We just needed a place to sleep since we were arriving late Friday night and leaving early in the morning for some college tours. But we wanted to be close to where we were going. I called only a few days before our arrival and actually got a better rate than what was published online, but had to agree that it would be non-refundable. I was fine with that. Since I am a Priority Club member, I also got a discount on parking from $30 to $15, which was great. The Front Desk staff was friendly, it was after 11pm, and we were very tired, she took care of us quickly which we appreciated. We also left the car till about 4pm Saturday with no problem.
The room was fine, though the desk was missing, which we didn't care about and it actually made the room seem larger. We had free WiFi, also a bonus, which my kids took advantage of.
We inquired about getting a cab in the morning, and they told us they run a shuttle to the University, you just have to come down to the lobby 15 minutes before you want to leave. So, we headed down at 9am, to be told that it would be 30 minutes because one had just left. Well, that didn't work for us, so we took a cab, which cost $15 to American University.
Still, the room was adequate, the bathroom was clean, the shower had good water pressure, plenty of counter space, the TV was a 32" flat screen, though it took a few minutes to get to the regular TV and out of the crazy pay TV stuff. I am not a fan of the really fluffy, firm pillows. They label them, but they don't offer you any other choices. We had arrived late and didn't want to wait for any others to be delivered, so we just used them. But they are rather uncomfortable. The bed linens were fine other than that.
With taxes and parking we paid about $120 total for one night. It was fine for us. If our daughter goes to school in DC we would consider staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of historic Georgetown, the Holiday Inn Washington, DC -Georgetown is the perfect hotel for business and leisure travelers. The Holiday Inn Washington, DC-Georgetown hotel boasts an upscale traditional dÃ©cor and includes free high-speed Internet access throughout the hotel.Our centralized location is surrounded by fine restaurants and specialty boutiques. We offer free shuttle service with stops at Wisconsin and M Streets NW, Georgetown Medical Center, Georgetown University, Embassies, American University and Woodley Park Metro. Coupled with the nearby Red Line Metro, you will have easy access to all of Washington DC s area attractions, such as the White House, National Zoo, Smithsonian museums, and Washington Monument. The Circulator Bus Line stops at the hotel providing easy access to the National Mall, downtown and Union Stations for only $1.Stay productive in our 24-hour business center, maintain your exercise regimen in our state-of-the-art aerobic fitness center or relax and enjoy the ambiance of Happy Hour in John F s Lounge and dinner in John F s Market CafÃ© where kids under 12 eat free! Come enjoy the Holiday Inn Washington, DC-Georgetown Hotel when visiting Washington, DC. We have all the elements for creating an exciting experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington - Georgetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Georgetown Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Georgetown
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn