“good choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Washington

Save Saved
You added Grand Hyatt Washington to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt Washington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 H St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Explore DC
Ranked #62 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Charlotte, North Carolina
“good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights over a long weekend. I was very pleased with the value I got for what I paid. The room was fairly standard for a corporate hotel. The bed and bedding was very comfortable. It is roughly a 10 minute walk to the Mall and to Chinatown. Chinatown offers some reasonably priced eating choices. Metro Center is less than 1 block. Every staff member I interacted with was polite, helpful, and seemed genuinely friendly. I did not visit the pool. This is a corporate "chain" hotel, but I found it to be a very good chain hotel that I would stat at again.

Parking was expensive to me, but fairly consistent with the other hotels I looked at in DC. In my opinion the cost of parking was only slightly more than I would have paid to stay outside the District and used the subway to get downtown, and I saved alot of time.

Check in and out was very quick. The bellmen and desk staff were particularly helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1,704 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel and rooms are vey nice and spacious. The beds are very comfortable. The only real drawback was the cost of the breakfast buffet, $24 is steep for breakfast. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We would stay here again. It is only about 5 blocks to the mall.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Grayslake, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We booked this Hotel because the Hyatt Grand is always a great stay and the beds are wonderful. With the exception of a minor hiccup, our stay was was wonderful. Walking distance to the White House, museums and all the major attractions. Price was great, however I wish they had free internet. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Talk to Sean or Adelle. Both are front desk manager and will help you with all your needs.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Mark P,

Thank you for going out of your way to provide feedback about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Washington. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your time as our guest. Our Hyatt Grand Beds are very comfortable. Being centrally located makes it easy for our guests to get to the major museums and attractions without the need of a car. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back soon!

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed here with my family in late July and enjoyed our experience. We had received a great weekend rate and found check in to be fast. The rooms were clean and the staff was helpful. The best part of this hotel is the location to the Metro Center! After a long day of walking it was great to ride the Metro back and not have to walk far afterwards.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
It is always great to hear when our guests have an amazing experience at our property. We have an excellent location within walking distance to several attractions, and we also have direct access to the metro station through our lobby. I am thrilled you found your room to be well appointed and the staff to be extremely helpful. I look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Washington in the near future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Location is good for weekend getaways - close to Metro, museums, and plenty of eateries in the area.

Room was typical corporate style (size, decor), some bigger with extra sitting area. While customer service in general was good, maintenance could benefit from a little effort. On one of our stays, there was no shampoo in the bathroom. Although we made calls, shampoo was never delivered. Upon checkout, the desk manger was nice to comp us for the inconvenience. However, on another occasion, we were not able to retrieve a belt left in the room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This a good solid property even though its a big, somewhat impersonal hotel. Positives - location, rooms are nice but a bit dated, staff. Negatives - crap gym in the basement of the office building next door. All in all though its excellent value for money.

• Stayed July 2013
STAUNTON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I booked a room for this past weekend at the Grand Hyatt. The room was paid for and guaranteed for late arrival. However, upon arriving at 11:30 PM on Friday night there was a line of people attempting to check-in. I could gather from standing in a line for over an hour that they had over booked the hotel. When I finally got to the desk I was told politely, but not terribly apologetically, that the hotel had over booked and they were out of rooms. I showed the clerk my paper work indicating my room was paid for and guaranteed for late arrival. How does this happen? I was told it wasn't unusual for D.C. hotels to over book. Really? In all my years of traveling this has NEVER happened. They offered to put me into another Hyatt across town, and no where near anything that I wanted to be close to. They said I could come back the next day and they would have a room for me, but I wouldn't be able to check in until 3:00. Well now...that shoots practically the entire day, so not an option. Fortunately, my travel agency (Expedia) found another hotel around the corner and took care of all the arrangements. I felt very sorry for the hoards of people in the lobby with "no room at the inn". Disgraceful! I'll also add that there were only 2 people at the desk dealing with this fiasco - 2 hours of my time was wasted while all of this was going on!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your honest feedback on your recent experience with our hotel. I am sorry to hear that the hotel was unable to accommodate your reservation. Unfortunately, there are unforeseen variables which may have resulted in us being unable to accommodate your stay, such as guests that unexpectedly extend their stays, natural disasters, and weather issues. It is not our policy to overbook our hotel or to displace guests who are booked with us and we apologize for the inconvenience that was caused by this experience. I hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the excellent customer service for which Hyatt is known.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate

Been to Grand Hyatt Washington? Share your experiences!