“Nothing but problems-dishonest staff!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Henley Park Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Henley Park Hotel to your Saves list
The Henley Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   926 Massachusetts Ave, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Henley Park Fresh Start!
Ranked #71 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Ancaster, Ontario Canada
“Nothing but problems-dishonest staff!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Henley for 4 days with a colleague. Her Internet and TV didn't work for the entire 4 days we were there-she asked several times I have it fixed but they did nothing. Service in the restaurant was average. Had to wait for service and messed up our order a few times.

The icing on the cake was that when I got home I realized I had left 3 shirts in a drawer in my room. I called immediately when I got home, left several messages and finally when I asked to speak with management they said nothing was found. I find it hard to believe that clothes can just "disappear". They offered no explanation and didn't seem the least bit concerned. I am sure that kind of service would never happen at a larger chain.

I would never stay at the Henley again. I would never recommend it. Was just a bad experience as a whole!!!

• Stayed November 2012
maggieedwards, General Manager at The Henley Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Britney,
I am very disappointed at the response of the guest service team to your problems. I have forwarded a private message to you and will follow up on the issues you mentioned in your review. I am committed to resolving all of them to your satisfaction. I look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest regards,

Maggie Edwards

455 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a very cute hotel in Downtown Washingtown, DC.
It is very old and historical, it feels like the beginning of the 20th century inside
The rooms are spacious and there is free bottled water.
There is formal tea every afternoon, which I loved.The bar is open until 11pm so this is something they can work and keep it open later.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tom W, Manager at The Henley Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your comments; I’m glad you were able to enjoy our Tea service. The Blue Bar lounge is open until midnight on Friday and Saturday nights, however during the week, the hours are based on the lack of customers at the end of the evening.
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Hotel was very warm and charming inside. Not a lot of front desk staff but the ones who were there hustled and bustled to get things done. One of the doorman didn't seem very helpful when I asked him about a local restaurant, and I couldn't find the concierge, but the front desk staff stepped right in and helped me get set in the right direction.

Rooms are comfortable, clean and very contemporary feeling. I'd recommend a room facing the street and not the facing the interior enclosed "pit".

Area surrounding the hotel was busy with construction, but I never once was disturbed by noise. Other than that the neighborhood is very safe and relatively quiet.

Ideal convenient place to stay if you are attending something at The Convention Center.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the garden or street are preferrable. Great convenient place to stay if you have busin...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. Thanks for staying with us; I’m sorry our doorman was not very helpful. The staff is usually very helpful to all of our guests. We hope to see you on your next visit to DC
Zug, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Location is great. Hotel decor is oldy-worldy; stylish and welcoming. Good size rooms, very reasonable price.The Continental breakfast is strongly recommended. They also offer an airport car service which is very convenient. Traffic can be quite loud at night. My only issue was with their administration; We had paid up front in full for our stay but were delayed by Sandy in New York. The hotel was informed of our delay but still cancelled the room and tried to charge us for the two nights that we actually managed to stay! After some frustrated discussions and a couple of phonecalls this was finally sorted out

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry you had some challenges with your reservation. Sounds like it all worked out. I hope you visit us the next time your travel brings you to DC.
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We wanted a hotel that was close to the sights but not too expensive. What a find! As far as location goes the hotel is only a few minutes from the metro station and was within easy walk of the downtown sights.

The hotel itself is lovely. It is clean, has character and the staff were very helpful, in particular Derek Speight. Will definitely come back here if....ahem...I mean when we come back to Washington DC.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tom W, Manager at The Henley Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are in a great location to walk to all that you want to see in DC. I’m glad you found the staff helpful. Mr. Speight knows how important that is to provide the assistance to each guest. We look forward to your return.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Booked this hotel while attending the 2012 ASA Anesthesiology Conference at Washington Convention Center. Just 100m walk from the convention center, I had Rm 214 on 2nd floor...... very comfortable junior suite, great king size bed, wifi access (free), cableTV and comfortalble bathroom. Nice toiletries and good bathroom with hard to work bath fittings.
Average breakfast and bar. Really 4 star accommodation but great if you are attending a meeting. Well situated for most of Washington's attractions.
A charming boutique hotel which I recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for 214, 314, 414 etc for best rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tom W, Manager at The Henley Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your comments and your recommendation. We are just a short walk to all major DC attractions. Our Tavern Restaurant offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. We offer happy hour specials in our Blue Bar lounge. We have also just revised our room service menu. Thank you for staying with us.
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The Henley Park Hotel is a well appointed and priced hotel, located conveniently near many of the attractions and government departments.

The dinning room is beautifully appointed and the continental breakfast is fantastic.

Strongly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tom W, Manager at The Henley Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are glad you stayed with us and had the opportunity to dine in the Tavern. We have recently upgraded all of our menus, to give our guests a great dining option.

Been to The Henley Park Hotel? Share your experiences!