My family and I we travelling from New York to Florida on a road trip so we had only the afternoon and evening in DC. The hotel was easy to find and the location is great, just five minutes from the Metro and about four stops to the museum area. We had two rooms, one for my wife and me and one for my three daughters. Different floors but not a problem. The hotel was really nice, rooms very comfortable and quiet, it was great to get a good night's sleep after four nights in NYC! Beds were very comfortable. Along the road on I street were a good choice of restaurants - family was delighted to find a TGI Friday's! One problem is that parking is limited so we paid $40 for valet parking. I was bewildered to find that the hotel would not give me a receipt for my stay or even tell me what the charges were - I had made a booking through another website, not direct through GWUI and was told that they could not therefore give me any figures which I found staggering and have not had this problem before. I'm sure there won't be a problem but if there is a discrepancy when the credit card bill comes through I have no comeback. Didn't argue as we needed to get on the road but I think this needs to be looked into. This took away from what was otherwise a great hotel and to be recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Decidedly Different and Charming... The George Wahsington University Inn evokes thoughts of a visit to a country inn in New England. Drive into the Inn and it is like coming home, the enviornment is warm, welcoming and cozy. This intimate Inn is located in one of DC's most desirable neighborhoods, Foggy Bottom, surrounded by 19th century homes on tree lined streets and serves as a reminder of when time stood still. Enjoy classic tradition blended with individualized comfort and welcoming features including: Spacious rooms and suites- appointed with every comfort imaginable for short leisure visits or extended business stays Convenient location close to exciting Washington, DC attractions and area events. 1,500 Square feet of elegant meeting and event space- ideal for intimate gatherings of up to 50. Special rates for government travel Convenient access to The George Washington University campus events and facilities. We will see you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookIt.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your George Washington University Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- George Washington University Hotel Washington Dc
- George Washington University Dc