“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Washington D.C.

You added Four Seasons Washington D.C. to your Saves list
Four Seasons Washington D.C.
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2800 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Georgetown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2 Nights, Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Santa Barbara, California
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have never had a bad experience in a Four Seasons and this hotel is very special to my wife and I as we celebrate our anniversay each year. We love coming here everyone takes such great care of us. Always a nice note and a treat when you arrive in your room and the rooms are clean and spacious with luxurious amenities. We will see you next year

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We travel to the hotel about twice a year for weekend jaunts to Georgetown and DC. Our last stay was as excellent as the first. The staff is always outstanding, very attentive and personal. I have yet to check in without a special note or champagne in our room welcoming our stay (usually a personal occasion).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at the Four Seasons Washington DC for 3 nights surrounding New Years Eve. We are somewhat local so this was a special mini vacation for us to celebrate the holiday. We arrived very late on our first night and were checked in immediately with the help of a wonderful doorman and concierge. The property as a whole made a great first impression and there is much to be said for that. We arrived at our room and it was beautiful. We are regulars at 5 star hotels but this was for some reason one of my favorites. The bathroom in particular was well designed and decorated. The bed was rather comfortable as well. So far, so good.

Unfortunately, we were awakened early the next morning by loud drilling. The concierge at check in did inform us of "emergency construction" going on in the building and we were given complimentary earplugs as a precaution. I kept them on the nightstand just in case, but I think only a coma would have kept me from waking up with that drilling going on. Good god was that drilling loud. It shook our entire room. My wife and I were shouting at each other just to have a conversation over our otherwise nice room service breakfast. We called the front desk to complain and we were offered a room on the other side of the hotel, but declined, as it would be inconvenient to move and we were told by the concierge at check in that the other side of the hotel would be even louder. We were mistakenly credited our mini bar charges at check out and were told they would not correct the mistake because of the noise, but I still don't think that's fair compensation. Oh well.

We left the hotel for shopping at Pentagon City as it truly was intolerable to stay. We returned several hours later and the drilling had stopped. We went to a wonderful dinner at Bourbon Steak for New Years Eve. The food there was a special menu for the holiday, and frankly was a little bizarre, but it was tasty and the service was good. I'd like to return in the future for their regular menu. The rest of the trip we mostly spent relaxing at the hotel. We got room service several times and it never disappointed. Even the casual foods like chicken wings and pizza were outstanding. We also visited the spa which was awkwardly located essentially inside their gym but was a completely enjoyable experience. My massage from Becky was one of the best I've ever had. It was smooth sailing at all times, except for being awakened early by more drilling on the final day.

All in all, this was a great experience and one of the better 5 star hotels in which I've had the privilege to stay. However, the drilling was a humongous, albeit allegedly temporary, disturbance, that put somewhat of a damper on our trip. I am somewhat disappointed in the way this was handled as I think being awakened early on 2 out of your 3 nights at a hotel and having 2 breakfasts ruined by drilling warrants more than a few free miniatures from the mini bar, but otherwise this was a great stay and we'll be back. I will call ahead, though, to make sure they are not planning any heavy duty construction during our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
FourSeasonsHotelDC, Manager at Four Seasons Washington D.C., responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear 1521YOU,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback after your recent stay with us. I’m pleased to hear that your overall experience was great and that you enjoyed your “mini vacation” including your New Year’s Eve dinner at Bourbon Steak, the spa, your room and in particular our room service menu and offerings. However, I am truly sorry that we had to have emergency construction during your stay. Thank you for bearing with us during this time and I am happy to report that the construction will be completed by next week. Please contact me directly when you decide to join us at Bourbon Steak as it would be my pleasure to meet you in person. I look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.

Respectfully,
Yvette Thomas-Henry
Hotel Manager
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We have spent one week in Four Seasons, and i have to say that this is absolutely amazing hotel in terms of service! Just couldn't be better! The hotel can boast excellent location -just next to Georgetown with fantastic restaurants, shops and cinema and 5 min away from Foggy Bottom area.
It has also very well equipped gym and decent-sized pool.
The only drawback was the noise from construction works in the hotel, hope it will be finished soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

A one night stay in DC and stayed at the 4S in Washington.

It is a great hotel with fantastic service, absolutely no complaints.

Good food at the bar when I arrived, very courteous service from the front desk through to the waiters in the restaurant.

The gym is decent as well. Technogym machines and decent weights.

All in all i would very happily stay again. Not the most interesting building but that does not really matter and the quality of service and rooms is truly first class.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I travel extensively and am known as having very exacting standards... so with that as backdrop, I can't say enough good things about my experience at the Four Seasons in D.C.

From the moment I drove up, the visit was wonderful. It was a busy time but the staff all knew my name in about 2 minutes and all went out of their way to make my visit pleasant.

My room was amaziing.. beautifully appointed, great linens, bathroom, amenities. I was traveling for a client and got their corporate rate but I arrived here after staying for the same client at two Hyatt Regency"s: Houston and Baltimore - absolutely no contest!

The one negative - I dont' think their bar/ounge is all that atttractive - just not of the elegance I would expect at this level of hotel.

Room Tip: I was on an inner courtyard...not sure what others are available but worth asking about.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Washington D.C., responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Christine H.,

Thank you for staying with us at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC and for your recent review of our hotel. We are thrilled to know that you had a wonderful stay with us and that our staff recognized you by name.

I’m sorry to hear that you did not find our lounge and restaurant attractive. It was designed by David Rockwell with the intention of creating a modern American steakhouse with timeless décor.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home in the Nation’s Capital.

Happy Holidays,

Yvette Thomas-Henry
Hotel Manager
Bourges, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I've stayed at luxury hotels all over the world but this hotel is particularly good. Yes it's a very nice hotel, but most importantly the staff at this hotel are attentive. They know each guest and cater to the needs of each guest. I don't know how they do it but their responsiveness is amazing. Front desk, concierge, housekeeping, spa -- all the hotel personnel are amazing.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Four Seasons Washington D.C.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Four Seasons Washington D.C.

Address: 2800 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20007
#4 Luxury Hotel in Washington DC
#5 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$$
Hotel Class:5 star — Four Seasons Washington D.C. 5*
Located in the heart of the hip and historic Georgetown neighborhood, Four Seasons Hotel Washington offers unparalleled access to D.C.'S inspiring monuments and historic sites as well as the eclectic charm of upscale shops, restaurants, and galleries. Vibrant Georgetown is home to a rich variety of cultural attractions, stores and eateries. Listen to evocative jazz in Blues Alley, shop in the design district known as Cady's Alley and explore the C&O Canal, Georgetown Waterfront Park and Washington Harbour. Other popular attractions include the Old Stone House on M Street, Georgetown University, Georgetown Cupcakes (site of the hit show "DC Cupcakes") and of course, the famous stairs from "The Exorcist." It's an ideal base from which to explore the city. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Amex, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Four Seasons Washington D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Four Seasons Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
4 Seasons Washington d.c.
Four Seasons Washington Dc
Washington Dc Four Seasons

If you own or manage Four Seasons Washington D.C., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.