“Pleasant Luxury In A Trendy Area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Washington D.C.

You added Four Seasons Washington D.C. to your Saves list
Four Seasons Washington D.C.
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2800 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Georgetown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2 Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #4 of 136 Hotels in Washington DC
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Pleasant Luxury In A Trendy Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This hotel offers impecable service. From the moment we arrived the valet attendants were very politely and helpful. Check in was quick and seemless. The room was lovely. The beds at this hitel are so comfortable. My room was quiter than expected. I expected to hear more "city noise" in a second room floor. Providing bathrobes, slippers, etc is a nice amenity. The patio outside of Bourbon Steak is a pleasant area to enjoy a glass of wine in the evening. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dirk B, General Manager at Four Seasons Washington D.C., responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear t_kae225,

Thank you for your 4 Star review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your taking the time to give us your great feedback about the service and amenities. I look forward to sharing your comments with the staff and am delighted to hear that you plan to stay again in the future. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Dirk Burghartz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Greek first
Knaresborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

The very best thing about all Four Seasons hotels is the bed. Without fail it is the most comfy bed I've slept in, anywhere. The staff are all excellent, the quality of the service is simply perfect and makes for a no stress stay. The fitness facilities are a little limited, but this is a tiny quibble against the many benefits of staying here. The hotel car, with unbelievably helpful driver, tok us wherever we wanted to go. The situation is ideal, right in the heart of Georgetowm with its shopping and eating options. We loved it and will be back

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mark C,

Thank you for your Five Star review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and particularly, the Four Seasons bed. We recently replaced all our mattresses to offer our guests the best in state-of-the-art bedding and am delighted that you thought it the most comfortable you have ever experienced!

We love to get feedback and appreciate your taking the time to tell us about your visit from the "perfect" service and "helpful" hotel driver to the Fitness Club facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Seasons Washington, DC soon.

Saratoga Springs, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Lovely room, every convenience - robes, slippers, chocolates. Everything was very clean and very comfortable. The concierge and doormen were attentive and helpful in finding cabs and even getting us a pass for a museum visit. We didn't eat in the restaurant because we were intrigued by the variety of offerings in walking distance in Georgetown, but we did enjoy the espresso/latte machine and little muffins offered every morning. We were there for a conference; if not I think our stay would have been very expensive.

Dear ejandjw,

Thank you for your Five Star review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our Concierge and Door teams could be of assistance. We look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Washington, DC and hope you will try Seasons and Bourbon Steak restaurants on your next visit - and ENO for a bottle or flight of wine in a casual and friendly atmosphere.

All the best,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Out standing service from all staff, good fitness center and pool. Restaurants also got great service, but don't put too much expectation on the food. It needs lots of improvement. Hotel feel a little old, may be a little pricy for what you get. No coffee offer in the room for a 5 Star hotel? Very strange.

Dear Jeff L,

Thank you for your Five Star review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and will be sure to share your gracious comments about the "outstanding" service with the staff. I am disappointed, however, to hear that the food did not meet your expectations and would welcome further discussion with you.

We would be happy arrange for a coffee set up on future stays. I also wanted to mention that we will have a major guestroom renovation in 2015 and are excited about the many enhancements we will have for our guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I have been traveling to D.C. both for business and for pleasure for the past 20 years. I have stayed at several Ritz Carlton locations and others like Watergate and Intercontinental and even the Omni. This is my second stay at the FS DC after more than15 years.
I came for a huge convention but decided to stay here at Georgetown and not downtown so I could walk in the afternoons to the different restaurants close by.

I booked through one of those travel agents that have a special agreement with FS that includes an upgrade and daily breakfast which is great. I was told that I had moved up 2 levels from the deluxe room, but the room I was given was still small by FS standards. (my guesstimate is no more than 300 sq ft, no double sink in the bathroom) I can't imagine the size of a standard room is. This was like 3 steps up from that. Also the height of the room is pretty low. I suppose is based on the maximum height for the building in Georgetown, and the Architect tried to maximize the numbers of floors within that restriction.

