“First Class” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Washington D.C.

You added Four Seasons Washington D.C. to your Saves list
Four Seasons Washington D.C.
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2800 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Georgetown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2 Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #4 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
York, United Kingdom
“First Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

After a disastrous start, through no fault of the hotel, everything was superb. You feel that you are an important client, even though the hotel was full to bursting. Excellent food, comfortable room, and excellent bath room

Room Tip: East Wing for choice
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Gail B, General Manager at Four Seasons Washington D.C., responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Leckby,

Thank you for your recent 5 Star review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations overall. Every guest is important to us and it's great to hear that you felt like an important client - you are! I think it's a wonderful compliment to our team and I know how much your feedback will mean to them.

Thank you again for your gracious comments and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Seasons Washington soon!

All the best,
Dirk Burghartz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

The service level that we received from everyone at the hotel was phenomenal and at every encounter, we received a genuine greeting and offer of assistance. The moment we pulled up to the valet there were two attendants who immediately greeted us and assisted with our luggage and car, this made for a very good first impression and was a prelude to the overall level of service we would receive. The check-in process was fast and pleasant, Sun Pak was very welcoming and greeted my son and offered him a gift from the toy wagon. We had a Capital suite, which was very comfortable, luxurious, and spacious. Sun also showed us upstairs to our room and was very helpful throughout our stay. There was a tent and small grill setup for our children and in the bathroom, there was a special body wash/lotion/shampoo/conditioner set for children along with the L’Occitane products. The other children’s amenities were child size bathrobes, slippers, and special welcome amenities. We had room service for several meals, each time it was brought up promptly well in advance of the estimated time and the food was delicious. We were able to use the hotel car service for dinner our first evening and the driver was very friendly and knowledgeable. Upon returning to our room, the turn down service was already completed as we had requested before leaving for dinner and the housekeeping service was exceptional during the entirety of our stay. Jeff at the concierge desk was very helpful in securing a car service for use during our stay along with a stroller and DVDs to use in the room. We had one dinner at Bourbon Steak and one lunch at Seasons and Mother’s day Sunday Brunch at Seasons, the service we received was excellent and the food was outstanding. In previous visits to Washington, we have stayed at the Ritz Carlton, Fairmont, Intercontinental, and the Mandarin Oriental, but what drew us to the Four Seasons was the prominent Georgetown, but even more so, what sets this hotel apart from all of the other accommodation options in the area is the service. The food is consistently good with room service and the restaurants, we had high expectations for this visit and our stay was better than we had envisioned, well exceeding all of our expectations. The overall level of service at the hotel that we experienced was consistently excellent. We have had the opportunity to stay at Four Seasons hotels in other cities recently and the service level was impeccable at each location. We had been staying nearly exclusively at Ritz Carlton hotels whenever we travel, however we have found the value of our Four Seasons stays to be exceptional even with the absence of a club level lounge. We willing be traveling to Washington several times this year and will be staying at the Four Seasons Hotel each time.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

My daughter just graduated from Georgetown University, and I'm as sad to see her leave Georgetown as I am to leave the Four Seasons there. In fact, I'm telling my younger daughter, a freshman in high school to please try and get in to Georgetown- great school, great hotel! My favourite thing about the Four Seasons are Mel, Jeff and Michael- the concierges who are always cheerful and eager to help. Through the years they've gotten us tables at fully booked restaurants (at the last minute), flights when there were none available (hurricanes, severe storms) and just last week, Michael negotiated with British Airways and got me the upgrade that BA had been refusing to give even though I had originally bought a discounted first class ticket (but that's another story about BA) . Even my travel agent had given up trying. Anyway, I love the FS in Georgetown for many reasons, but the excellent service factor is what really impresses me.

Dear Elena B,

Thank you for your recent 5 Star review. It was wonderful to read your great comments about the hotel and particularly our Concierges, Mel, Jeff and Michael. They all take great pride in being of service and I know how much your acknowledgement of their professionalism will mean to each of them.

My belated congratulations and best wishes to your daughter on her graduation from Georgetown. It is a great university and I wish your younger daughter all the best, as well.

We hope to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Washington soon.

