“Great stay at the Four Seaons” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Washington D.C.

You added Four Seasons Washington D.C. to your Saves list
Four Seasons Washington D.C.
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2800 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Georgetown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2 Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #4 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
Sarasota, Florida
“Great stay at the Four Seaons”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2008

First of all let me say that I have never stayed at a four seasons resort before, so I am unable to compare to others in the chain.

My stay experience was great. Although a room with two double beds was my only available option upon a very early check in, I found the room to be well appointed and large in size. The bathroom was amazing! I think I've stayed in a few hotel rooms that were the size of the bathroom. :) The soaker tub was terrific and I definitely found time to spend in the tub after a long day with all the great L'Octane bath products.

Stayed January 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Royal Oak, MIchigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2008

What can I say Great service, Great hotel, Great location

• Liked — Room
  • Disliked — The have a odd wi-fi service that does not let you back-up so you have too re-enter your address
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel twice before and those stays were outstanding. This latest visit was a let down as the level of service has fallen off. We did not receive the type of room we requested and went back to the desk to have the error corrected. After some time they finally found a room of the type we reserved. When we got to that
room there was a small plate of oranges and bottle of water set up for
the person who was going to be in that room. The person who took us to
our room made a big production of taking the bowl of oranges and the water out as if we were not entitled to a dollar's worth of fruit and an 8 oz bottle of water!!! We were rather shocked that they took the stuff out of the room in front of us....they should have either left it in there or sent the guy up before we got there to take it out. They made us feel like we were not really welcomed at all. It was kinda tacky and for over 500 bucks a night they could have let us have
the stuff.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Staff was not up to par.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2007

Not as nice as other Four Seasons but still my stay was good The suite was fantastic, had two bathrooms and two LCDs. The location was great, and the staff and concierge were very helpful. Only thing I didn't like was the bed. It wasn't comfortable, the mattress was very hard and I woke up both nights with back pain (I never had back pain). It was funny, that on the night stand Four Seasons was trying to sell there mattress, sheets, duvet and pillows just like all hotels, but this one was probably the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on. The Red Roof Inn I was put in near the San Francisco Airport by United Airline for a night had a better bed. I don't care if its the Four Seasons or the Motel 6 when I stay in a hotel IM looking for a great nights sleep and the Four Seasons in DC failed to deliver that.

• Liked — Location, Rooms, Bathroom, Staff, TV, Decor
  • Disliked — Bed
  • Stayed December 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2007

My family and I were treated royally by each and every staff member at this absolutely wonderful hotel. Situated in a most convenient location close to all facilities and landmarks we rued the fact that our stay was so short.

This is accommodation that very few people would be able to fault. Luxurious and comfortable suites, no detail overlooked, courteous attention from all - one has to experience this hotel to appreciate these words.

I highly recommend a stay at the Four Seasons on Pennsylvania Avenue in D.C. where four stars are not nearly enough to describe the experience.

Many thanks to the management and staff.

• Liked — Spaciousness and comfort
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2007

My husband and I stayed there for one night to celebrate our 15th anniversary. The receptionist said congratulations to us when we checked in, but upon entering our room we were greeted with small plate of chocolate mousse and fruits w/ a chocolate sign saying "Happy Birthday". Room was beautiful, immaculate and the bathroom was a dream. Complimentary L'Occitane hygene products which my husband fell in love w/. The spa where we received full body massages was very accomodating. Excellent masseuses - the best part of our stay! Don't schedule any salon services from the Salon Georges in the hotel. Pedicures are not given in typical modern massage chair manner. You sit in an office style chair and they hold your feet up on their laps. The salon is so busy - you can't hear yourself think. I've gotten better manicures and pedicures for WAY less! We ordered 2 "New York Style cheesecake" from room service and got 2 baby cupcake shaped cheese cakes topped w/ raspberries. Very dissapointing. I asked 3 times for Bubble Bath and still only received bath salts (after 40 minutes) because the head of housekeeping said they don't carry bubble bath. Yet they make a bathtub fit for for two?? Doesn't make sense... Breakfast in the Seasons restaurant was delicious and filling. I had the traditional Eggs Benedict and an order of Pineapple Danish - the best danish I've ever tasted in my life!
With that said, the staff is extremely friendly and very well trained. All in all, it's good to go there once for the experience. But I won't do it again.

• Liked — Spa
  • Disliked — value
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reston, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

We have stayed a many Four Season Hotels around the world, and this was inconsistent with the quality this 5 star chain promises.

I attended a PAC sponsored political event held at the hotel recently, and I met my husband later in the evening for dinner and drinks, and we decided to unexpectedly spend the night.

Both the banquet facilities for the event and restaurant were fine quality, typical of a 5-star restaurant/hotel so it met all expectations.

However, the hotel room and service we experienced as ordinary guests booking a hotel room here was much less to be desired. The hotel was old, the furniture was old, the bathroom had mildew in the shower, the ceiling had old water stains from what appeared to be a roof leak, and the service was awful. The limo service was way overpriced, and the drivers were extremely rude and inconsiderate. It took over an hour for room service to arrive. At check-out, the bill they slid under the door had the wrong name and profile information attached to our room number, and it took almost an hour to get disputed charges off our bill and the right name and credit cards to match at check out.

The experience was both frustrating and disappointing. I would not stay here again.

Stayed August 2007