The doormen are always too busy to make you feel at home. I have to compare that with my recent stay at FS Vail, where they would always were extremely polite and eager to assist. Not the case in DC. It could be any Sheraton or Westin, not the FS service.

The employees at the front desk and concierge were always attentive and you felt they really wanted to help. Always.

I had see outstanding reviews for the breakfast and brunch. I arrived late sunday so I skipped the brunch, but the daily breakfast menu is nothing to rave about. However, I asked to make some changes to their regular huevos rancheros, (no sweet beans and cheddar cheese please!), just the tortilla at the bottom, 2 fried eggs, sour cream, avocado and pico de gallo on top. There you have a true huevos rancheros ;-) and they were very helpful and willing to make us happy.

We did have dinner at their stake house as we had a 100 usd allowance. Again it was good, not outstanding and it still cost 140 above the 100 allowance in a dinner for 2 with only 2 alcoholic drinks in total. Hefty ticket for a mild average experience.

Now the question is, will I book again here? The answer is yes. Georgetown has a lot of charm. Before DC became the capital, the 2 existing cities were Georgetown and Alexandria. We are talking 1700's. So staying at the FS allows you to walk to many interesting restaurants, live some of the history of the city and still be close to downtown DC.

If you want to combine business and tourism, this is the place to stay.
Just lower your expectations a bit and you will be fine. If you have stayed in other FS you will most likely make comparisons to other locations, but they are still one of the best options in DC and particularly in Georgetown.

All my taxi rides to downtown and Convention center were fast and easy. No more than 10 to 12 usd.
I had rented a car but left it parked at the hotel. At check out I found that the daily parking fee is 52 usd per night. Almost a room in a low budget hotel. They should include car washing to make it less obscene. I know its DC but still...
I would recommend to hire an executive car from and to the airport and just take taxis locally as opposed to renting a car.

Final comments: If you stay for tourism ay the FS DC and have been to the different Memorials, don't miss the Congress Library, go inside, is like traveling to Europe. Your jaw will drop open. You can be in luck an assist a live session in the Congress. You don't need a previous reservation to go inside. Visit the Cathedral, its amazing and ask to go there through embassy row, beautiful embassy homes. The National Gallery has one of the best collections of Impressionists in the World. Look up for the Hillwood Estate, excellent art collection as well as the Phillips Collection.
Here is a link for an excellent private tour company that includes all the local favorites.

FS DC is a very nice hotel indeed, its just not on the same level as other FS locations, but you will find the nicest people working there, as always, and you will enjoy all your evening walks. Just make sure to reserve in advance the restaurants you choose, as they are always packed. Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dirk B, General Manager at Four Seasons Washington D.C., responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear PegasoMex,

Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate your taking the time to give us your constructive and detailed feedback which is the best means we have of improving our service. I am sorry we did not provide the WOW experience you expected and we aspire to.

However, I am happy to hear that our Front Desk and Concierge teams were always attentive and that you would plan to come back again. We hope to see you soon and have another opportunity to provide an experience in keeping with your expectations.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

If you want to all your travel needs meet, then you should stay here. Everyone was kind and bent over backwards to make sure we were happy. The staff at each service was well informed at each question we had. The food at the steak house was divine. Also, there is so much in walking distance to do and see.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear AngiDas,

Thank you for your Five Star review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and Bourbon Steak restaurant and that we exceeded your expectations overall. We appreciate your taking the time to give us your feedback and hope to welcome you back soon.

All the best,
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

we arrived at midnite,due to airline delay,so we were pretty tired.However when we got to room,toilett was out of order(not Flashing)minibar did not open.ordered room service ,steak though not edible,however we got an upgrade to a suite,and appreciated it

Room Tip: suites are the best if you like a bigger bathroom and facing Pensylvania ave