Orinda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Everything about the Four Seasons in Georgetown is excellent: location, service, room, bed, and food. We stayed five nights at the hotel in a lovely room- very large with large closet and lovely bathroom. It was very crowded at the hotel (graduations etc) when we arrived and our room was just being given a final check. Due to a smell of smoke from the prior occupant, the manager, to make sure we were in an absolutely smoke free room, wanted to change our assigned room. As we had to wait just a few minutes we were escorted to the lovely outdoor lounge and provided complimentary beverages as an apology for the delay. This sort of attention to detail and kindness is standard at the hotel. The people who did the evening turn down service were delightful. Most importantly, the room was quiet and the bed, as usual at the Four Seasons, was wonderful. Location superb-many restaurants and shops in Georgetown and a lovely walk to the Mall. Did not eat at Bourbon, the restaurant, but had a drink there-again great bartender and fabulous cocktails and the food smelled delicious. Yes it is not inexpensive but you do, so often, get what you pay for. This hotel is just a lovely place to stay in the hustle ad bustle of DC. Oh, I cannot forget to mention the Concierges...to a person they were helpful and charming. Everything was perfect.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Washington D.C., responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear sftcat,

Thank you for your recent 5 Star review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we surpassed your expectations overall. It was a hectic time in Washington with all the graduations and families here to celebrate. I look forward to sharing your wonderful comments with the staff. I am glad we could provide a haven amid the hustle and bustle of DC. We hope to welcome you back soon and hopefully, you will have a chance to enjoy dinner in Bourbon Steak on your next visit.

All our best wishes for the Holiday Weekend,

DIrk Burghartz
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Stayed here for two nights for work. Location was great, walkable to everything in Georgetown so managed to fit in a bit of shopping and also try out a few restaurants outside of the hotel.

Pluses: gorgeous room, spacious, everything you could need.

Service outstanding. I had a wardrobe emergency on way to White House Correspondents dinner, so Concierge sent up someone amazing (sorry I forgot her name) to sew me into my jacket (hook missing). A needle and thead and two quick stitches saved the night!

Minuses: the driveway arrivals area is really cramped so plan ahead if you will need your car brought up or meeting a driver who will need to circle the neighborhood until you call.

Sunday breakfast - the only option was a huge/pricey Sunday Brunch in hotel restaurant or blah room service so skipped it and went next door. All I wanted was toast and cofee.

Room Tip: get room over Rock Creek Park for more light/green space vs. side street or courtyard.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

The reception was slow and not very efficient. An information of the starting time of an event was wrong. The Windows in room did not open which felt like being inside an office. Breakfast;the service was good but the menu did not a have simple egg option. A request for a late checkout for only one extra hour was (politely) denied but denied nonetheless. I felt like in a cookie cutter 5 star without the flesh and bones of a real 5 star (ie) a desire to make the client feel welcome and a feeling that the staff is well trained and courteous. Leaving the luggage for storage and picking it back was long each way. Generally the staff in reception came across as lacking warmth and not at the level of a 5 star hotel.
I hope this review is helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
new york city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed here for a night, having long looked forward to trying out this place. This week I had a choice between a club room at the Ritz Carlton and a regular room here for roughly the same price, but based on the recent negative reviews on Trip Advisor decided against the Ritz for this stay and took my chances. Luckily, I was upgraded to a suite so that balanced things out. This property is really good -- the room was perfect, the gym and spa facilities are excellent, breakfast at Seasons was excellent (besides the good food, 3 people came up to inquire if I liked what I had). They have tons of TV channels on their system including a lot of Middle East channels (they have lots of Arabs staying there from the various embassies). The internet connection in the business center was poor but the concierge was helpful with internet and a local restaurant reservation. They sent me also to an excellent new local fish restaurant (Fiola Mare). The Hay Adams has no real gym to speak of, and the Park Hyatt doesn't really have a spa and I found the staff at the Park Hyatt to be not terribly knowledgeable -- this property is superior in these 3 areas. It is not close to a metro stop which is a problem except that people staying in this hotel probably tend to take taxis anyway and I was able to get to the DC Convention Center in under 15 minutes in a taxi for roughly $10-12 which is about as far across town as anyone would likely go within the central area. Hotel had a nice children's menu. If you can get past having the same green carpet in every hotel room all over the world when you stay at a Four Seasons property (fortunately i like the design), it is a reliable hotel -- I have yet to have a bad stay at a Four Seasons hotel. They just run a good show and clearly they are getting top ratings here and they appear to deserve them.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ivanciment,

Thank you for your 5 Star review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Four Seasons Washington and took the time to give us your feedback on your experience. It is always gratifying to hear that we exceeded expectations and I will be sure to share your great comments with our team. I also wanted to offer my sincere apologies for the poor internet service in the Business Center. We had some issues which our internet provider has since addressed and resolved.

We hope to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Washington soon.

All the best,