“Good experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Washington D.C. Georgetown

You added Embassy Suites Washington D.C. Georgetown to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Washington D.C. Georgetown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1250 22nd Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
From $179 with Breakfast!
Ranked #62 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Weems, VA
“Good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My guy and I spent the night here in order to attend a nearby engagement party and bridal shower. The location is excellent close to plenty of stores and eateries and a good place to walk - seemed very safe. Our room was quite nice. We enjoyed the complimentary happy hour and the excellent hot breakfast. Would definitely return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Lanexa, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Suite was spacious but a bit dated. My son loved it because they had Nintendo Gamecube games on the tv. He said they had a great selection. He also claims his favorite game, Zelda was avalible to play.The Italian restaurant in the hotel was a plesant surprise and exceeded our expectations for a late night snack. Breakfast in the morning was good - the chef who prepared my omlette was very cordial. There is ample off street meter parking if you want to save the $40 overnight valter charge.

Room Tip: Corner suites cost a little more but are much bigger.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
EveningManager, Manager at Embassy Suites Washington D.C. Georgetown, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
We want to thank you for staying with us and leaving a review on Tripadvisor. We are glad to see that we had some of your son's favorite videos games available on the Nintendo 64. I still remember when Zelda for 64 came out and how popular it was so I can imagine the surprise when you son saw that we had it. Please be sure to come back and visit us the next time you are in DC because we would love to have you and your son stay with us again.

Thanks,
Marcus Robinson
Evening Manager
Embassy Suites Washington DC
202-449-4023
Sandton, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

The hotel is close to the metro and has plenty shops and restaurants in the area. It is only a train ride away from all the sights if you have time to go and see them. The staff were pleasant and very helpful at all times .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
lfeeback, General Manager at Embassy Suites Washington D.C. Georgetown, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for staying with us - and taking the time to share your positive experience. Our West End location is ideal for access to all DC attractions - while within walking distance to Georgetown. I hope we may serve you again on a future visit to the area!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The hotel is fabulous and the front desk is great, me and a couple of my girlfriend stayed there last saturday and we had the best time i would recommed this hotel to Family and Friends.And the Breakfast was awesome

Room Tip: the suites are great for familys
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for leaving a review about your stay on Tripadvisor. We are glad to see that you had a good time at our hotel. We appreciate you recommending us to other travelers. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you soon.

Thanks,
Marcus Robinson
Evening Manager
Embassy Suites Washington DC
202-449-4023
Waltham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

If you are planning a trip to DC, look no further than the Embassy Suites Convention Center. It's central location makes it the perfect launching spot to go towards the Capitol, Smithsonian Museums, Library of Congress, Supreme Court OR to the Washington Monument, White House, War Memorials, and Lincoln Memorial. Take the Metro or the Circulator Bus around the corner from the hotel and you will have no need for a taxi.

Bu,t the BEST part of our trip this past weekend (12/6-12/9) is the staff .The Front Desk and Conceirge staff (Butch, Robby, Antonio, Joseph) are absolutely amazing. As are the teams from the restaurant, housekeeping and maintenance.

We had 20 people in our group (15 were middle school students) and we were taken care of like royalty! Add in the managers reception, fantastic breakfast buffet, superb, clean and comfortable rooms and you get the picture.

We had a top rate experience. I'd like to give the a 10 but the rating only goes to 5.

Room Tip: 501 was a corner room with added living room space.
vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

First impression on entering the lobby was the overpowering smell of the waterfall and fish pond dominating the courtyard. Over bright ceiling floodlights did nothing to obviate the shabbiness of the decor. Once in the room we were again overwhelmed by odour - this time the nasty citric and chemical smell of liberally used room deodorizer. Chipped paint, dirty upholstery and carpets that did not look like something you'd walk on in your bare feet. The breakfast is included in the price, and it was an adequate buffet with lots of fresh fruit and healthy options, though the deeply charmless setting is a problem. Staff very efficient and friendly, though my one and only request over my 5 night stay produced a disappointing result: I called housekeeping to ask for a kettle and few minutes later a man came to the room to fix my heating. I explained the heating was fine and what I asked for was a kettle, which he proceeded to radio for. What I ended up with was a phone call to tell me there were absolutely no kettles in the hotel.

This hotel badly needs a renovation and re-think.

• Stayed December 2012
lfeeback, General Manager at Embassy Suites Washington D.C. Georgetown, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. We value your feedback, and you may be assured that I have reviewed your comments with the leadership team for prompt review of our process. I am also pleased to share that we are currently finalizing details for our planned renovation. I am sorry that you were disappointed on your recent visit, and hope that we may have the opportunity to serve you again on a future trip to the area for a chance to make it right.
Hampshire, Uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed here during a business trip to Washington. The Hotel is conveniently located in the downtown area close to the convention centre and metro.

A very warm and friendly welcome greeted me on arrival by the staff at reception and the concierge. My room was huge, clean and very comfortable with a separate sitting room.

All the in-room facilities you would expect are provided - toiletries, tea/Coffee, Wi-Fi, Iron, Safe etc.

There is a 24hr fitness centre and a small indoor pool which is very convenient when returning
to the hotel quite late after a busy day.

The complimentary breakfast is worthy of special mention, you can opt for the pre-cooked hot buffet which is ideal if you're short of time. Alternatively, there is a cooked to order section which may take a little longer but you can order everything as you like it - great value.

The only down-side I experienced was the very close proximity of the office block next door right outside my bedroom window which meant I had to keep the curtains closed.

I would definately recommend this hotel and consider staying here again on my next trip to Washington.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel are not overlooked by adjacent office blocks.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Washington D.C. Georgetown? Share your experiences!