I stayed in Georgetown as I have friends who live in DC who recommended it as it was a surprise for my daughter for her 10th Birthday. When I booked, I thought staying in historic Georgetown would be great to share with my little girl, but I got so much more from the trip. Due to the inclement weather, I arrived three hours late on Valentine's Day at Midnight and was greeted by a gracious host named Jacy at the front desk. It looked as if several other guests had experienced delays as well because we were all checking in at one time. However, with no hassle, Jacy, got me checked in and up to my room in about 20 minutes...with a smile. That was my first sign that we were in the right place. Throughout our stay, we were also greeted with a smile and a willingness to be helped by such a fabulous staff. When my family and I took our first day trip to the White House, our front desk consierge, Fashon, made a great suggestion to leave the car and take public transportation. That led to the next few days of touring Georgetown, Alexandria, Virginia and the National Mall in DC. Like Fashon, our front desk hosts, like Corinne, Karen and Maitre'd Jake were never to busy to give us assistance, directions or a friendly hello as we walked in and out any time of the day! Loved it! What's great at the hotel as well is that they have a restaurant downstairs. Though there are places to eat around town, finding one that is child-friendly and going out after 8 can be a challenge because it is after all a college town. John F's restaurant was superb...from the food to the staff to the calmness of the room at any time of the day, we really made it the place to be during our stay. Though my daughter and I tried different places like Georgetown Cupcakes- Yum!, I loved that they made us feel at home. For example, I went out with my daughter to eat at this restaurant the first night there and it was terrible. We came back to hotel to check to see if the restaurant was open and they had just stopped serving. However, one of the waitstaff named Martha was so amazing and after hearing our story, she spoke to the manager, Angel and the cook, Maria who immediately accommodated my family with a delicious hot meal and excellent service after a tough evening. Because of that experience and their courtesy, we had breakfast and dinner there after that during our stay because the service was so good, it felt like family. I can't, however, forget to mention the wonderful morning staff, Yeshi, Betty, and TJ. They served us every morning with a smile and we enjoyed pleasant though brief conversations that really started our day right each day. I can't say enough about my experience except to share that it turned out to be more than what I expected. What I thought would be an affordable place that was safe and clean to enjoy with my daughter over the weekend, became a great experience that helped us take in the life in DC and its people. You get to know a place by its community and at the Holiday Inn - Georgetown - it is really about family. They make it a place where everyone feels they belong no matter how long you're there. Thanks for the memories! I will return again soon!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of historic Georgetown, the Holiday Inn Washington, DC -Georgetown is the perfect hotel for business and leisure travelers. The Holiday Inn Washington, DC-Georgetown hotel boasts an upscale traditional dÃ©cor and includes free high-speed Internet access throughout the hotel.Our centralized location is surrounded by fine restaurants and specialty boutiques. We offer free shuttle service with stops at Wisconsin and M Streets NW, Georgetown Medical Center, Georgetown University, Embassies, American University and Woodley Park Metro. Coupled with the nearby Red Line Metro, you will have easy access to all of Washington DC s area attractions, such as the White House, National Zoo, Smithsonian museums, and Washington Monument. The Circulator Bus Line stops at the hotel providing easy access to the National Mall, downtown and Union Stations for only $1.Stay productive in our 24-hour business center, maintain your exercise regimen in our state-of-the-art aerobic fitness center or relax and enjoy the ambiance of Happy Hour in John F s Lounge and dinner in John F s Market CafÃ© where kids under 12 eat free! Come enjoy the Holiday Inn Washington, DC-Georgetown Hotel when visiting Washington, DC. We have all the elements for creating an exciting experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington - Georgetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Georgetown Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Georgetown
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn