“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C.

You added Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C. to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C.
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1250 22nd Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
From $109 with Breakfast!
Ranked #62 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Peekskill, New York
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed at ES, DC upon recommendation of my Mom's travel agent. This was my first time at an ES and I must say, I was impressed. The staff at the at the front desk and concierge were helpful and friendly. Our rooms were spacious and clean and the beds were comfortable too. They have a wonderful breakfast buffet in the morning with a nice selection of items to choose from. This hotel also allowed us to hook up with the Old Town Trolley Tour Trolley which had a pick up stop across the street. You were able to buy tickets at the gift shop. And the little extra treat we enjoyed was the "manager's reception" which was a free happy hour from 5:30-7:30 with drinks and snacks. We also ate at the hotel restaurant which we found to be very good too. And Dupont Circle was a walkable distance from the hotel too.. If I every go back to DC, I would def stay at ES again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
EveningManager, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C., responded to this review, November 22, 2012
On behalf of the entire Embassy Suites staff, thank you so much for the wonderful 5 star review! We hope you will be able to visit us on your next trip to Washington DC. If there is anything else we can do to meet your accommodations in the future, please do not hesitate to me again. I will be happy to make your reservation personally.

Embassy Suites Washington DC-Downtown
202-449-4023

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Shortsville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Number one in my book of hotels in hospitality. Every staff member was very professional and we were always greeted with a smile and willingness to help. Have already recommended this hotel to my friends and family. Very impressed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
EveningManager, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C., responded to this review, November 16, 2012
We are pleased to see that you were impressed with our staff. We take great pride in hearing such comments and feedback. We thank you for recommending us to your friends and family, and I can assure you that we will provide them with the same exceptional service that you experienced. We thank you again for you for staying with us and we invite you back to enjoy our property once again.

Embassy Suites Washington DC - Downtown
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

A colleague and I stayed here for a convention we were attending at the Washington Convention Centre. Shuttle bus to center was about 10 min. This proved to be a very good hotel choice at a great price for DC. Breakfast is free and offers a huge selection each morning that changes slightly every day. Options always included made to order omelettes, pancakes, sausage or bacon, grits, yogurt, selection of pastries, fresh fruit. Afternoon snack includes glass of wine or sangria and veggies/dip etc. Business center is available with INTERNET and no charge for printing boarding pass. Internet in room is free. Staff very helpful and hotel restaurant quite good and reasonable. All in all this was a very good choice...the breakfast in particular helped us save quite a bit. Large suites with comfortable bed. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet on 5th floor...heard no traffic.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My stay at this hotel was superb! The staff was friendly, attentive and professional. I had a small problem with my room, but Evening Manager Marcus Robinson attended to my needs immediately. My problem was resolved within a matter of minutes beyond my satisfaction! The location of the hotel is centrally located near everything. Great job Embassy Suites, Washington, DC. I will be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for leaving this kind review on Tripadvisor. I personally would like to thank you for mentioning how I met your needs. I greatly appreciate that. We hope to have you stay with us during your next trip to Washington DC. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I come to D.C. On business frequently. For this trip I decided to come early and actually be a tourist and see the city. After looking at reviews on TA I decided to stay here. What a lovely choice. I arrived about 8 pm and was greeted by curteous staff who checked me into my room quickly. I was given a corner room that was quiet and comfortable. The room was clean and well appointed.
I ordered room service instead of going out to one of the many nearby restaurants as I was tired from my flight. The food arrived quickly, was hot, and tasted good. The price was typical for room service but the quality of the food and service made up for the cost.
I had breakfast at the hotel and found the dining area sparsely populated. The food was hot and adequate. By the time I was leaving, however, the area filled with families and kids who were a bit too excited about eating breakfast. Since I was leaving this didn't bother me.
I spent the day walking around D.C. The hotel is situated so that you can walk to the Mall but I wouldn't recommend it if you have younger children or can't walk for long periods. Since I planned to be out all day but needed to check out, I had the hotel hold my bags. No problems with retrieving them and I fell that they were kept safe.
The only drawback of this property is that the rooms are expensive and less costly alternatives are available all over D.C. Even so, I would stay here again if only for an over night stay.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
EveningManager, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C., responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your sharing your feed back on Tripadvisor. We truley appreciatie it. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We welcome you to come back and stay again during your next visit to Washington DC. Thank you again.

Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We are a family of four (kids 7 &12 years ) and stayed in this hotel for 3 nights over the Labour day weekend. After looking at several hotels and following the TA forum closely I had zeroed on 2 hotels: Residence Inn and Embassy suites. Originally I had booked at Residence Inn but closer to travel realised that Embassy Suites was having a deal and moved to them. This was about £130 cheaper than Residence Inn for the 3 nights and I thought this was excellent value.
Caught a cab from Dulles on Saturday afternoon and the fare for 4 of us with 2 large bags was about $75 plus tips.
Check in quick and was allocated a suite at 8th Floor. The suite had a proper decent size bedroom separated from the living area (sofa bed,TV and dining table ) by a door. A little bit of privacy for the parents!! Bed was quite comfortable.
A small fridge, microwave and a coffee maker were handy. The shower pressure was decent and bathroom was of moderate size. Air con was a bit loud but very effective.
As noted earlier the furnishing is a bit dated but perfectly acceptable. The room opens into the corridor so you can't really open the curtains of those windows as anyone passing by can see into your room. But there was plenty of light from the bedroom windows facing the street. The view was nothing to enjoy, a tower block of offices. Cleaning ladies did a good job.
Elevators were fast and spacious.
All the employee we met were courteous and professional. No problem getting a cab, even at 5 am in the morning for my trip to BWI to see Niagara.
Internet in room was extra and I just used the Internet kiosks at the lobby. This is fine for checking odd e-mails, Facebook, weather and airlines check in etc, although one or two computers had a tendency to crash.
Now I was fully aware that this was a family friendly hotel and not suitable for a romantic break but some of you may get overwhelmed by the number of kids, especially during school holidays. Of course some parents simply lack the parenting ability or are just not bothered so there would be some unruly kids, but overall I'd say most of the kids were quite well behaved.
I also have read loads of comments about the breakfast buffet and the dreaded queues. Despite knowing the problems we just didn't have the energy to get up early and came down for breakfast @ 9am. The breakfast foyer was absolutely jam-packed. I just didn't bother about the freshly made omelette line and just stood in the buffet side. Still it was a good 15-20 minutes standing in the queue. The staff looked harassed but kept a smiley face. Must say plenty of options and although quality of the food was not mind blowing but perfectly acceptable.
On Tuesday morning we came down at the same time and what a change when the school holidays were over !!! I had a chat with the very pleasant chef making the omelette, we all tried different varieties of omelette and strolled through the breakfast area choosing our food and eating at a leisurely pace with a nice cup of coffee.
The evening reception serves snacks only with drinks from the bar but again very handy after a long day's sight seeing.
As mentioned the hotel is about 15-20 minutes walk from the Foggy Bottom metro but be warned in summer heat even that walk would be tiring. The Wallgreen next door is very handy. I discovered that the famous Indian Restaurant Rasika had opened a branch just 5 minutes walk from the hotel and we had a very pleasant meal there ( reviewed separately).
One night we also ate at the hotel's own restaurant Trattoria Nicole as we din't feel like going out again. The pizza was average and the Pasta was nice. Cocktails were very good.
Kids loved playing in the foyer and feeding the fish. On the day of leaving we left our bags with the Bellman and came back late in the evening to catch flight back home.
In my view this hotel does provide a very good value for money for families and as a result is very popular with families in school holidays. If you can live with breakfast queue ( or have your breakfast early) then this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for leaving such a wonderful detailed review on Tripadvisor. We are happy to see that overall you enjoyed your stay. We are also glad to see that your children enjoyed themselves too. It is feedback like yours that helps up to provide a wonderful expierience for all hotel guests. We want to thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again.

Lenoir, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We recently spent a long week-end at this hotel. We love the location which is close enough to everything downtown and in the midst of international embassies and other personal residences in a charming neighborhood. Another thing we love about it is that it is located within easy walking distance between Foggy Bottom and Dupont Circle Metro centers, making it convenient to just about anything you want to do in DC. There is also a Walgreen's nearby, very handy for purchasing essentials. We only needed a cab a couple of times, but when we did, the hotel staff was right there to assist us. The hotel stay includes a generous breakfast buffet and an evening reception. We love sitting in the atrium, listening to the waterfall, chatting and relaxing after a busy day of sight- seeing. The staff has been so kind each time we've stayed here. On this trip, the Manager was out and about, making sure the needs of guests were met and that we were happy campers (which we were). The rooms are spacious, the beds and pillows are comfy. The amazing part is the rates for the rooms are very reasonable for this particular area of DC. I love staying here and it will be our home away from home when we visit this exciting city again.

Room Tip: The 9th floor was very quiet and the view from our window of the National Cathedral was pretty cool!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for leaving such a nice review about your stay on Tripadvisor. We are glad that you liked our wonderful location near Dupont Circle and Foggy bottom. Most importantly we are glad that you grandchildren had a great time. We hope to see you again. Please come and visit us the next time you come to Washington DC.

Embassy Suites Washington DC- Downtown

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C.

Address: 1250 22nd Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037
#50 Business Hotel in Washington DC
#53 Family Hotel in Washington DC
#72 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C. 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, BookIt.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Washington Dc
Washington Dc Embassy Suites

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.