms. Lisa.

Been to Holiday Inn Washington - Georgetown? Share your experiences!