“Wonderful hotel and staff !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C.

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C. to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C.
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1250 22nd Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rates from $139!
Ranked #53 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Wonderful hotel and staff !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was a clean hotel in a safe area. The room was clean and plenty big. There were 5 of us in our party. The breakfast was very elaboriate and the staff went above and beyond at every turn. We came for 4 night over Thanksgiving and eve had Thanksgiving dinner in the hotel restaurant. I recommend taking a cab instead of the Metro.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
EveningManager, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C., responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you so much for leaving this review. Our staff take pride in ensuring that our rooms and public space stays clean. We thank you for pointing that out. We are also happy to see you that you were satisfied with your overall stay. We love to see reviews like yours. Thank you again and please come and stay with us again.

1,493 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Glenview, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I am a Hilton Diamond member and travel on a regular basis. Each year around the holidays I travel with my family and this year we chose Washington DC to see some family. I spoke with a front desk manager (Rachel) a few weeks before arrival and reviewed everything I needed re: rooms, cribs, receiving shipments, etc. Rachel handled everything from start to finish. I arrived and everything was setup, crib was put together, etc. Rooms (2) were perfect and exactly what Rachel had promised. I had a stroller like item delivered to the hotel and James in Maintenance took the time to assist in putting it together and getting me on my way.

There was an issue with running out of food during breakfast with all of the people that showed up. The restaurant manager told the truth and did whatever she could to take care of my party including sending a fruit basket to my room once she had fruit again to ensure my party had fruit for the remaining days of our trip.

Thank you to everyone at Embassy Suites DC. Your service was very much appreciated! A special thank you to Rachel and James for their personal services!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
EveningManager, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C., responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Wow! We are so happy to see such a kind review from one of our Diamond Memebers. Thank you for taking the time to recognize Rachel and James and providing your feedback for all to see. We truley appreciate it. Please come and stay with us again. We would love to provide the same level of service to you once again.

Waterford, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed here the week of Thanksgiving. Great location as it is within walking distance of two Metro stops and plenty of restaurants. The property was clean and the parking was conveniently located in the basement. If you have kids, it is perfect as the hotel pool is probably the warmest I've come across while traveling. The breakfast is similar to that of the other Embassy Suites I've stayed at with one exception: the bacon is the worst that I have had - anywhere! Paper thin with no taste. For that, I give it 4 stars instead of 5.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us over Thanksgiving. We are glad that you chose us to spend time with your family here at our hotel. With it being a bit chilly out, were are happy to see that you enjoyed our heated pool. Thank you for sharing your feedback for all to see on Tripadvisor. We want to invite you back to stay with us when you are back in our area.

Thanks again,
Embassy Suites Washington DC-Downtown
202-857-3388
Peekskill, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed at ES, DC upon recommendation of my Mom's travel agent. This was my first time at an ES and I must say, I was impressed. The staff at the at the front desk and concierge were helpful and friendly. Our rooms were spacious and clean and the beds were comfortable too. They have a wonderful breakfast buffet in the morning with a nice selection of items to choose from. This hotel also allowed us to hook up with the Old Town Trolley Tour Trolley which had a pick up stop across the street. You were able to buy tickets at the gift shop. And the little extra treat we enjoyed was the "manager's reception" which was a free happy hour from 5:30-7:30 with drinks and snacks. We also ate at the hotel restaurant which we found to be very good too. And Dupont Circle was a walkable distance from the hotel too.. If I every go back to DC, I would def stay at ES again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
EveningManager, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C., responded to this review, November 22, 2012
On behalf of the entire Embassy Suites staff, thank you so much for the wonderful 5 star review! We hope you will be able to visit us on your next trip to Washington DC. If there is anything else we can do to meet your accommodations in the future, please do not hesitate to me again. I will be happy to make your reservation personally.

Embassy Suites Washington DC-Downtown
Shortsville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Number one in my book of hotels in hospitality. Every staff member was very professional and we were always greeted with a smile and willingness to help. Have already recommended this hotel to my friends and family. Very impressed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
EveningManager, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C., responded to this review, November 16, 2012
We are pleased to see that you were impressed with our staff. We take great pride in hearing such comments and feedback. We thank you for recommending us to your friends and family, and I can assure you that we will provide them with the same exceptional service that you experienced. We thank you again for you for staying with us and we invite you back to enjoy our property once again.

Embassy Suites Washington DC - Downtown
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

A colleague and I stayed here for a convention we were attending at the Washington Convention Centre. Shuttle bus to center was about 10 min. This proved to be a very good hotel choice at a great price for DC. Breakfast is free and offers a huge selection each morning that changes slightly every day. Options always included made to order omelettes, pancakes, sausage or bacon, grits, yogurt, selection of pastries, fresh fruit. Afternoon snack includes glass of wine or sangria and veggies/dip etc. Business center is available with INTERNET and no charge for printing boarding pass. Internet in room is free. Staff very helpful and hotel restaurant quite good and reasonable. All in all this was a very good choice...the breakfast in particular helped us save quite a bit. Large suites with comfortable bed. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet on 5th floor...heard no traffic.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My stay at this hotel was superb! The staff was friendly, attentive and professional. I had a small problem with my room, but Evening Manager Marcus Robinson attended to my needs immediately. My problem was resolved within a matter of minutes beyond my satisfaction! The location of the hotel is centrally located near everything. Great job Embassy Suites, Washington, DC. I will be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for leaving this kind review on Tripadvisor. I personally would like to thank you for mentioning how I met your needs. I greatly appreciate that. We hope to have you stay with us during your next trip to Washington DC. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

202-449-4023

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C.

Address: 1250 22nd Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037
#40 Business Hotel in Washington DC
#48 Family Hotel in Washington DC
#50 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C. 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Reservation Counter, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Washington Dc
Washington Dc Embassy Suites

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.