“Nice hotel close to most activities” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Washington Marriott at Metro Center

You added Washington Marriott at Metro Center to your Saves list
Washington Marriott at Metro Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   775 12th St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #52 of 131 Hotels in Washington DC
Canberra, Australia
“Nice hotel close to most activities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed here for 4 nights and loved it. It's a short cab ride from Union station, with the Metro station situated right under the hotel. We walked to a majority of attractions, most within 20 minutes. From here we walked to the White House, the Mall, and even to our Segway tour (Capital Segway tours, they were fantastic!).

The check-in was very smooth and fast. Our reservation was confirmed, and we had our room as per my rewards account preferences. Speedy and friendly without being rushed, which i think most people like.

The room was clean and well maintained. The beds were on the soft side for us, but each to their own. The bathroom was clean, the shower-head was an adjustable spray one with good pressure and with very hot water (to the point of scalding hot). The building temperature overpowered the room AC a little, so for those who like their room on the cooler side whilst sleeping, the thermostat only went down to 66f/18.5c. The duvet was too heavy to make it comfortable, but they did provide lighter blankets upon our request. The housekeeping staff were also very friendly and accommodating,

We didn't use the property restaurant for main meals, just desert, but it was good and tasty. As you'd expect, expensive in-house prices ($10 per desert).

In the Gym area they had a washing machine and dryer which were free to use (75c for Tide). Not the regular industrial ones, but Heavy Duty LG home use ones. Worked very well, and being free was a very nice touch.

There were quite a few conferences during our stay there, and I am sure that the onsite Starbucks saved a few people.

All in all, it was a very pleasant stay, well worth it for any type of traveler.

Room Tip: Most rooms are away from the Lift Lobby.
Green Features: Even though you hang towels up to be re-used, they still change them...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Southington, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

But doesn't go too far beyond that. Of course it's clean, excellent location, and reliable service. The staff were NOT too enthusiastic though. In fact, they were downright rude when we asked if we could drop off our luggage before check-in time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jay-AGM, Manager at Washington Marriott at Metro Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
William S -

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry to read of your disappointment and would very much like to speak with you about this. Please give me a call at the hotel at 202-737-2200 if you would like to discuss further.

Thank you.
Jay L
Director of Operations
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When staying in a major metropolitan area there are many choices for lodging. Yes there are lower priced options and you can shop around. However this hotel meets marriott standards in all regards so you know what you are going to get. Good and wine prices are nearly outrageous but were good quality. My only gripe is with the concierge lounge. The person was not attentive. For example the bread bin and fruit trays were empty the whole time Eating breakfast. I finally had to ask the server for more bread and fruit. This is not what Marriott lounges are usually like.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Staff we're amazing. Very helpful. Manual our bellman went out of his way to find us directions out of the city due to a huge Veterans Day celebration. Doorman made us smile everyday. Staff at Concierge very helpful and happy. Beds very comfortable. I usually never sleep good the first night at a hotel. I slept the best here. Highly recommend.

Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am very surprised how many people like this hotel. The hotel is at most average. The rooms are fine... clean... but small rooms and not worth a nice chunk of change. The concierge lounge is the smallest I have seen at any Marriott, rooms are tiny, the gym (with lots of rust... make sure you are up on your shots before you use the gym) feels like a cave out of 1995 (low ceilings/the decor, if you can call it that, hurts my eyes)... just not a good hotel experience. Staff asked me about my rate 3 days after I arrived.... very odd considering I confirmed my rate when I arrived. Its not the worst hotel ever... considering the rooms are clean and the rooms look like they have been recently renovated... but its not a hotel I would like to stay at for more than one night. Unfortunately my trip is much longer than 1 night. So would I stay here again... maybe for an overnight when all I am doing is sleeping and leaving. There are plenty of great options in Washington, DC... with more hotels opening up every day.... check them out before you stay here.

avillebud -

I'm sorry to read of your review of our hotel. We attempt to exceed expectations given our great downtown location and strive to provide amenities that our customers expect. I'm sorry to see we've let you down. I'm happy to speak with you about your comments and answer any questions you have. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel 202-737-2200 at your convenience.

Regards,
Jay L
Director of Operations
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Marriott is at a great location as it is located centrally to all the attractions at DC. I had a conference at the convention centre and was an easy 10 minute walk. I also caught a Capitals game at the Verizon Centre and was a less than 10 minute walk. The room is decent, nothing great but nice. Service at the hotel was decent, didn't use the pool and fitness centre so can't comment there. The only thing with DC is there are sirens all the time and I suppose it comes with the territory or perhaps it was an anomaly due to midterm elections. Taxi transportation to and from Regan airport is a breeze.

Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Things are on their last legs here at the Marriott at Metro Center. The equpment in the fitness center is rusted and creaky. The rooms are basic and non-descript. I left my room at 9:30 am and returned at 5 pm to find it had not been made up. I called and was told it would be taken care of. It took 90 minutes. The safe in the room did not work. Room service was average at best. The lounge is cheap and unrewarding. There really is no compelling reason to stay here.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Justin A, Front Office Manager at Washington Marriott at Metro Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Washington Marriott at Metro Center.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the various issues you experienced. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate departments to rectify these issues.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to showcase our improvements to you whenever your travels bring you back to Washington.

Kind Regards,

Been to Washington Marriott at Metro Center? Share your experiences!