We stayed here for 4 nights over a long weekend. I was very pleased with the value I got for what I paid. The room was fairly standard for a corporate hotel. The bed and bedding was very comfortable. It is roughly a 10 minute walk to the Mall and to Chinatown. Chinatown offers some reasonably priced eating choices. Metro Center is less than 1 block. Every staff member I interacted with was polite, helpful, and seemed genuinely friendly. I did not visit the pool. This is a corporate "chain" hotel, but I found it to be a very good chain hotel that I would stat at again.
Parking was expensive to me, but fairly consistent with the other hotels I looked at in DC. In my opinion the cost of parking was only slightly more than I would have paid to stay outside the District and used the subway to get downtown, and I saved alot of time.
Check in and out was very quick. The bellmen and desk staff were particularly helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in trendy Penn Quarter – with convenient in-lobby Metro Center access – this downtown Washington DC hotel is an ideal spot to explore the US capital. Enjoy stylish guestrooms with plush Grand Beds™, indulgent amenities and multiple dining venues. Utilize our full-service business center and 32 outstanding meeting rooms – just steps from Washington Convention Center. Relax by the lagoon in our lovely 12-story atrium. Escape to extraordinary elegance at Grand Hyatt Washington. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Grand Hyatt Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Grand Hyatt Washington Dc
- Hyatt Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt