Hotel Harrington will be a memorable experience for a long time to come. It is exactly as advertised, "100 years old," this year. Everywhere you look you see history. From the mailbox to the room venting, electrical conduit, and plates that must be covering the initial gas lighting in the rooms...the place left me wondering exactly where we were in our everyday lives back in 1914. This hotel is the last family owned and operated hotel in DC. It is close to everything! Walk or take any of a variety of transportation. Leave your car parked and enjoy the city instead of dealing with the traffic. (Parking is free!) The room we enjoyed was quiet and the beds offered a good night's sleep. There are several restaurants close by, including two in the hotel, offering a nice variety of eateries. Best of all, the price of the rooms is quite reasonable. The next time we're in DC we will definitely go back to the Harrington.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Harrington is located in the heart of Washington, D.C.'s world famous tourist district. Just 1/2 block from Pennsylvania Avenue, between the Capitol (10 Blocks) and the White House (5 blocks), you can easily walk to all the sights, such as Ford's Theatre is just 1 block, your first smithsonian is just 3 blocks from the hotel, the Verizon center is just 6 blocks, so park your car if you have one and just walk to all the sights. In addition, Metro Center, is just two blocks away which is the Red Line. We offer 242 guest rooms, including 26 deluxe family rooms, full service restaurant, fast food restaurant, friendly pub, local tours, and a nice gift shop. Amenities Free Wifi Free Internet Cafe w/computers in Harriett's Restaurant Free postcards at the front desk Private bathroom in every room Refrigerators are in most rooms. Just ask if you need one brought to your room Microwave for guests located in the Internet Cafe Ice Machines - Lobby level and floors 2 through 6 Soft Drinks - Lobby level and floors 1 through 6 Telephones - Direct Dial System. Local calls $0.25/each. Long Distance - see instructions in room Postage Stamps - Purchase from the front desk Televisions - Every room has a TV with free HBO! Laundromat - 2nd and 3rd floors Games for kids - just ask the front desk ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Harrington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harrington Hotel Washington Dc
- Hotel Harrington Washington Dc