“Quiet, relaxing atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Washington

You added Grand Hyatt Washington to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt Washington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 H St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Explore DC
Ranked #49 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Quiet, relaxing atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I stayed here for two nights for a business meeting in conjunction with a large conference. I would recommend this hotel for those planning events of this nature. I also enjoyed my second night after the conclusion of the meeting - breakfast on the bottom level is relaxing because you are surrounded by a serene pool of water and the food was delicious. The hotel has good proximity to the National mall and is located in a great area of town - lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Garden view was quiet - I was concerned because of an ongoing conference, but it was generally quiet...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Large room
LG TV
iPod docking station
QUIET
Bathroom...good towels, nice size, tea tree toiletries, hair dryer, toothpaste, no makeup mirror.
Desk...no outlets
Coffee station.... Nice...oh here are the outlets
Wifi...no way...they charge....however you can get free Starbucks or lobby (which I could actually access from my room)
Bed... King comfy but could use more than 3,pillows...l what can I say I am a pillow hog.
Water pressure.... Not great but ok
Cleanliness.... Very good
QUIET. Did I write that already? Good! Bears repeating
Location... Very good
Public trans... Excellent
Concierge... Awesome!
Area of town.... Nice! Only panhandled twice in 3 blocks.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Central, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is a very nice business oriented hotel centrally located in DC within a short walk or metro ride to most DC attractions. The hotel is directly connected to a central Metro hub making mass transit particularly easy to take advantage of.

The lobby is an atrium and some rooms do overlook the atrium. The lobby houses two gift shops, a Starbucks and a deli. There is a restaurant on the lower level which I did not try. Check in was quick and friendly. The elevators are located in the back of the atrium and were also quick with minimal wait times. The lobby areas were clean, modern and well maintained. The hallways leading to the rooms are very long, and so ask for a room close to the elevator if you don't want a long walk. Hallways were not too dark, and also cleanly decorated. There were ice and drink machines on the floor.

The room was a corner room which was an odd shape, but offered a nice amount of space. There was a clean, well lit work space - but it did not have a phone on it. The phone was located next to the bed. There was a large, modern television in the room as well as a small refrigerator. Despite overlooking two busy streets, the room was very quiet. The climate control system can be set to run the fan constantly for air circulation regardless of the temperature in the room.

The bed linens were comfortable and clean, and the bed area had ample lighting with reading lights mounted to the headboard which had some built-in effect lighting as well. The bathroom was also clean, well maintained and fairly typical for Hyatts, nice but nothing extraordinary.

Room service was prompt and competitively priced. The meal was well presented and tasted fine.

The room had sufficient outlets to charge electronic devices around the bed area, but not as many near the desk.

All in all, a nice hotel centrally located in DC.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevators if you want to avoid a potentially long walk to your room.
Corona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Just stayed here this past weekend. The hotel is very nice. Comfy beds, clean rooms, friendly staff.

I think the best part about it was the proximity to everything. We were able to walk to the Whitehouse. There is a Metro station in the basement which makes getting around town very convenient.

If I return to DC I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time for sharing your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Grand Hyatt Washington last week-end. It is a pleasure to hear that you will stay with us in the future due to our comfy beds, clean rooms, friendly staff as well as the great location close to the White house and Metro station. Your kind comments were forwarded to the Executive management at the hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future in DC.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed at this hotel recently for business and the cost was billed to a central account on file at the hotel. The hotel also billed the cost of the room to my credit card which was on file for incidentals. The hotel never called this to my attention but it was discovered by the group I was working for. At their insistence the error was corrected but I never received an apology from the hotel. The exercise room is not open 24 hours a day which is problematic if you are an early riser.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Good Afternoon Alan J,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the Grand Hyatt Washington. I am so sorry to hear about the accounting issues you encountered during this visit. We are happy to hear that everything was corrected but again very sorry for the lack of concern from our staff and management. If you would like to further discuss this matter, please feel free to contact our Guest Relations department. We hope to welcome you back to a Hyatt on your next vacation or business trip.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Had the opportunity to stay at the GH DC over cherry blossom weekend! Great large hotel, I thought that it was going to feel too big but the staff really made up for it. I had some other feedback but Dustin Dietel approached everything as optimistic as possible and really cared about making sure that it was addressed.

Great location as well! HUGE bonus!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time for sharing your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Grand Hyatt Washington over the Cherry Blossom Weekend. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your concerns were addressed by Dustin Dietel onsite. Your appreciation and kind comments were forwarded to the Executive management at the hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future in DC.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate
South Suburban Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I attended a Legislative Conference there in March. This was my second visit to this establishment and I was more impressed than I was when I visited the previous year. Front Desk Agent, Emanuel Lessey was my main point of contact at the hotel this time, and I must say, what an outstanding employee he proved to be during my visit. Mr. Lessey treated me like a VIP, ensuring that I had everything that I needed for a wonderful stay.

Emanuel was very professional in his appearance and demeanor and was always pleasant to talk to. Whatever I needed while I was there, Mr. Lessey made sure that I had access to it. He definitely should be considered for upward advancement, because he made me feel that I was a highly valued customer. If I need to book clients in the Washington D.C. Area, the Grand Hyatt would be a top choice! Plus, I would tell them to ask for Emanuel for service.

The lobby area was very clean and elegant and my room was very comfortable, plush and well maintained during my entire stay. My bedding was so soft, it felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. I even had an opportunity to meet a celebrity while staying there - Actor/Comedian Seth Rogen - who was also a guest.

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to the D.C. Area. The prices are on the high end, but it is well worth it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Grand Hyatt Washington. I'm so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful staff. I'm particularly delighted to hear your experience with Mr. Lessey. Please be assured that I will pass this along to our management team so that he is properly recognized. I will forward all your feedback to our management team.

We can't wait to welcome you back. Hope to see you soon. Thanks for choosing Hyatt.

Becky S

Been to Grand Hyatt Washington? Share your experiences!