“Centrally Located” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Washington - Georgetown

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Washington - Georgetown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Washington - Georgetown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2101 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #46 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
NJ
“Centrally Located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We just needed a place to sleep since we were arriving late Friday night and leaving early in the morning for some college tours. But we wanted to be close to where we were going. I called only a few days before our arrival and actually got a better rate than what was published online, but had to agree that it would be non-refundable. I was fine with that. Since I am a Priority Club member, I also got a discount on parking from $30 to $15, which was great. The Front Desk staff was friendly, it was after 11pm, and we were very tired, she took care of us quickly which we appreciated. We also left the car till about 4pm Saturday with no problem.
The room was fine, though the desk was missing, which we didn't care about and it actually made the room seem larger. We had free WiFi, also a bonus, which my kids took advantage of.
We inquired about getting a cab in the morning, and they told us they run a shuttle to the University, you just have to come down to the lobby 15 minutes before you want to leave. So, we headed down at 9am, to be told that it would be 30 minutes because one had just left. Well, that didn't work for us, so we took a cab, which cost $15 to American University.
Still, the room was adequate, the bathroom was clean, the shower had good water pressure, plenty of counter space, the TV was a 32" flat screen, though it took a few minutes to get to the regular TV and out of the crazy pay TV stuff. I am not a fan of the really fluffy, firm pillows. They label them, but they don't offer you any other choices. We had arrived late and didn't want to wait for any others to be delivered, so we just used them. But they are rather uncomfortable. The bed linens were fine other than that.
With taxes and parking we paid about $120 total for one night. It was fine for us. If our daughter goes to school in DC we would consider staying there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

946 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vienna, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. The room had an odor, the drain in the tub/shower and the sink didn't work. It was a nightmare to shower or use the sink! We called several times and no body showed up. The bathroom is out dated, the carpet is OLD. The only good thing about this hotel was the location. I would NOT stay in this hotel again!!

Room Tip: It's about one mile to the heart of Georgetown each way.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Southern Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

The accommodations are adequate - nothing fancy, but clean. The hotel does not have many extras, but if you are visiting an Embassy or American University it has a good location for that. Do not expect restaurants or food service; there are some decent restaurants in the area. Parking is extremely limited.

The Metro is not close - maybe a mile or so away. There are two local buses NW Wisconsin and NW 35th Street that can get you to the Metro. I like to stay there on business (when I visit American University) because it is affordable and the closest hotel to the University. I get my food from the local "Whole Foods Market" Grocery Store - a very good place to shop.

There are better places for tourists than this hotel. If you want the "Washington Experience" do not stay here. If you are looking for a one-night business trip, this place will do.

Room Tip: There is a swimming pool outside, but it is only open from May through September. It is noisy - so...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
St. Charles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

We stayed at this Holiday Inn from 12/28/2011 to 12/31/2011. We had a king-bed room. It was pretty clean, had a nice sized bathroom, flat screen TV, nicely furnished, and reasonable.
I would definitely stay here again. The only downside to our room was the tub---the lever you pull to get the water to come the shower head instead of the faucet was impossibly hard to pull up..something was wrong with it. We had a view of the Washington Monument...however our window seal was broken so the window was "fogged" so you couldn't see out half the window.

Room Tip: From other reviews I've read before...avoid rooms above the gym.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I have stayed in this holiday inn couple of times as it is very close to embassies. I come to DC multiple times and I always regret staying there within a day. This place is marginally clean, the people are not so cheerful. I feel so dull when i walk in here. The rooms are so dark and don't get so much lighting, it makes me feel like being in cell for me!

The good things about this place is the location and shuttle service. However, I am still willing to stay a bit farther away and pay for taxi than staying here. My pet peeve about this place is coffee maker in bathroom. 1. It is not hygenic at all (There is a damn toilet there, think about it people!) 2. Coffee maker looked as though it hasn't been cleaned for ages. The moment i saw that, i decided to check out and moved to another HI location in couple of miles away. I still enjoy being in IHG properties but this one is not for me.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

After pulling up at the hotel entrance to help my father check in and see him to his room, I returned to my car to find a $250.00 ticket. It was Christmas night and there was no one around . When I inquired about the ticket and apologized for leaving my car for the few minutes it took to drop my dad off, I was met with complete indifference and an obnoxious attitude from the front desk clerk. The room door was also strangely ajar when we arrived at the room and the room was marginally clean. The staff was rude and aggressive! Will never stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011 via mobile

Have stayed here over the years and always regarded it as a great value that left me totally satisfied - rather like good comfort food. On recent stay found it still a good value, but loosing the quality that made that value special. Both business center CPUs are ancient and were out of order; the van service was slow to respond; front desk staff seemed burned out and was indifferent. Still not bad, but could so easily be better.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Holiday Inn Washington - Georgetown? Share your experiences!