“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Washington D.C.

You added Four Seasons Washington D.C. to your Saves list
Four Seasons Washington D.C.
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2800 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Georgetown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2 Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #4 of 136 Hotels in Washington DC
Wilmington, Delaware
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My family of five: three children and two adults, stayed at Four Seasons Washington during Inaugural weekend. The hotel was obviously functioning at full capacity yet did not miss a beat. Our connecting rooms were amazing. Spotless, large and very comfortable. The bathrooms were fantastic. Housekeeping left pink bubble bath for the kids which they loved.

I was concerned that the hotel might be crowded, or that room service might be slow because we were staying at such a crazy time. Not at all. The car was aways ready when we needed it, room service was speedy and delicious. Housekeeping tok care of our laundry very expeditiously.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I prefer the more modern wing
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Greek first
Grapevine, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and the stuff went above and beyond helpful. The location is close enough to downtown but far enough away that neighborhood is quaint and romantic. The only reason I gave it four stars is bartender seemed irritated when I asked a question about bar menu.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenville, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family and I selected the Four Seasons for our visit to the Inaugural Ball. When we arrived we were immediately greeted by a very attentive staff. The professionalism and personal attention to the details were welcomed as we checked in. Our suite was well appointed and provided excellent space for us to relax and/or work prior to the event. We later met friends for a late lunch at Bourbon Steak, the food, atmosphere, and staff were all worthy of a 5 star property. The location is so convenient to both Pennsylvania Ave. and Georgetown. The members of the concierge staff were dedicated to ensuring our total experience was positive and stress free. Micheal Chase (Concierge) was especially helpful with our request. Overall our experience was outstanding.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
FourSeasonsHotelDC, Manager at Four Seasons Washington D.C., responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear DamonH0330,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your wonderful experience after staying with us during Inauguration. We are so fortunate to have many wonderful employees that take such pride in taking care of our guest. I'm thrilled that you had the opportunity to be pampered by Michael and will certainly share your comments with him. We look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC on a future visit.

Warm Regards,

Yvette Thomas-Henry
Hotel Manager
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have never had a bad experience in a Four Seasons and this hotel is very special to my wife and I as we celebrate our anniversay each year. We love coming here everyone takes such great care of us. Always a nice note and a treat when you arrive in your room and the rooms are clean and spacious with luxurious amenities. We will see you next year

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We travel to the hotel about twice a year for weekend jaunts to Georgetown and DC. Our last stay was as excellent as the first. The staff is always outstanding, very attentive and personal. I have yet to check in without a special note or champagne in our room welcoming our stay (usually a personal occasion).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at the Four Seasons Washington DC for 3 nights surrounding New Years Eve. We are somewhat local so this was a special mini vacation for us to celebrate the holiday. We arrived very late on our first night and were checked in immediately with the help of a wonderful doorman and concierge. The property as a whole made a great first impression and there is much to be said for that. We arrived at our room and it was beautiful. We are regulars at 5 star hotels but this was for some reason one of my favorites. The bathroom in particular was well designed and decorated. The bed was rather comfortable as well. So far, so good.

Unfortunately, we were awakened early the next morning by loud drilling. The concierge at check in did inform us of "emergency construction" going on in the building and we were given complimentary earplugs as a precaution. I kept them on the nightstand just in case, but I think only a coma would have kept me from waking up with that drilling going on. Good god was that drilling loud. It shook our entire room. My wife and I were shouting at each other just to have a conversation over our otherwise nice room service breakfast. We called the front desk to complain and we were offered a room on the other side of the hotel, but declined, as it would be inconvenient to move and we were told by the concierge at check in that the other side of the hotel would be even louder. We were mistakenly credited our mini bar charges at check out and were told they would not correct the mistake because of the noise, but I still don't think that's fair compensation. Oh well.

We left the hotel for shopping at Pentagon City as it truly was intolerable to stay. We returned several hours later and the drilling had stopped. We went to a wonderful dinner at Bourbon Steak for New Years Eve. The food there was a special menu for the holiday, and frankly was a little bizarre, but it was tasty and the service was good. I'd like to return in the future for their regular menu. The rest of the trip we mostly spent relaxing at the hotel. We got room service several times and it never disappointed. Even the casual foods like chicken wings and pizza were outstanding. We also visited the spa which was awkwardly located essentially inside their gym but was a completely enjoyable experience. My massage from Becky was one of the best I've ever had. It was smooth sailing at all times, except for being awakened early by more drilling on the final day.

All in all, this was a great experience and one of the better 5 star hotels in which I've had the privilege to stay. However, the drilling was a humongous, albeit allegedly temporary, disturbance, that put somewhat of a damper on our trip. I am somewhat disappointed in the way this was handled as I think being awakened early on 2 out of your 3 nights at a hotel and having 2 breakfasts ruined by drilling warrants more than a few free miniatures from the mini bar, but otherwise this was a great stay and we'll be back. I will call ahead, though, to make sure they are not planning any heavy duty construction during our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 1521YOU,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback after your recent stay with us. I’m pleased to hear that your overall experience was great and that you enjoyed your “mini vacation” including your New Year’s Eve dinner at Bourbon Steak, the spa, your room and in particular our room service menu and offerings. However, I am truly sorry that we had to have emergency construction during your stay. Thank you for bearing with us during this time and I am happy to report that the construction will be completed by next week. Please contact me directly when you decide to join us at Bourbon Steak as it would be my pleasure to meet you in person. I look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.

Respectfully,
Yvette Thomas-Henry
Hotel Manager
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We have spent one week in Four Seasons, and i have to say that this is absolutely amazing hotel in terms of service! Just couldn't be better! The hotel can boast excellent location -just next to Georgetown with fantastic restaurants, shops and cinema and 5 min away from Foggy Bottom area.
It has also very well equipped gym and decent-sized pool.
The only drawback was the noise from construction works in the hotel, hope it will be finished soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business