I recently stayed here with a group of 7 and enjoyed this hotel. Our group needed something centrally located, close to the Metro(it's attached to the hotel) and not too expensive. This was a great choice!
We had a 4th floor outside view room close to the elevators. The view isn't much but was helpful to determine weather conditions and what people were wearing, i.e. short sleeves today! It's warm!
The beds were comfortable. The noise level low - maybe a few sirens. The shower water pressure could be better, but we know how that goes these days.
My only complaints would be the dim lighting, lack of outlets near mirrors and no free WiFi. The rooms were dimly lit even with most lights on. We usually had drapes open , but closed them in the evening and when getting ready to go out. There were no outlets near the large mirrors outside the bathroom (3 women were trying to get ready) Most outlets were in odd spots that didn't allow for blow drying , etc. when the bathroom was occupied.,
I did love the outlets and personal reading lights on the headboards. The outlets were perfect for recharging phones, laptops, etc. Lastly, we were disappointed that there was no free wifi. The hotel seemed to attract a large amount of business travelers and the Starbucks in the lobby which has free WiFi was always busy- every seat taken.
That being said, The Metro stop was in the lower level and we took it everywhere! Georgetown, The Capital , Arlington Cemetery, etc . So convenient!
Plus we were able to walk to Chinatown and other locations as it was just a short walk away.
I thought the location was great, the Metro was so convenient we saved taxi fare and the rooms were appointed nicely and comfortable. I would have no hesitation staying at or suggesting this hotel to of those who are traveling in the DC area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in downtown City Center- with convenient in-lobby Metro Center access - this Washington DC hotel is an ideal spot to explore the Nation's Capitol. Enjoy stylish guestrooms with plush Grand Beds™, indulgent amenities and multiple dining venues. Utilize our full-service business center and 32 outstanding meeting rooms - just steps from Washington Convention Center. Escape to extraordinary elegance at Grand Hyatt Washington. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Venere, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Grand Hyatt Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Grand Hyatt Washington Dc
- Hyatt Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt