“Great Place in DC” 4 of 5 stars

The Henley Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   926 Massachusetts Ave, Washington DC, DC 20001   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Summer Special - 15% Off!
Ranked #73 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
Dayton Ohio
“Great Place in DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

The Henley is a unique hotel in DC and I have stayed in many hotels in DC. Most are huge and only interested in getting you checked in and hoping they never see you again, especially the chains. The Henley is a old property that is kept up to date but still retains the old charm starting with a small lobby and a nice little bar and restaurant. The rooms are not large but have everything you need and the place is very clean. This property is very well maintained. The staff is fantastic, always greeting you and always asking if you need anything. You can even place your shoes outside the door and get them shined overnight. RB Properties is doing a great job with this hotel but what makes it stand out is the focus they have on the guests.

Room Tip: The front of the Hotel faces Massachusetts Ave which can be a bit noisy. Ask for a side room if a l...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Sue K, General Manager at The Henley Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thank you so much for an awesome review of our hotel. We are part of the Historic Hotel Association and we take great pride in preserving the historic charm of the hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be comfortable and found our staff friendly and pleasant.

We look forward to welcoming back you soon!

Sue Kinley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Polish first
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We were long overdue for a touristy trip to DC, to visit the Smithsonian, the memorials, the Capitol, and we were lucky to end up at the Henley, thanks in part to a great rate via Expedia. This cozy older hotel (it used to be an apartment building) is within walking distance of The Mall and a lot of other attractions. In fact, we took the Metro from DCA to Mt Vernon Sq but didn't use public transport after that for the three days we were there. The room was very comfortable, newly renovated, the staff was very pleasant, and we even opted to have breakfast in the hotel one morning, which was great. They have a business center (internet) just off the lobby and coffee shops and patisseries are right around the corner. We will definitely check Henley Park's rates again, the next time we visit DC. Recommended!

Room Tip: Top floor (8th) gets you away from the street noise which is not much of a problem anyway in that ne...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Sakshi S, General Manager at The Henley Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. I'm so pleased to read you found our hotel to have a home away from home feel. I'm glad you found our location convenient for your needs and you were satisfied with your accommodations. We look forward to welcome you back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I stayed for two nights and I must say I wish the stay was longer! My boyfriend and I both love how the hotel is so close to everything. The White House and the National Mall is a walk away. So the location was right in the money! The room was comfy and very clean. Which is what I look for first as soon as I check in. We were the only ones that took advantage of the bar downstairs. (We found ourselves to be the only ones in there all the time). I don't know why. The food and bartenders are so great! Try the mini meatballs** so good. Be warned though. A lot of the rooms don't have a view. But I'm not concerned with that. We weren't in there much. Mainly outside taking in the sites. We only live 3 hours away and the trip is well worth it to stay in a place like this were the people are nothing but friendly and made our stay a true delight. You won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel on Trip Advisor. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property and were happy with your accommodations. I'm glad you took advantage of our beautiful bar and enjoyed the food. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stayed at Henley Park from July 27 - August 2 - The hotel is convenient and comfortable. Plenty of old world charm, as it is a Historic Hotel. Our room was cozy. It was just the two of us, so there really was no need to have a ginormous suite. Honestly, we were so busy roaming the city that we were there later in the evening and up early in the morning.

The bar staff is top notch! Our bartender, I believe him name was Chong (I apologize if I spelled it incorrect) greeted us by name each time we popped in. And I think we popped in each night for a cold beer, or martini. He was friendly, funny, and pleasant to chat with.

Our room was facing 10th street, and yes, there is street noise. But, you're in the city! It's to be expected. Free wi-fi and bottled water at the end of the night was a pleasant touch.

The only thing that made me wrinkle my nose, slightly, mind you. Saturday morning as we were getting ready to leave, we asked for a Taxi and were directed to a town car. I asked for a taxi once again and the doorman tried to direct us again to the town car. I had to ask specifically for a taxi three times. I'm not sure if he has some deal with the town car driver he was talking to, but it was the only thing all week that made me slightly annoyed.

Aside from that, I would highly recommend this hotel for it's great location, service, and historic charm. Thanks for a memorable honeymoon!

Room Tip: If you are interested in avoiding street noise, ask for an interior room that over looks the courtya...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the 5-star review! I'm so pleased to read you found our hotel to be convenient, comfortable and found our staff to be friendly and pleasant. I'm glad you enjoyed the historic charm of the hotel and your honeymoon. We look forward to welcome you back soon!

Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Historic hotel dating from the early 1900s was an old apartment building and was converted into a hotel in 1982. I was told the hotel does not provide rooms with 2 beds. We had a Queen size bed which was very comfortable. The hotel must have just been renovated when we were there judging by the cleanliness of the tiles in the shower (by tiles, I actually mean grout). The staff was nice and polite, the restaurant quaint and pleasant. On the week end, they have live music at the bar, but the noise did not reach our room on the eighth floor. We were at about 15 to 20 minutes walking distance from the mall, which was not bad. Lots of restaurants a few blocks away. We were able to get a good rate through Expedia. If we can get same rate again, would definitely return.

Room Tip: Top flloor was very quiet
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Sakshi S, General Manager at The Henley Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. I'm so pleased to see that you enjoyed our central location, experienced our warm hospitality and enjoyed the live music at our bar during your visit. We look forward to welcome you back soon!

Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed three nights here and it was great. The people working there are very friendly, which is a big plus in my book.

Free WI-FI and two bottles of water for free every evening. Rooms are nice with good amenities and a fridge. Shower was great.

There is a bit of street noise in the evening but it goes away late at night, which is all that matters to me. It's just a few blocks away from the Metro, so getting to the airport is really easy and cheap. Just a few blocks from the Mall and Chinatown, so that's perfect. There's a Starbucks a couple blocks away, which is great.

Room service was great for breakfast. The food was really good, so I'm assuming that the restaurant downstairs is great. I will definitely visit again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the Five Star Review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your three night stay with us and we exceeded your expectation overall. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We hope to welcome you back at the Henley Park Hotel soon.

Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful hotel. Rooms were on the small side, but very clean. Staff is exceptionally friendly. Great breakfast and bar service. Complementary bottled water each night - which was greatly appreciated in hot July (room was air conditioned).

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sakshi S, General Manager at The Henley Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. I'm delighted to know that you enjoyed the amenities of the hotel and your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit to the Henley Park Hotel.