“Warm place for cozy stay in January!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #43 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Warm place for cozy stay in January!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

My partner and I enjoyed our 4 day stay at the Holiday Inn Georgetown during a cold snap this past January. The staff was welcoming and helpful at every turn. I'm sorry we didn't discover the breakfast until 2 days had passed and were pleased to meet Bethlehem (aka Betty). She was cheerful, pleasant, and eager to help us with our breakfast needs. The breakfast bar was very ample but the Eggs Benedict from the menu were outstanding. The morning pot of coffee was also very good. Our last night there we decided to eat a late supper in the bar where we found Angel the manager, in attendance. He gave us special attention when we wanted to order a smaller meal than was offered on the menu. The burger was delicious and cooked to perfection, not to mention the Merlot that was very luscious and a bargan for a vintage 2006! We also saw friends from NC at the hotel who informed us that this was their 'home away from home' when in DC. We will certainly be reserving a room here for any future visits to DC. Great location. By the way, take the Circulator bus as it is more regular than the Metro Bus. Also go ahead and get a Metro Pass. It's worth it! ~ Woody

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
LMims, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Washington - Georgetown, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Woody F, thank you for visiting the Holiday Inn Georgetown. We highly appreciate your feedback online. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay while visiting from out of town. I am glad that you were able to take some time to enjoy a delicious breakfast as well. Thank you for recognizing our hotel staff in the Restaurant, they do a good job!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Perfect service with smiles during your breakfast to make a good start to your day. Thank you Betty, wish we could take you with us. If we come back to Georgetown, surely will meet you again at Holiday Inn. Martins family.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
DouglasRMartins, it was a pleasure having stay in town visiting the Holiday Inn Georgetown. We surely hope you come back to visit us again in the near future!!!!!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn in Georgetown several times when visiting Washington, D.C.
The last two we were lucky to have Betty as our waitress when having our breakfast.
Not only did she give us the best service, catering to our every need, but her friendly,
calm attitude made us feel at home.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Costa C, thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Georgetown. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our hot Breakfast as well as the service from our Restaurant staff. Thank You So much!!!!
Claremont, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Always my first choice of hotel when I have a business trip in the Georgetown area. Location is great - plenty of shops and restaurants But it's the staff that keeps me coming back, especially the breakfast service staff. My favorites are Yeshi and TG! They see to all your breakfast needs and get your day started on the right foot.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
John P, thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate the feedback. Thank You so much and we look forward to your return!!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

This has been my thrid stay at the Holiday Inn Georgetown and I have been impressed once again. As an overseas visitor it is important to feel at home abroad and this is the feeling I get here.

TG was our waitress for breakfast and treated us like kings every morning.

One day my son and I had to leave early for a trip to NY and Betty immediately offered to come in at 6am to make us some breakfast.

The food is great, the service friendly, the rooms are immaculate and overall value for money.

I will be seeing you all next year again!

• Stayed January 2014
HGrabe, Thank You for commenting us on Trip Advisor. Glad to hear that you had a great stay for the third time around and enjoyed a nice hot Breakfast before you departed the hotel. We hope that you come back to visit for the fourth time!!!!!!!
New Berlin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I am looking forward to returning to the Holiday Inn Georgetown. I have business trip next week and really enjoy staying at this Holiday Inn.

I especially like the service, and breakfast. I hope that Betty is working as she is one of the best waitresses I have ever had, and I travel a lot!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
LMims, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Washington - Georgetown, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Mr. Mark B, thank you for having us in mind to come back again to stay at the hotel. We will be so happy to have you. Good you enjoyed Breakfast, I will pass on the recognition to the restaurant staff and we shall see you again next week!!!!!!
Northampton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

The hotel was great for the price. It's quiet, yet transportation was easy. The hotel has a free shuttle that will take you to several locations close that are of interest, including the Metro. There are the city buses with a stop at the hotel, and there is the Yellow Circulator bus, which stops on 35th at WI, which is only about 40' further than the regular city buses. The Circulator is fabulous. It only costs $1. And it will take you to the Foggy Bottom Metro Station and within 3 or 4 blocks of the Mall. The hotel staff was also extremely friendly and helpful. On my 3rd morning there, TG, one of the waitresses in the hotel restaurant, brought me my tea when she came to take my order for breakfast. She remembered from the previous two days. Amazing! I'd highly recommend it. If I had a complaint, the only one would be that their bath towels are not very soft. Minor complaint in my book.

Room Tip: Maybe avoid the rooms that face Wisconsin Street (and the graveyard that someone else mentioned - I...