“DC Anniversary Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C.

Bookmark
You added Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C. to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C.
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1250 22nd Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
From $109 with Breakfast!
Ranked #62 of 131 Hotels in Washington DC
Trenton, New Jersey
“DC Anniversary Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Embassy Suites for my 4 year wedding anniversary. It was great. The room was very spacious and clean. The hotel gave us an upgraded room since we were there for our anniversary. They bumped us up to a corner suite king bed suite, which was more than enough space for the two of us. The scenery outside our suite wasn't ideal but it could of been worse. Our living room window and bedroom window faced a construction site which wasn't terrible. Overall I enjoyed my stay and the buffet breakfast every morning was a money saver and well worth the early rising each morning. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice, clean, and centrally located hotel.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Madison, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Wife stayed there and left bags up front while she attended meeting. Came back to get her two flash drives and they were no longer in suite case with sci calculator. Not a major loss but drives were needed to settle fathers will. Just goes to show u someone working there is just looking to steal anything. Reported to mgmt but they failed to call back. Obviously they don't think it's a big deal they have thieves on the payroll that likes to go thru customers bags. If you stay here make sure you take no bags or carry everything with you. That is if you don't mind someone rifling thru your things

• Stayed February 2013
lfeeback, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C., responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I am concerned about your experience as described and appreciate your feedback. Our top priority is the safety and security of our guests. Please contact me directly so that I may discuss this matter with you.
Littleton, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Rooms are clean, but getting a little tired. My room had a mattress that was worn - good thing I could switch to the other bed since I was traveling alone. Breakfast selection is good and fresh. Service is good also.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
EveningManager, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C., responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. We can assure you that our main priority is for our guests to have an exceptional stay with us. While we are happy to see that your stay was good, we do apologize for your mattress not being comfortable enough. We are always looking for guest reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and we will keep this review in mind. Thank you again for your feedback, and we invite you back to stay with us next the time you are in Washington DC.
Milford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here because it was close to Kennedy Center and I was attending an event.
It was convenient to everything and the metro station. Great area for a run,near parks and
close to Georgetown for shopping and dining.
The staff at this hotel couldn't have been more helpful and the rooms clean and spacious.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
EveningManager, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C., responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for leaving a review on Tripadvisor. We were delighted that you stayed with us and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and stay with us again when you come back to Washington DC.
Sandpoint
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Great location ~ within walking distance to many things we wanted to do. Staff was very helpful and accommodating. Evening cocktail hour was a nice feature and breakfast was excellent ~ one of the best we have experienced in a hotel. Having a suite is wonderful for us because it makes it convenient for working.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I spent two days staying at Embassy Suites Washington DC with my wife in mid January.

Location: excellent
The hotel was about half way between Dupont Circle metro and Foggy Botton metro, about 4 to 5 block from each metro station. Although it was so cold, it was not a long walk distance. Safe neighborhood and quiet street. There are decent restaurants around the hotel even though most of them are pricey. You can check at yelp.com, or any other gourmet sites. Also, there are great restaurants around two metro stations I mentioned.

Room: excellent
Room is clean and large though furniture was a bit old. I did not know it has a separate living room when I booked this hotel. I realized it after I entered the room. Everyday the room was made up perfectly.

Staff: kind and supportive
Staff were kind and helpful. Whenever I asked for help, they were kind enough to answer and provide support.

Convenience facility:
Morning buffet was good, not great. It was typical America buffet. The only thing I want to improve is about a variety of fruits. There was only melon, but other hotels I stayed at supplied more kinds of fruits. There was a business room where printers and computers are provided. There was a small pool, but I did not have a chance to use it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lexington, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The customer service was fine - nice people at the front desk and bar, but there never seemed to be more than one person working at a time which made for long wait times if you had any sort of question or issue. The hotel rooms were fine but could use some freshening up - the furnishings and bedding seemed a bit tired. The house keeping staff kept the rooms very clean though and were very timely. The complimentary breakfast was good (except the coffee) and the evening reception was okay. On a weird note, the hotel lobby and bar area were totally dreary. I really like the atrium concept but during my stay it was overcast and dark in the atrium the entire stay. No one bothered to turn up the lights. Even in the morning the breakfast/bar/lobby area was unpleasantly dark - management should have made an adjustment for this.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
lfeeback, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C., responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to comment. I am excited to share that a full guest room renovation is scheduled to commence late this year, with a beautiful model suite fully complete. While we often will adjust atrium lighting on darker overcast days, I am sorry that we missed during your stay and will review our process to improve consistency. It is my hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again on a future visit to the area.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C.

Address: 1250 22nd Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037
#47 Business Hotel in Washington DC
#54 Family Hotel in Washington DC
#69 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C. 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Reservation Counter, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Washington Dc
Washington Dc Embassy Suites

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.