I stayed here for 5 nights for a meeting. It is very close to the National Mall, only 2-3 blocks away. I did not need to use the Metro.
There is a Macy's opposite the Hotel, and on the same street towards the National Mall there is a Barns and Nobles where you can buy toys for the kids.
The room is big and clean, and also quiet. There is a Starbucks on the ground floor that sells warm fresh bagles, and so you do not need to eat the Hotel's breakfast which is pricey.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Marriott At Metro Hotel
- Washington Marriott At Metro Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott
- Marriott Metro Center
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Washington Marriott at Metro Center offers convenient access to the best of the capital area. Guests of our hotel will find it a breeze to visit the National Mall, Smithsonian Museums and a variety of other attractions especially with our location above the main hub for the Metro system. Located within blocks of the Verizon Center and the Washington, DC Convention Center, our hotel offers stylish surroundings for guests in town attending conferences, sporting events or concerts. Our hotel's central location, newly renovated guest rooms and dining options including a Starbucks Cafe also make us a great choice for business travelers or those looking for a weekend getaway. With easy access to the region's major airports, the Amtrak station, and the Convention Center, our downtown DC Metro Center hotel is the perfect choice for your next visit to the city, no matter what brings you to town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Venere, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Washington Marriott at Metro Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.