The Harrington Hotel is in a great location in downtown Washington DC. It's a 2 or 3 blocks from the National Mall and the White House. The Metro Center red line subway station is less than 2 blocks away. We had a reservation at another newer chain hotel outside the city for $50 more per night, but we decided to stay at the Harrington and I'm very glad we did. We were able to walk to all the major DC monuments and museums.
We spent 3 nights in room 602 at the Harrington Hotel. This is a deluxe non-smoking king room. I called the hotel reservation number and they said they had 7 of this type of room that are not listed on the reservation web site. We paid $194.77 per night including tax after a AAA discount. It was 2 rooms facing the street.
One room had a comfortable king bed, 2 bed side tables with lamps and one with a telephone, bureau with an old tube TV on it, a small closet with lots of hangers and an ironing board and a small bathroom. The shower worked well and had plenty of hot water.
The second room was a little smaller than the first and was connected by a archway without a door. It had a couch, low bureau with another old tube TV, a small closet, a small refrigerator and microwave, a desk with a chair, lamp and telephone. There was also a second full bathroom.
The room was quiet and we slept well. Breakfast was not included in the room price, but the hotel has a low priced restaurant with a breakfast buffet. The free WiFi worked well and had good signal strength in the lobby and on the 6th floor.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel is 99 years old and a bit run down. But our room was clean, quiet and there were several available electrical outlets. Old hotels like this do not have cookie cutter rooms, so I can not speak about any room except the one we stayed in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Harrington is located in the heart of Washington, D.C.'s world famous tourist district. Just 1/2 block from Pennsylvania Avenue, between the Capitol (10 Blocks) and the White House (5 blocks), you can easily walk to all the sights, such as Ford's Theatre is just 1 block, your first smithsonian is just 3 blocks from the hotel, the Verizon center is just 6 blocks, so park your car if you have one and just walk to all the sights. In addition, Metro Center, is just two blocks away which is the Red Line. We offer 242 guest rooms, including 26 deluxe family rooms, full service restaurant, fast food restaurant, friendly pub, local tours, and a nice gift shop. Amenities Free Wifi Free Internet Cafe w/computers in Harriett's Restaurant Free postcards at the front desk Private bathroom in every room Refrigerators are in most rooms. Just ask if you need one brought to your room Microwave for guests located in the Internet Cafe Ice Machines - Lobby level and floors 2 through 6 Soft Drinks - Lobby level and floors 1 through 6 Telephones - Direct Dial System. Local calls $0.25/each. Long Distance - see instructions in room Postage Stamps - Purchase from the front desk Televisions - Every room has a TV with free HBO! Laundromat - 2nd and 3rd floors Games for kids - just ask the front desk ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Hotel Harrington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harrington Hotel Washington Dc
- Hotel Harrington Washington Dc