“Very good, but some surprising issues” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Washington D.C.

You added Four Seasons Washington D.C. to your Saves list
Four Seasons Washington D.C.
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2800 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Georgetown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2 Nights, Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Toronto
“Very good, but some surprising issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I am a Four Seasons fan, having stayed in multiple properties over the years. Was expecting the usual stellar experience in Washington, especially given it's #1 ranking on TA. Overall, it was mostly very good, but there were some surprising smaller issues.

On the positive side:
Room was quiet, clean, well-appointed.
Appreciated the 4th of July cupcake surprise (we were in town for the fireworks).
Breakfast was very good quality, well-made, service good.
Location is great, close to Georgetown and within walking distance of the Mall after the fireworks.
We had the use of the hotel car one night to get to dinner (BMW 750iL....very nice).

On the (surprisingly) not so positive side:
Someone walked into our room after we arrived; they apparently had the room the night before, but switched and got mixed up re new/old rooms; good thing we hadn't gotten undressed yet; the hotel was apologetic, but no real good explanation for why their key card was still programmed for our room. No real follow-up either...
The drain in the tub didn't seal properly; my son had to give up on his bath.
The water pressure in the shower was fine the first night, but quite poor the next 2 days.
The room was a strange shape - very long with beds on one end and the TV on the other; made it difficult to see the TV actually, it was so far away.
The room service cleaners left an old sheet sitting on top of our luggage - twice!

So, doesn't change my opinion of the chain, but hope our next experience is better.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Four Seasons Washington D.C., responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Real_FoodieToronto,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Washington, DC. I’m pleased to hear that you found your guestroom to be quiet and clean and furthermore that both our breakfast and service met your expectations. As I am sure you know, being a Four Seasons guest, every day we strive to provide excellence in every facet of a guests stay and I am disappointed that we did not deliver that during your visit.

I want to personally apologize for the various issues you encountered as they do not represent the true Four Seasons experience. I’m deeply sorry that another guest entered your room upon arrival. Our Director of Security has looked into the incident and has retrained our staff to avoid future occurrences. In addition, I’ve spoken to our Director of Housekeeping who will address the staff member who serviced your room. Regarding the water pressure and drain issue, an engineer was dispatched to the room today to repair these issues. I only wish we were informed about these matters during your stay so that we could have fixed them immediately.

We value your feedback immensely and appreciate you bringing to our attention these matters as it helps us deliver our best on a daily basis. I can only hope that when your travels lead back to Washington D.C. you will give Four Seasons Washington another chance. If you would like to discuss your stay with me personally please contact me at the number listed below.
Sincere apologies,

Rolf Lippuner
Director of Rooms
202-944-2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Denia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Having stayed many times in DC I found this hotel to be consistently friendly, efficient, and good value for the quality and services offered. i would stay again without any problems.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

While making the reservation, I mentioned this visit was celebrating our first anniversary. We were upgraded two tiers to a pretty suite and were surprised with bubbly and a cake in our room!

The room was truly gorgeous, absolutely spotless and very comfortable.

Great location.

We loved our stay and wished we could stay longer than one night.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I knew I could not go wrong choosing a Four Seasons Hotel for spa special occasion. I did not want to risk any setbacks and s=disappointments and I trust their service, so , so I chose Four Season's DC for our Father's Day weekend trip and Im delighted that did! Four Seasons made it a trip to remember and cherish. Upon arrival, our room was upgraded because we were celebrating a special occasion and we were welcomed warmly. The room was fabulous: beautiful, classy and really spacious..... A massive closet space, separate shower, tub. We were facing the courtyard, so it was clam and quiet and I just loved it.

The service was -as usual impeccable, courteous, welcoming, attentive. On father day night we received a cute complimentary Father's Day cake from the hotel. How sweet. It was just great and I left a happy camper. Only regret? I should have stayed longer. I will be back.

Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Service is exemplary. Rooms are clean and big. This is truly a world class hotel. Very close to shopping and dining in Georgetown. You can walk to everything in Georgetown.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back. The front gets a lot of street noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
West Chester, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is one that we will talk about for a long time. From the moment we pulled in and met the doormen to the Front Desk Manager, they were all exceptional. Walking distance to all the Georgetown shops. We had dinner in Bourbon Steak within the hotel. WOW! what a dinner and the service was great. Everything about the stay was great. My wife said the bed was so good she never wanted to leave. Public transporation was great took some getting used to, we never used it before. Ask for details in advance the Circulator bus people are rude and will not help a first timer!!

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

We spent just three nights here in May and we loved it. Georgetown is a great loaction - that bit quieter and more restful than the city centre and yet close enough that none of the sights are too far away. The staff at the hotel are outstanding. From the doormen to the Front Desk Manager, they were all exceptionally friendly and efficent all at once. While the hotel was busy, there was always more than enough staff to cope. We were upgraded to an enormous suite which was wonderful but I suspect that all the rooms here are finished to a very high standard. The decor is a little too conservative for my taste but that is a very small quibble - overall, we felt that this was the best place to stay in DC and we would definitely want to stay here again on our next trip.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Washington D.C.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Four Seasons Washington D.C.

Address: 2800 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20007
Location: United States > District of Columbia > Washington DC > Georgetown
#2 Business Hotel in Washington DC
#4 Luxury Hotel in Washington DC
#5 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
#6 Family Hotel in Washington DC
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$$
Hotel Class:5 star — Four Seasons Washington D.C. 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Amex, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo, Prestigia and Tingo so you can book your Four Seasons Washington D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Four Seasons Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
4 Seasons Washington d.c.
Four Seasons Washington Dc
Washington Dc Four Seasons

If you own or manage Four Seasons Washington D.C., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.