This hotel is few months shy of clebrating it's 100th birthday. It's basically a no frills hotel that caters to large families and student groups. If ultra modern furniture and little shampoo bottles on the counter are important to you then pick another hotel. Harrington is at E and 11th and is perfectly positioned. My family of 5 booked early and received a room for $205/ni, including taxes. It was three mini hotel rooms that had been opened up into each other. Room 926 (i think that's right) is a corner room with 1 queen bed and THREE single beds. OUr three girls loved having their own areas. It also had three full bathroom and 3 tvs. Mini fridge is standard. There were students in the building - we saw them in the lobby - but never heard any from our room. The place is clean - but showing it's age. the linens and towels were spot free but they showed age. the tub drained slowly and there was some funky stuff growing on the shower head in one bath but it certainly didn't out weigh the positives. the desk staff were helpful (happily handed to us extra pillows, gave directions, etc) and the restaurant downstairs convienant. Would I stay there again? If it were just my husband and me....maybe I'd upgrade a little. If I were with the kids then Harrington is the only way I could afford a weeklong trip in DC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Harrington is located in the heart of Washington, D.C.'s world famous tourist district. Just 1/2 block from Pennsylvania Avenue, between the Capitol (10 Blocks) and the White House (5 blocks), you can easily walk to all the sights, such as Ford's Theatre is just 1 block, your first smithsonian is just 3 blocks from the hotel, the Verizon center is just 6 blocks, so park your car if you have one and just walk to all the sights. In addition, Metro Center, is just two blocks away which is the Red Line. We offer 242 guest rooms, including 26 deluxe family rooms, full service restaurant, fast food restaurant, friendly pub, local tours, and a nice gift shop. Amenities Free Wifi Free Internet Cafe w/computers in Harriett's Restaurant Free postcards at the front desk Private bathroom in every room Refrigerators are in most rooms. Just ask if you need one brought to your room Microwave for guests located in the Internet Cafe Ice Machines - Lobby level and floors 2 through 6 Soft Drinks - Lobby level and floors 1 through 6 Telephones - Direct Dial System. Local calls $0.25/each. Long Distance - see instructions in room Postage Stamps - Purchase from the front desk Televisions - Every room has a TV with free HBO! Laundromat - 2nd and 3rd floors Games for kids - just ask the front desk ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Harrington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harrington Hotel Washington Dc
- Hotel Harrington Washington Dc